Well, ZF doesn't completely suppress the effects of Blessing. The acc does get suppressed but I remembered the +10% dmg part still goes through. So theres still some merit in using both at the same time.

Gallant Focus on the other hand will get completely suppressed by Blessing.

I really hope Obsidian would clearly highlight the effects and what stacks in Deadfire. These were really bad put out as a game desgin. Btw, how about Devotions of the Faithful? Does it suppress Paladin's ZF? Also, are there going to be an upgrade to ZF? Like Empowered ZF or something like that.

Now that i know Bless is useless, i'll cast something else. Do we have a list of what stacks and what not?

Bless is not so useless if you use it with ZF, +10% dmg still works. You can see the list of suppressed effects in your character's sheet during the combat.

Devotions for the Faithful add +20 melee/ranged accuracy, it's not +acc to everything, so these effects should stack, 'cause they are just different, not the same. The same effects from the same sources suppress each other, otherwise they stack. For example, +stats from spells and invocations suppress each other, but +stats from clothes/weapons/spells/resting/whores/talents stack.

BTW, I use Bless together with Zealous Endurance and Armor of Faith together with Zealous Focus. Armor of Faith will suppress +3 DR by ZE but not aura's Hit->Graze conversion.

ACC bonuses that stack: Inspiring Radiance, Devotions, Crowns (through bonus PER), marking, Coordinated Attacks, Inspiring Exhortation, Tactical Meld, Reckless Assault, Vicious Aim, survival bonus, one handed weapon use... and maybe more. Those stack with each other and with Zealous Focus or Blessing or Disciplined Barrage or Eldritch Aim...

Most important for me is Radiance + Devotions and marking + Coordinated Attacks.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 years later...

Sorry to put out a two years old post, but I'm trying this build just now, and I wonder what kind of weapon I should use.

Also, and this is magic user related and not only for priests, the priest has the same issue than all magic users, means a given number of spells per rest right? Means, if we do not want to go back to town after each fight, we have to choose for which fight we will use our spells, and for easier fights we should avoid using them and just hit with our weapon? Like a melee guy?

Thanks

You don't have to go back to town, you can camp in the wilderness pretty much everywhere (except in towns where you need to go to the inn).

Priests can achieve the same accuracy with certain weapons as fighters can so using a weapon is a valid option. You can look up the "preferred" weapon of every priest. It's a talent that gives them +10 ACC with certain weapons. E.g. Priest of Breath can use a Great Sword or a Mace to good effect. Note that all summoned and soulbound weapons are universal. That means they don't belong to a certain weapons focus group and also work with those priest talents, even if they are not a great sword, mace etc.

Also read my answer to your other post - the one you made with the same question basically.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods