Would you like multiplayer in Deadfire?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Poll title says it all

I don't see a problem in some arena mode for pvp.

When you can import your campaign character - just for those who would like to try out strength of their builds.

For co-op pause can be turned off, pause only when dialogs encounter.

Fighting should be harder without pausing, but you have advantage in numbers - you are not alone.

I'm almost certain that there will be an achievement for game completion at maximum difficulty solo, so 1+ player should be easy game, even without pauses.

Pauses take away all micromanagement - I prefer to play without pause.

Also good AI scripts can smoothly fulfill "pause" absence.

"You must gather your party before venturing forth" is fine for co-op, your buddies can wait a bit, no need to implement solo locations.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 2 weeks later...

Almost 100 people voted.

I've read some information about Obsidian (Feargus Urquhart) opinion regarding to MMORPG

I know that would never happen, but I would love to see something like GW2, only in Eora world :)

Surely the fighting phase should be reworked...

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Pillars 2 won't be that game but eventually someone needs to make a multiplayer game like NWN. Not everyone likes MMO's and it's been too long since NWN2.

Pillars wouldn't function in multiplayer because the constant pausing that is needed to track the long list of status effects would drive everyone insane. Or maybe you could let the game flow on normal difficulty without pause. I would prefer a whole new game in Eora with a toolset and DM client when multiplayer happens though.

• Like 1

I have no idea how this would work. I can't really imagine myself wanting to spend a significant amount of time playing.

I'd rather a PoE based card game me thinks. RTwP works great for PvE. But multiplayer should either be full real-time or turn-based.

• 4 weeks later...

14% - yes

86% - no

I guess that's showing off the users mood for co-op, pvp mods... thanks for your votes and opinions :)

The problem is this isn't a useful poll for marketing research purposes. People who prefer co-op wouldn't be here taking part in the poll. If they were, the results could be quite different.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Remember how that worked for Diablo 3? And that was a "real-time without pause" game. Allocate resources to the core content.

One example only serves to show how not to do it. There are cRPG games that implemented multi-player just fine without impacting the single-player experience.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

One example only serves to show how not to do it. There are cRPG games that implemented multi-player just fine without impacting the single-player experience.

I'm trying to think of one... I guess D:OS has coop.

• Like 1