Active party members on Ebon Hawk

So in KotOR 2, will everybody on the Ebon Hawk be moving around or sitting there doing stuff, or just standing there like zombies like in the first game? :blink: Have it like the Star Trek Elite Force games where NPCs would be sitting at consoles doing stuff and then get up to talk to you, moving around talking to each other, etc. It'd be more realistic <_<

The crew should move around a bit. As long as they don't move too far I see no problem. No one likes searching for NPCs but I hate zombies too. The way they stood there doing nothing, that was an immersion killer.

Or you could have some sort of radio system or loudspeakers where you summon them to where you are. Kinda like the party switching while in the middle of the world away from the Ebon Hawk. That way they could be carrying out tasks all over the ship, but you wouldn't have to hunt them down because you just push a little button, and they come to you. :blink:

Why not just compromise. Make the NPCs appear to be doing things. Mainly fiddling with consoles but not moving all over the ship. And of course droids can stand there like zombies.

You know what would be hilarious is if the droids stood next to a wall, and had a retractable electrical cord extending out of somewheres plugged into the wall and 'recharging'. :blink:

But whatever, I wouldn't exactly be upset if they left it like it was in the first one, but it would be cool if they were doing stuff. I'm mainly indifferent, I was just trying to point out that even if they are going all over the ship doing stuff, it doesn't neccessarily mean you'll be hunting them down. :p

lol

People make it sound like those NPC's would be running around the ship and hard to keep up with. It would be nice if they would do something tho. I mean standing in a corner while travelling from planet to planet sure stiffens the legs a bit. Let them sit. Mess with computers. repair weapons. mess with the engine. sit in the sleepquarters.

lol

People make it sound like those NPC's would be running around the ship and hard to keep up with. It would be nice if they would do something tho. I mean standing in a corner while travelling from planet to planet sure stiffens the legs a bit. Let them sit. Mess with computers. repair weapons. mess with the engine. sit in the sleepquarters.

yea, but would require me to run around to find one, while not terrible, it would be kinda annoying.

why should you run to them to talk if you could also use the ships internal com? you could do something like "t3- i need you in the engine room" and the little bugger would come along to talk to you.

keeping them rooted seems a bit dull.

EDIT: whoooops!!! i missed servant of erus post. sorry dude- two guys having the same idea... (agh- wish i could delete this post)

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

Anything worth saying is worth saying twice.

Agreed

Agreed.

As an example, it would be cool to go back to the Swoop Bike storage area and see Canderous tinkering away at it. Or Carth sitting in the front of the ship, T3 making minor repairs to HK-47, Mission practicing her Pazaak skills.....nifty, immersive stuff like that.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

-A character polishing their blaster with a glint in their eye is a must ;) HK-47 would have been a great candidate for that in KotOR.

-Practicing spinning a blaster in hand is another (you could have the NPC drop the blaster a few times at the beginning and as the game progresses you see him get better and better, that would be a nice touch).

-Using a small group of NPC's playing Pazaak around a table (which could possibly reuse the same animations of playing for different NPCs playing against each other at different times) with the occasional voice track of one guy loosing or the winner saying friendly things like "hand over the credits nerf herder".

-And a throw back to Jedi Knight's "shaving with a lightsaber" idle animation would be most excellent :D

I guess those are unlikely to happen but I think if they could do a few generic animations for some of the different skeleton types and so could use them on more than just one NPC then perhaps apply them randomly even that would be nice ...

Things like this would be very nice but if they always only did one set thing I think I almost wouldn't care if they just stood there staring into nothingness like in KotOR.