What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Shame Anna Maria seems to be not a villain. Almost done with BS4 after a break, then I guess I will play Syberia 3

Game is gud but I'd wait til patches.

it's a 8.5 i'll change to 9.5 once quirks are fixed

I will still wait for a price slash. Should replay the first two, at least.

Forgot this has Denuvo. Apparently it wasn't done very well as it's been removed already, heh

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There, now I have played Titanfall 2 for 9 hours due to playing it twice in a row.

Because the campaign is just superbly designed. I do wish it was a bit longer, but it's fantastic.

Have you tried the Multiplayer yet? I heard it's the best there is around.  

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

There, now I have played Titanfall 2 for 9 hours due to playing it twice in a row.

Because the campaign is just superbly designed. I do wish it was a bit longer, but it's fantastic.

I'm hoping with the precedent of a surprisingly good single-player campaign being attached to a great multiplayer FPS set by Titanfall 2 and Battlefield One means they do justice to the actually fairly exciting campaign premise of Battlefront 2. It seems that all the animation, environment art, scripting work, and returns-on-investment conspires to keep single-player campaigns of that order to around six hours or so, but I pine for the days prior to 2007 when 10-15 hours was the norm.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I'd just like to point out that the campaign in Battlefield 1 was exceptional when compared to other military shooter campaigns, but it had nothing on campaigns like Half-Life 2, Wolfenstein: The New Order or Doom 4. Well Titanfall 2's campaign does. It's a bit too linear at times, but it single-handedly introduced some of the best shootouts I've ever had in an FPS game. Its biggest drawback is the length - I've always held the opinion that games should end when there's nothing more they can do or tell, but as proven by me playing through it twice in a row, there was a lot more Titanfall 2 campaign could have done were it longer.

It's actually fairly mechanically complex, especially considering inclusion of SP-exclusive mechanics and at the end of the game, I just didn't have the feeling of mastery I enjoy about playing skill-based FPS games. Well I do have that now, second time through. I'm leaping from wall to wall, kicking down attack drones while lobbing grenades and shooting at ground targets. It feels absolutely amazing. But the first time through just didn't give me enough time for reasonable mastery, and second time through it's too easy even on hardest difficulty considering what I have learned the first time around.

Edited by Fenixp

Well that BS4 ending was...uh..something. Just cheated for the last bit, probably missed some detail but seems like a lot of stuff just happens for some reason like Maynard or Mark showing up at the end.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still Persona 5. I think I'm in the final stretch, but my interest is waning, so I'm splitting my time into a couple visual novels that I won't mention here.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished Full Throttle Remastered.  Lovely to hear the game with high quality music and voices but I think the visuals lost some of their subtle character in the translation to HD.

I was quite surprised by the realisation that the game itself isn't that great.  Great mood, characters and story but crappy puzzles and 'action' sections.

• Like 1

Started on Expeditions: Viking

Gameplay is good so far - combat is mostly like the old game, though so far the battlefields have been roomier. Haven't gotten far yet but liking it so far.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Finished Full Throttle Remastered. I think the visuals lost some of their subtle character in the translation to HD.

That's a shame... considering that the HD jump affected Grim Fandango in just the opposite way. Maybe it's the difference of art styles though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Finished Full Throttle Remastered. I think the visuals lost some of their subtle character in the translation to HD.

That's a shame... considering that the HD jump affected Grim Fandango in just the opposite way. Maybe it's the difference of art styles though.

It's not a huge deal but certain backdrops have definitely lost their moodiness.  Small animated details are missing and some dark skies have been changed to bright blue.  Everything else looks and sounds great though.

Some time ago, I wrote a preview for Expeditions: Vikings over at RPGCodex if anyone is interested.

I'm drowning in TB goodness. Temple of Elemental Evil, Battle Brothers, Expeditions: Vikings, Persona 5, Grandia and Digital Devil Saga 2. Good times. All of them different enough to make me feel like there is variation. TB games have always been my favorites, despite me playing lots of other stuff, too.

• Like 4

For the last couple days I have had the urge to play Rayman Legends (uPlay and Steam). One of the best and most beautiful platformers I've ever played. Also probably the most content ever squeezed into a platformer game in general.

Hats off to Ubisoft, they put out another masterpiece!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

My main gripe with Expeditions: Viking is the fact that when highlighting objects by pressing left alt, their outline is white, which is not really visible on the snow covered maps of the starting region.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Started another play through of the Last of Us. I bought the special hard difficulty DLC awhile back and Im finally getting around to playing it. Its good and the difficulty is refreshing, I am now trying to survive and chronically short on supplies. The game also has one of my favorite multi player matches of all time. 4v4 with this interesting mix of stealth and brute force, its only downside is its p2p, the multiplayer was an after thought and wasnt expected to be so popular, at least from what I hear. 

Okay, Inside was uh... Interesting. As opposed to Limbo it actually managed to remain reasonably interesting all the way through, altho I would cut a fair chunk of the 'flooded lab' bit. Animation quality, visuals, sound design - all of these things were stellar. An absolute joy when it came to environmental storytelling. But gameplay-wise... It was barely ok. I especially loved the bits where there was a clear solution to a problem like 5 feet to the side, but you could not use it as it's quasi-2D. And there's far too much trial and error required to my liking.

There was also a whole 'Prometheus school of running away from things' kind of deal with barrels rolling towards our protagonist who can't sidestep into huge space right next to him because of ... Reasons. These things should be at least obscured in a sidescrolling game.

Edited by Fenixp