Every time I play this game it's always him, he does the most damage, becomes the most powerful (cause I never play wizards) and when I think about it him and Iselmyr and his ties to the Leaden Key he has one of the most interesting stories, stuffy annoying pompous attitude aside, its always been him. 

I love you Aloth. <3

PS you too Matt Mercer. 

He has a well balanced attribute spread. You can play him as melee wizard, ranged blast wizard - whatever. Everything works just fine with him.

Well, he has low PER, average INT (for a wizard I expect at least 17-18) and crappy MIG. He's a wood elf which is nice but he should have better stats like 8 RES, better INT & PER & MIG. I agree with you, he's playable but when you play with your own wizard you see the huge difference between well made one and him. In the end what matters on a wizard are disables and this task is well performed by Aloth. But I think I simply hate him :)

Edited by indika_tates

... but when you play with your own wizard you see the huge difference between well made one and him.

I have that problem with Durance. Play a Priest with high Dexterity, and going back to playing Durance is painful.

Same, and Aloth's lackings still are overshadowed by amazing wizard spells. 

Same, and Aloth's lackings still are overshadowed by amazing wizard spells. 

Oh I totally agree. Aloth is much less noticeably suboptimal in that regard (thanks to the wonders of Deleterious Alacrity of Motion) and since both Wizards and Priests are so powerful, it's really not the end of the world.

Every time I play Aloth goes to the pit.

You brute.

I agree with you OP! Well, I often play wizards, so Aloth tends to be redundant, but I love his personality(s). Anyone who says differently is a coxfither who's itching for the kindling touch of his sister!