Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Poll] Throwing weapons in PoE 2

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1855 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Why not a forum poll?

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I would love to see throwing stars, considering that Josh and Kaz said that some of the fashion for outfits was not only inspired by African wear but Asian styles as well. I would love to have a ninja-like character with throwing stars ;)

Ninjamestari

Ninjamestari

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 459 posts

I miss the unique ammo types we had with the Infinity Engine. That made it feel like I had to do some logistics planning. Now it's just pew, pew, pew...  :cat:

I miss the idea, but I don't miss the hassle they caused. The problem is that I don't know if one can have one without the other, which leaves me kinda conflicted on the whole issue. Maybe that's why I always go either magic on melee :p

But on the topic, yeah, why not. Throwing weapons might be neat especially for some monk sub-classes. I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other on whether to go with the unlimited stack approach or a limited stack size, although for a game where combat forms the vast majority of the content, the unlimited stack might be a more reasonable solution. I have no personal stakes on it in the short term, as I already know that my first character will be a big-ass Paladin with a big-ass two handed sword.

But now that I think about it, there could also be some sort of magical 'boomerang' ability that you can use to throw your melee weapon in order to perform a ranged attack. Not for paladins, but maybe for some multi-class Fighter/Wizards, maybe some spell like "Bob's bouncing boomerang - Throw your melee weapon at your enemies and magically guide it to perform x attacks, bouncing to y enemies before returning to your hand" or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users