Since the paralysis caused by lagufaeths is considered poison/disease I was wondering (I don't have PoE installed anymore) if it was possible to combine Fenwalkers and the Sun-Touched Mail of Hyran Rath (or the Rotward Amulet) to nullify the effect.

It should also be possible to stack items with resistance to paralysis and items with resistance to poison and completely resist the effect (I think it's possible to get Iverra's Helmet from a stronghold adventure before going to White March)

Edited by Kaylon

Yes, I tried that in my Bilestomper wizard build. Another key item is Wodewys, because its boost to poison defenses stacks with everything. But that's deep in WM I. And of course you can also stack Hale and Hardy, but you will be stuck to that obviously.

p.s.: You can also get Fenwalkers from Morug the Craig Ogre (he wil be there as a merchant in front of the cave if you don't kill the Craig Ogres inside the cave and choose a peaceful solution). So you can actually get Fenwalkers twice.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, I tried that in my Bilestomper wizard build. Another key item is Wodewys, because its boost to poison defenses stacks with everything. But that's deep in WM I. And of course you can also stack Hale and Hardy, but you will be stuck to that obviously.

p.s.: You can also get Fenwalkers from Morug the Craig Ogre (he wil be there as a merchant in front of the cave if you don't kill the Craig Ogres inside the cave and choose a peaceful solution). So you can actually get Fenwalkers twice.

Besides sneaking past the inside ogres (you still kill the outside ones right?) there's some stat checks to do this iirc?

Besides sneaking past the inside ogres (you still kill the outside ones right?) there's some stat checks to do this iirc?

I don't think there's any attribute check to do this, or at least I've done it with every character I've taken through the White March, and their attributes have varied quite a lot.

I got the shop in my most recent playthrough, and I'm 90% certain that I killed some ogres in the cave.

Well the only time I killed any ogres I killed all the ogres apart from the ones in the Matron's room. Perhaps you're allowed to kill a few?

This was also my first ever playthrough of the White March, so perhaps a patch changed things.

The last time I ran this quest I killed the outside Ogres (who really can't be avoided, I think), but didn't kill any inside, and I got the shop. I think it's the one's inside who count. I don't know if you can kill a few and still get the shop. But it's easy enough to sneak to the ice chute (and grab Golden Gaze on your way down if you can), kill the Lagufaeth, and then climb up the stairs to the Matron's room and resolve things peacefully. Then you can leave and buy the Tempered Helm, and score a second one in the mines under Durgan's Battery.

You will miss some stuff in the Ogre caves which you can't loot then without very high stealth, but you will get the shop. Fenwalkers are really good, so which approach is better for you depends on what you want for your character(s).

• 3 weeks later...

I found the answers myself  ;) The Immune Boost enchantment reduces only the tick rate of poison/disease and has no effect on paralysis. Items with defense against paralysis/poison stack against blowgun's effect. Grazes are completely nullified by the duration reduction of Fenwalkers.

Of course this eliminates only the paralysis effect, but you still take damage... The best counter remains Aila Braccia + high deflection (+ ranged deflection).

I also had the impression that when I put Fenwalkers + Suntouched Mail on Pallegina in my current run the poison tick rate thingy had no effect at all when you get hit by blowguns. I wanted to run some more tests but what you say confirms my suspicion. I didn not test if Fenwalkers and Potion of Major Recovery stack though. I guess not. The potion doesn't stack with Break Out (like on Blaidh Golan).