Advancing "Dream and Memory" and "The Trials of Durance"

I seem to be stumped on both.  To avoid spoilers, I'll just refer to where I'm stuck at by the Journal ID (just look the quests up on the Gamepedia wiki to see which stages the IDs refer to).

Dream and Memory is at Journal ID 20004 while The Trials of Durance is at Journal ID 10003.

All I can find about both is just resting (specifically out in the wilds, not at an inn) but I've been at both of these stages for a good chunk of Act 2 and all of The White March Part 1.  Durance in particular has been in the party the entire time.

Now, two of the things I can ask him about (Magran and the region) are still highlighted like there's other things for him to say, but I've been through both topics top to bottom and can't find anything that I haven't already asked him.

With the notable lack of progress I've been having, I'm worried that I won't finish either quest before the end of the game.  This is the first time I'll actually be finishing the game and I intend for this to be the playthrough I import into Deadfire so I want to try and finish everything I can.

Exhausting all dialogue options and advancing through the critical path of the main game are the two things you need to do if you want to finish Durance's quest.  Check and re-check to make sure you didn't miss parts of his dialogue tree, keeping in mind that PoE sometimes erroneously bolds options you've already exhausted and un-bolds options you haven't.  Unfortunately nothing in the White March advances the critical path of the main game and I think you have to reach a certain point in Act 3 before you can wrap up Durance's quest. 

GM on the other hand you can complete (IIRC) simply by resting at Caed Nua.  But with her even more than Durance, PoE's wonky bolding and unbolding mechanic can mean you've missed conversation options that are necessary to move things along.  There's also one point where you have to correctly describe a dream to her, without which the quest won't progress further. 

Exhausting all dialogue options and advancing through the critical path of the main game are the two things you need to do if you want to finish Durance's quest.  Check and re-check to make sure you didn't miss parts of his dialogue tree, keeping in mind that PoE sometimes erroneously bolds options you've already exhausted and un-bolds options you haven't.  Unfortunately nothing in the White March advances the critical path of the main game and I think you have to reach a certain point in Act 3 before you can wrap up Durance's quest. 

GM on the other hand you can complete (IIRC) simply by resting at Caed Nua.  But with her even more than Durance, PoE's wonky bolding and unbolding mechanic can mean you've missed conversation options that are necessary to move things along.  There's also one point where you have to correctly describe a dream to her, without which the quest won't progress further. 

Ugh, they couldn't just make it simple and straightforward, could they?  I described one dream to Grieving Mother and I think I got it right.  I know I wouldn't have lied to her.  I'd ask for more details on which dream description you're referring to, but this is a no spoilers forum.

Not that it has much to do with the price of tea in China, but I do find it funny that the two quests people most often complain about are related to the characters that Chris Avellone wrote (and the resolution to both is to keep the characters in your party and talk to them a lot).

The first part of Durance's quest appears to unlock after you've rested with him in your party a certain number of times. After that, there's nothing more to be done until Act III. Then rest with him in your party some more.

Same goes for Grieving Mother, however there is no Act III requirement (so far as I can tell), and you have to talk to her more.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."