Yes, Torment's Reach is still a great ability for monks, but since they fixed it (in 3.05, I think), you no longer get those insane chain reaction procs that can just explode along a line of foes.

Was that the bug where each enemy hit with Torment's Reach also generated their own Torment's Reach cone? That bug was great  :biggrin:

The other Monk bug I miss was the one where each time you retrained, you kept your Transcendent Suffering bonuses and then got them again when you regained the ability, so you could stack huge Transcendent Suffering bonuses by retraining multiple times.

Edited by JerekKruger

Hmm... I assume it no longer procs both and hence is not insane anymore :(

No, it procs both (as far as I know - last time I tested with v. 3.04 it did). And that's insane. ;)

It used to be so and I don't think it got changed. But I can't say for sure because they also patched some other stuff secretly - like Envenomed Strike + Blast not working anymore and so on. So maybe TR+Barricade also got affected by this nerf, but I didn't test.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 8 months later...

Hmm... I assume it no longer procs both and hence is not insane anymore :(

No, it procs both (as far as I know - last time I tested with v. 3.04 it did). And that's insane. ;)

It used to be so and I don't think it got changed. But I can't say for sure because they also patched some other stuff secretly - like Envenomed Strike + Blast not working anymore and so on. So maybe TR+Barricade also got affected by this nerf, but I didn't test.

Had the chance to test if Torments still proc on crit effects yet? Reading this thread made me really hyped about trying a monk and play around with spellstrikes and on crit effects, reaching the end of this thread felt really disappointing =/

• Like 1

I don't think it got changed, so I believe it still works.

What stops you from testing it yourself?

Load a savegame with a monk, open the console (look up the key command in the game options), type "iroll20s" --> "addexperiencetolevel 16" --> "additem war_hammer_godansthunyr 2" (without quotation marks - you have to reopen the console after each command because it will close automatically).

Then level the monk with Torment's Reach, give him the two hammers and do some encounter. If the stun procs off of the cone of Torment's Reach then it still works.

For example type "unlockallmaps" and go to Yenwood Field - there will be plenty of enemies. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't think it got schanged, so I believe it still works.

Load a savegame with a monk, open the console (look up the key command in the game options), type "iroll20s" --> "addexperiencetolevel 16" --> "additem war_hammer_godansthunyr 2" (without quotation marks - you have to reopen the console after each command because it will close automatically).

Then level the monk with Torment's Reach, give him the two hammers and do some encounter. If the stun procs off of the cone of Torment's Reach then it still works.

For example type "unlockallmaps" and go to Yenwood Field - there will be plenty of enemies. ;)

Cant use console commands because i'm playing it on Xbox and i have no savegame with a monk, so testing it would take me far longer then asking the question on forum :)

I don't think it got schanged, so I believe it still works.

I lvled a monk to 4 and bought the Stiletto with Jolting touch proc on it to test it. Took ruffian weapon focus and wielded only the stiletto for extra accuracy. Tormets Reach does'nt seem to take advantage of any of that? My accuracy is skyhigh for my lvl yet it grazes just as much as it hits and getting a crit with it seems insaley rare. During my 10min of fighting a big grp of Xaurips over and over again i did make it crit twice, it seems like it only procs if i crit my primary target. Because on my first crit it didnt go off but on my second crit it did. It is highly inconvenient to test things on the xbox so if anyone on PC would like to confirm this id be very grateful.