213374U

Oh Gods, kill it with fire!

https://s1.webmshare.com/yAvPP.webm

VgWtvvA.gif

(saved this one for future use)

https://gfycat.com/KlutzyImmenseJellyfish

This one is hillarious as well :-D

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Non verbal "My dad is dead. We bang ok?"

Nitpicking this game is probably all the fun I'm going to get out of ME:A since my old computer can't run it. This is a clear Win Win situation for me.

To you people who've played the game, how long after your fathers death is this? To me he sounds about as upset as if he'd dropped a carrot on the floor.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Non verbal "My dad is dead. We bang ok?"

Nitpicking this game is probably all the fun I'm going to get out of ME:A since my old computer can't run it. This is a clear Win Win situation for me.

To you people who've played the game, how long after your fathers death is this? To me he sounds about as upset as if he'd dropped a carrot on the floor.

I can't remember exactly how long, but I would eat my hat (if I wore a hat, that is) if it was longer than 30 minutes. The opening happens so fast and so little of it makes sense that brushing off papa Ryder (heh) was pretty easy to do.

• Like 1

To be fair, there's a big slice of "I barely knew my dad. He was always working/busy/away. Plus half the reason we're out here on Andromeda is because he did something that got his official military career ended in dishonourable discharge and it's part of the surviving family starting fresh" background to it as well.  You do get the mix of options of playing it "I didn't know him" versus "I still loved him"

For the devil's advocate role as well, both the Ryder kids have been hard trained in crisis management/pathfinder apprenticeships in a sense, so doing the whole compartmentalisation and dealing with the immediate problems at hand facing 20,000 people potentially dying in the relative short aftermath of his death isn't too hard a stretch.

Hm, I wouldn't say the opening happens fast or makes little sense, it all pretty flowed in a logical manner (as Space Opera can get).

Just in case anyone might find it too spoilerific:

Alec Ryder gives his life to save whichever Ryder kid you happen to be playing, but in a way that dumps a chunk of non-official Pathfinder stuff on you. You pretty much wake up having expected to die, only to find out you're alive after all, he's dead, and you've suddenly become THE PATHFINDER .  You get the responsibility, the pressure, and then you find out that Murphy's Law has completely screwed over the entire Andromeda Initiative, not just the Human's Ark. So there's a whole lot of whammy dropped on you as the player in the space of a fairly short time.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For what its worth, I actually think Andromeda looks pretty okay. A lot has been made of the animations and not without reason but it isn't much of an issue moment to moment.

I don't like how quickly they dispense with Clancy Brown though. You've got Mr Krabs there - use him!

Edited by Tel Aviv

For what its worth, I actually think Andromeda looks pretty okay. A lot has been made of the animations and not without reason but it isn't much of an issue moment to moment.

I don't like how quickly they dispense with Clancy Brown though. You've got Mr Krabs there - use him!

Think how many potential flashbacks, hidden audio logs, and memory moments could turn up in the rest of the game. I get the feeling there's a lot more Clancy Brown used.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They made it a part of the culture war already. It's like the Ghostbusters reboot. Half the world is pointing the finger going 'look, a woman who is bad at something' she must have gotten her job because of her superior social skills, I feel threatened. 

The other going 'Freeedoooom' I will buy Mass Effect Andromeda and promote equal rights by doing so.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Saw a video comparing the hair physics from Tomb Raider to MEA, and it made me wonder if there actually is any sort of option for it?

Or perhaps the poor facial animations are there to draw away any attention from the fact that the ponytails are covered in polyester resin? :o

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Side effect of stasis, that's all

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"They made it a part of the culture war already. It's like the Ghostbusters reboot. Half the world is pointing the finger going 'look, a woman who is bad at something' she must have gotten her job because of her superior social skills, I feel threatened."

Lie.  People aren't attacking her because she is a 'woman'. Where was the outrage when these same complainers and BIO bashers were attacking male BIO developers? Oh yeah, there was none. But too many SJW Nazis still view women as fragile little babies. Talk about sexism.

Saying a woman sucks at her job is not sexism any more than saying a man sucks at his job is sexism. Nobody shed a tear for that BIO producer who got attacked like a month ago. Nobody whined about the hammering that Gaider got. Nobody goes 'poor little Sawyer getting a mean comment again'.

But, criticize a woman.  OUTRAGE!

LMAO

As for actual topic: L0L nu BIO.

This is the first 'major' BIO game I haven't preordered since BG series (and only because   preordering was not common and I certainly wasn't into it). I might not even get it in its first week of release. So so sad how BIO has crumbled.

ME:A simply does not look that good. At best, it'll be 'playable' and 'funish'. At worst, it could be garbage at the level of the worst crap ever.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Kind of want to get the game just to see how bad it is, based on all this fuss :p

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've watched some Twitch streams and I just can't get over how bad the animations are.  I mean, they're not Morrowind bad, but for 2017 they are AWFUL.  It would be one thing if this came from some obscure little studio working on 1/10th budget, but this is coming from BioWare backed by EA's virtually unlimited resources.  How is it possible it's this bad?

Also, the dialogue I've seen is laughably bad, even by BioWare's standards, not just the dialogue itself, but also the delivery.

The game, as a whole might be good, even great, who knows, but I can't get past how unbelievably bad the production value is.  It's alarmingly bad.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Whoa... the facial and mouth animations are awfulIn some scenes, I think the animations are actually worst than the facial/mouth animations in the first Mass Effect game, which came out ten years ago.

WTF happened to BioWare??  Did BioWare replace everyone who had worked on the old Mass Effect games with new hires straight out of college or something?

EDIT: even the quality of the dialogues and voice acting have regressed from previous Mass Effect games.  WTF happened?!?

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

More or less, yes. The game is not made by BioWare proper (i.e. the Edmonton company), but rather BioWare Montreal, a sub-company formed in 2009 to make crappy DLC. This is their first game. Yes, EA thought that handing over one of its biggest franchises to a brand new developer was actually a good idea.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

They made it a part of the culture war already. It's like the Ghostbusters reboot. Half the world is pointing the finger going 'look, a woman who is bad at something' she must have gotten her job because of her superior social skills, I feel threatened. 

The other going 'Freeedoooom' I will buy Mass Effect Andromeda and promote equal rights by doing so.

FYI, social justice warriors are also angry at Mass Defect: Andromeda for a different reason:

Forget about the culture war.  People should not buy Mass Defect: Andromeda because it is a bad, poorly-made game.  The quality of BioWare games has been in a gradual decline for some years.  Mass Defect: Andromeda is a new lowest point for BioWare games.  People should stop buying BioWare games, but not for any idealogical or cultural reason.  People should boycott BioWare games because we should not encourage BioWare from making worse and worse games.  Customers should not allow BioWare to continue to leverage its brand and past reputation to exploit fan loyalty into buying bad games.

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 2