Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

If I'm from the Deadfire Archipelago, *and* I'm an escaped slave, how screwed am I?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Quillon

Quillon

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Considering what you've done between your escape and arrival, I don't think that many people would be eager to cross you.

Yeah, more like "how screwed the Slavers?", dat watcher would end slavery across the archipelago.

• Karkarov likes this

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
That all depends on you, what have you learned from Dyrewood, what skills have you picked up, and what friends have you made? ;)

Katarack21

Katarack21

Chief Eldritch Abomination of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2355 posts
  • Steam:Katarack21
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Considering what you've done between your escape and arrival, I don't think that many people would be eager to cross you.

Yeah, more like "how screwed the Slavers?", dat watcher would end slavery across the archipelago.

Not back at level 1, we won't. :)

Gromnir

Gromnir

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7134 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

This is an important question, not just for lore and background but because it could legitimately be made much more difficult for characters with this specific background if the developers chose.

you are likely "screwed" in the same way we all will be regardless o' background choices.  chances are the backgrounds will be o' similar importance in poe2 as they were in poe1.  sure, we expect improvements regarding deadfire's reactivity when compared to poe, but not enough to genuine alter gameplay. if you are expecting significance, you will indeed be screwed-- just opposite o' how you might believe.  won't be a matter o' too much reactivity, but too little. the absence o' meaningful impact resulting from character development choicess will be the cause o' disappointment and disquiet.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir, 26 March 2017 - 05:08 PM.

• Karkarov likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users