I am a Fig backer and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade your Fig pledge.

I've tried looking on the Fig website multiple times but can't find any option to do it.

I know there is a slacker backer option available, but from my understanding that is only possible if you haven't pledged yet.

I'm mainly looking for options to pay for extra addons of my pledge, like beta test , DLCs, obsidian shirt, cookbook, etc.

Is this still possible?

Edited by zimcub
  • Like 1

It will be possible to do it once our pledges have been transferred to the backer portal, a few days from now. A little tip: when you're wondering something try searching in the comments section, that question has been answered there multiple times so you would have found it :)

Edit: Katarack21, don't tell me you've been wondering that too? I see you on this forum all the time! (Saying that because you liked the above post)

Edited by Pinsalinj
  • Like 1

It will be possible to do it once our pledges have been transferred to the backer portal, a few days from now. A little tip: when you're wondering something try searching in the comments section, that question has been answered there multiple times so you would have found it :)

Edit: Katarack21, don't tell me you've been wondering that too? I see you on this forum all the time! (Saying that because you liked the above post)

I guess I assumed as much, but I hoped to contribute some money to the higher backer goals. I don't know how long those will remain open and I'm worried that maybe that will close before you can upgrade your pledge on the Obsidian website. As far as I know the goals will remain only as long as slacker backer remains open.

I just think it's a good idea to have the question out there and an answer near the top in the upcoming days. I went ahead and bought the DLC add on on the backer portal before the porting. Feargus told me over on the Fig comments that it shouldn't be a problem, but I figure what the hell, if it is it's their problem to solve. :-D

Edited by Katarack21

I guess I assumed as much, but I hoped to contribute some money to the higher backer goals. I don't know how long those will remain open and I'm worried that maybe that will close before you can upgrade your pledge on the Obsidian website. As far as I know the goals will remain only as long as slacker backer remains open.

Don't worry, we have 40+ days left to back the game and the pledges will be transferred way before that!

• Like 3

Do we know if we can upgrade our pledges AFTER April 25th? I had to downgrade before the campaign ended and want to up it to the collectors edition + mini figures, but may not have the funds before May.

You certainly can. 25th April is just the cut-off date past which pledges won't count toward stretch goals any longer.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 1 year later...

You certainly can. 25th April is just the cut-off date past which pledges won't count toward stretch goals any longer.

Sorry to necro the tread, but is it still possible to upgrade my Fig pledge? I am logged into the backer portal and I can see where to buy add-ons, but not any way to upgrade from the basic to deluxe tier, for example. Maybe because keys were already given out? I'm mainly interested in the digital guide, though I wouldn't object to the extra in-game items if there were a way to upgrade to all the deluxe content. But only the guidebook for the first game is listed under add-ons.

I was able to get into the beta updating it a few days ago, so I'd think you'd be able to as well!

That's good news - would you be able to point me to where/how you did this?

Through the backer portal at https://eternity.obsidian.net/backer/pledges ?  I might just be missing something obvious, but beta access is listed as an "Add-on", while the digital strategy guide (Vol 2) is not :(

I was contacted by the community manager and they are able to upgrade my pledge manually. Yay!

Edited by Philomorph