Which Figurines are the best? I'm trying to find this out for my soloer monk. Some figurines can be bought in towns but cost heavy. Are they worth it? 

These are the figurines (from the wiki).

Iridescent Scarab Figurine /1x Adra Beetle
Ebony Spider Figurine /3x Widow Spiderling +1x Widow Spider
Ivory Wurm Figurine /2x Wurm
Oaken Scarab Figurine / 3x Wood Beetle
Ashwood Cameo Figurine / 1x Delemgan
Obsidian Lamp Figurine / 3x Shade
Bronze Horn Figurine /1x Animat
The Nautilus of Or-Grammon / 1x Rain Blight
Beregan's Battle Horn / 3x Crag Rogue
Blighted Coals /1x Magma Blight

Maybe someone with experience can sort them?

Thanks in advance

Torin

In my opinion you want 2 things from a figurine :

- first and foremost, not dying too quickly ;

- giving you the flanking bonus.

That's why I never liked the wurms - they're ranged so they don't engage enemies, making them not very useful.

Shadows and Wood beetles are way too weak at mid to high level. They just die in a snap without slowing down enemies more than half a second.

Adra Beetle and Animat are better. In my 6-characters PoTD run I found them useful as situational bonus tank/fodder ; same with normal solo run. But if you go for solo PoTD.... ? I never tried it so I can't say for sure, but I just can't see them doing anything useful against those huge swarms of enemies. 

So here's my ratings. I might be very wrong about some of them, just think of it as a starting point for discussion :

Best : Ogres

Decent : Adra Beetle, Animat

Bleh : Wurms, Wood Beetle, Shades

No opinion / Lack experience : Delemgan, Rain blight, Magma Blight

• Like 1

That's why I never liked the wurms - they're ranged so they don't engage enemies, making them not very useful.

Shadows and Wood beetles are way too weak at mid to high level. They just die in a snap without slowing down enemies more than half a second.

Adra Beetle and Animat are better. In my 6-characters PoTD run I found them useful as situational bonus tank/fodder ; same with normal solo run. But if you go for solo PoTD.... ? I never tried it so I can't say for sure, but I just can't see them doing anything useful against those huge swarms of enemies. 

So here's my ratings. I might be very wrong about some of them, just think of it as a starting point for discussion :

The rain blight can be powerful in certain circumstances because of immunity

• Like 1

I like most

adra beetle for tanking, Door/corner blocking ( he's fat) and aoe DMG when needed ( his lighting spell).

Shadow figurine: for when you can reach them (lvl 5-6) they are totally op, but remains useful also in late game, since they are 3 and do blind in hit.

Ogres are strong but works ONLY in 1 map ad far i remember, wood beetle are ok in the beginning and weak late game, spiders are too fragile, delegman if you need his spells, magma blight is strong but difficult to reach;

• Like 1

All in all I find the Adra Beetle to be the most useful I guess.

I never use summons in party play and only do solo runs here and there - so I'm really no expert on using summons.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 6 months later...

Ogres? What figurine grants them?

I am a bit concerned, because I rely heavily on figurines, and they seem to be losing their impact as I level up.

"I am a bit concerned, because I rely heavily on figurines, and they seem to be losing their impact as I level up."

Yes, that means you should be relying on them less as you level up, too. Then summoning Ogres (both via Chanter and with the horn or whatever it is the Ogres give you when you go face the Eyeless. You get that by having Ogre allies when you don't kill many (any?) in the Ogre hole near Stalwart, there may be another way, but I don't know it).

Joe

• Like 1

"I am a bit concerned, because I rely heavily on figurines, and they seem to be losing their impact as I level up."

Yes, that means you should be relying on them less as you level up, too. Then summoning Ogres (both via Chanter and with the horn or whatever it is the Ogres give you when you go face the Eyeless. You get that by having Ogre allies when you don't kill many (any?) in the Ogre hole near Stalwart, there may be another way, but I don't know it).

Joe

But I am a newb; so I need every edge I can get! ;)

Ah, no wonder I never saw it when I played Normal. I killed all the WM Ogres.