Mass Effect Andromeda

213374U

I'm basically done with this game, and while this is a Kotaku piece, it's well worth the read (I know, I'm not quite over the shock myself, yet):

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

In other news, patch 1.08 is now live. The takeaway: we can finally bugger Jaal.

Well that confirms my suspicions about Frostbite. But basically it all boils down to massive mismanagement...

Agreed. BioWare has been working with Frostbite for six years or more. I think sins of mismanagement far out weigh the sins of the engine. The fact that Mac 'synthetic-vs-organics' Walters is spoken of by some of the devs as being the guy to right the ship tells me just how dead in the water MEA was.

Edited by the_dog_days

Keep in mind that the problems with the original ME were blamed on the Unreal Engine.

Sure, but the animations "suddenly" got worse with DA:I, coincidentally the first Frostbite game by BioWare (not to mention that the performance, for me at least, was lacking, especially as far as loading times were concerned, I imagine the large maps were pushing the limits of the engine already)

Edited by marelooke

If they'd still had the management issues it wouldn't have made any difference at all. Doesn't matter if you have the best people in the world working on something if the ability to put it into a coherent whole isn't present. Having ten times the facial animations makes no difference if the part of the team working on the engine haven't been told to or hasn't been able to implement facial animations, all that work is wasted. And that, apparently, is fairly close to what actually happened.

I'm basically done with this game, and while this is a Kotaku piece, it's well worth the read (I know, I'm not quite over the shock myself, yet):

http://kotaku.com/the-story-behind-mass-effect-andromedas-troubled-five-1795886428

In other news, patch 1.08 is now live. The takeaway: we can finally bugger Jaal.

I read this and upon seeing that Anthem had jetpacks it sunk in that it might be true.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Anthem's gameplay looks highly inspired by Capcom/Sega games of the early 2000's. Gun Valkrye and Lost Planet come to mind and then some Destiny into the mix. The game's gonna sell like crazy and it will probably compete directly with Destiny 2 since one is going to be exclusive to Origin and the other to Steam.

I think it will be interesting to watch. EA and Bungie are very smart with marketing but I'm curious to see what the quality of Anthem will be - given the track record of EA games.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...