What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Besides my slow and leisurely playthrough of TToN (I want to savor it like a fine wine), I started playing Albion Online. Normally, I don't do early access (technically it's not on Steam so it's not early access, but it's beta so same difference) but I have an itch to play a MMO, and the selection on Linux natively is fairly limited. The closest comparison I can make to a game most people will know of is Runescape(with just a dash of Eve). The game is geared toward PvP (with full looting in red and black zones), but it does have PvE, just very light on story and quite generic. On the plus side, you can play any type of char you want, not just your standard tank, DPS, and healer. You can be a gatherer, a crafter, a merchant, etc. While every town has an auction house, they're all separate and different types of higher tier crafting components are rare, or even nonexistent in certain regions, making buying in one place then selling in another a viable way to make money, especially since everything in the game is player crafted. I'm having fun with it so far and playing the final beta gives me a chance to get a taste and experiment before the final wipe and full release in July. That way I can be focused and have a plan when I make my char that counts.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well I dropped Persona 2. The music was great, so was the art and story, I just cant stand the battles which is most of the gameplay.

Put Front Mission III on hold as I am thoroughly hooked by Shadow Tower. Getting past the first hour where you dont have any idea of how to survive was completely worth it. This game is awesome. There is hardly any money in the game, so most everything is through barter, with health and weapons being pretty much the only currency and only tradeable at uncommon grave nodes scattered throughout the dungeon. The game is dangerous, but fair.  

A WTF did I buy moment, got the dlcs for ESO. Since I can't buy any games until I catch up on finishing slot of games, looks like I will be trying this out as well

Well if you like the game, the DLC is solid. Although I think it is a better deal to just subscribe.

Still playing Tides of Numero Uno.  I'm getting more into it the further I go.  Only annoyance is with these "ability" things.  Seems I keep missing out on dialogue choices because I can't replenish previously used up abilities.  I don't have the cash to keep staying in hotels just to replenish them every time.

I also bought ME: Andromeda.  Just installed the updates, but haven't gotten around to playing yet.  The reviews I've seen don't seem to paint a pretty picture.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Still playing Tides of Numero Uno.  I'm getting more into it the further I go.  Only annoyance is with these "ability" things.  Seems I keep missing out on dialogue choices because I can't replenish previously used up abilities.  I don't have the cash to keep staying in hotels just to replenish them every time.

I also bought ME: Andromeda.  Just installed the updates, but haven't gotten around to playing yet.  The reviews I've seen don't seem to paint a pretty picture.

You can safely sell any Oddities that don't have a "use" option, and even those with one in case they stick around after being used. There's also a truckload of healing items that restore your pools, uhm, make use of them.

Actually that's probably the biggest thing to keep in mind - don't hoard consumables. Use them. I hoarded them as I always do in RPGs and it was mostly for naught. There really never comes that one time where being at the cypher limit with everyone pays off.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

You can safely sell any Oddities that don't have a "use" option, and even those with one in case they stick around after being used. There's also a truckload of healing items that restore your pools, uhm, make use of them.

Actually that's probably the biggest thing to keep in mind - don't hoard consumables. Use them. I hoarded them as I always do in RPGs and it was mostly for naught. There really never comes that one time where being at the cypher limit with everyone pays off.

I've found like literally 2 items so far that restore my pools.  And they're both "might" ones, which is the one pool that is still full (most dialogue checks seem to use the .. umm ... brain cramp ... purple one?)

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing the first NWN, I never gave it a chance in the past because I always assumed you couldn't take any companions along. But the henchmen system is working nicely I picked up Tomi the rogue and he's a pretty neat guy and can pick any lock and disable most traps. I'm playing as a paladin.

Edited by BrotherFerg

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

I'm playing the first NWN, I never gave it a chance in the past because I always assumed you couldn't take any companions along. But the henchmen system is working nicely I picked up Tomi the rogue and he's a pretty neat guy and can pick any lock and disable most traps. I'm playing as a paladin.

I was always taking that red head chick, well I am weird in that way :)

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

currently playing this, but its really buggy from time to time, I guess its early access:

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Playing the new Styx. Seems quite similar to the first game, but with some more options for traps and the like. Also they made an effort to restore Styx's personality to more of what it was in "Of Orcs and Men"

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Finished Chapter 8 of Tales of Xillia in my NG+ run for Platinum. 8 more chapters to go :-P currently getting close to 250 hours mark O.o

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Nioh. I enjoyed it a lot and I'm looking forward to the DLC. Now I'm back at Dark Souls 3. Having played that for 4 months, I need to git gud again for the new DLC, so I'm helping people with the Friede fight. :)

Finished Chapter 8 of Tales of Xillia in my NG+ run for Platinum. 8 more chapters to go :-P currently getting close to 250 hours mark O.o

250??

I did it in 80 or 90, I think. Are you going for all Grade stuff?

Mass Effect 3: Eh... unpolished, rushed, and just a mixed bag so far...

CoH2: love me some RTS. Unfortunately things are starting to feel stale with the meta, factions, and exploits

I plan on playing Tomb Raider 2013, Pillars of Eternity, and Tyranny after ME3 I think/hope.

Still playing ESO, went in blind and having fun as a duel wielding dunmer.

Just been taking it easy and leveling up clothier, bs for weapons, and alch and enchanting.

Sadly quite a few people have told me that the race is not good for the class I'm playing.

Ce la vi, don't give a ****, I love dunmer rogues hehe

Still playing ESO, went in blind and having fun as a duel wielding dunmer.

Just been taking it easy and leveling up clothier, bs for weapons, and alch and enchanting.

Sadly quite a few people have told me that the race is not good for the class I'm playing.

Ce la vi, don't give a ****, I love dunmer rogues hehe

This is what always frustrates me with MMOs or even ARPGs that there's always a OP way to do a class or race and all I want to do is play games and have fun. I don't have the time nor want to spend the time to be the king of the leaderboards, I just want to enjoy myself.

Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Between the bad character models, bad animations, and generally sterile looking environments (doesn't look alive like some recent games), it feels like I'm playing the beta version of the game, not the final product.

Having said that, the actual game play is okay.  Combat is the same as always, and the story/quests are about on par with ME3 so far.  Not great, but fun enough to keep my interest.

But man, are the females ugly. 

250??

Oh, my bad, I missed 2 in my message :/ I play Tales of Xillia 2. I have finishe Platinum in Original ToX in about 135 hours. ToX 2 is lasting much longer for me, because beside of Platinum, I somehow feel, that I should unlock all waepons, beasts and skits in the encyclopedia :-D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Taking turns between three games:

Dex, Renegade Ops and Metro 2033 *Redux.

Looking forward to Lock's Quest HD, Crossing Souls and Shakedown Hawaii to come to Steam. Once they do, I'll probably be playing those two more than anything for a bit.

Rarely do I ever just play one game at a time. It's probably because I want to get some time in the games that are in my backlog.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

250??

Oh, my bad, I missed 2 in my message :/ I play Tales of Xillia 2. I have finishe Platinum in Original ToX in about 135 hours. ToX 2 is lasting much longer for me, because beside of Platinum, I somehow feel, that I should unlock all waepons, beasts and skits in the encyclopedia :-D

I haven't played ToX2 yet. I hear the platinum is a pita, so I might skip it for the second game.

I beat Dragon's Crown yesterday. I don't know if I will go for higher difficulty playthroughs. I played a bit on hard and it was fun, but playing alone has finally got boring. I played some random online games and it was decent fun.

Grinding my way through Albion Online.  I'm a solid tier 4 character wielding a halberd and wearing royal plate armor.  You get to tier 2 gear almost immediately in the game.  Getting to tier 3 gear is fairly quick.  Tier 4 takes a bit of time, it's at this tier that you unlock the full complement of weapons and armor (Before tier 4 you can only wield a basic melee weapon, staff, or bow and wear basic cloth, leather, or metal armor). Tier 5 takes a long time to get to.  I can almost wield a tier 5 halberd now, though I wouldn't be able to afford one at the moment, nor can I craft my own yet, though I'm starting to get within shouting distance.  I imagine getting to tier 6 is going to take forever and tier 7 will take an absolutely absurd amount of time.  I suppose I shouldn't expect anything else from a MMO, though.  On the plus side, you're always making progress in the game, no matter what you do.  Literally every action you do in the game gains you fame (Experience, basically) both toward the specific skill(s) you were using (fighting with an axe, chopping a tree, smelting ore) as well as toward the overall adventurer rating (Being a higher tier adventurer allows you to use higher tier basic items and services, such as riding higher tier mounts.  Every bit of fame collected, regardless of what you are doing, counts toward raising adventurer tier).  

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks