Where can we find all the companion small talk? Their in-town dialogues.

Well, I know I am missing a lot of fun there. I don't change companions all the time in my party, so I am sure I am missing a lot of their interactions, while some others get repeated again and again for some reason, like the one of Sagani and the Devil of Caroc, about snares. I also think there are different interactions based on different pets, Sagani keeps telling her fox not to bother the cat... :) As you can see, I am curious of the rest of these interactions, where can I find them? Has anyone found them already in the game's files?

You could read the text files...

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\localized\en\text

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1\localized\en\text

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\_expansion1localized\en\text

Or try to read the files with the quest editor:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79976-preview-pillars-of-eternity-quest-editor/

• Like 2

You could read the text files...

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\localized\en\text

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data_expansion1\localized\en\text

Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\_expansion1localized\en\text

Or try to read the files with the quest editor:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79976-preview-pillars-of-eternity-quest-editor/

That's great, I'll check it out. Do you think the quest editor would include the text I requested, or just quest dialogues? I had a look but I did not use it yet... Anyway, now I have some guidelines! :)

Ok, there is a lot in the data files, but if you guys are looking just for the idle chit chat between companions like I was, the keyword is BANTER. Yeah, every file that contains this word will contain endless banter between the companions, fun times! Sometimes I have trouble recognizing who is supposed to be talking though. Anyway, just open them with the notepad and enjoy!

• Like 1

If you use notepad++ you can try to paste the following beneath the ---- into a transform.xsl file..

Install the xml tools in nodepad++

Load a *.stringtable file with the conversations

Then choose plugins->xml tools-> XSL Transformation. Load the file transform.xsl and press transform. :)

-----

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"><xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>  <xsl:template match="/">    <xsl:for-each select="/StringTableFile/Entries/Entry">      <xsl:value-of select="DefaultText" />      <xsl:text>
</xsl:text>      <xsl:value-of select="FemaleText" />      <xsl:text>
</xsl:text>    </xsl:for-each>  </xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>
Edited by Aurelio

Just extracts the whole text and removes the xml tags. Might be a bit easier to read.

It transforms

<Entry>
      <ID>1</ID>
      <DefaultText>"So Aloth... I've been wondering. Have you and Iselmyr ever tried to... you know..."</DefaultText>
      <FemaleText />
    </Entry>

to:

"So Aloth... I've been wondering. Have you and Iselmyr ever tried to... you know..."

Edited by Aurelio

Just extracts the whole text and removes the xml tags. Might be a bit easier to read.

It transforms

<Entry>

<ID>1</ID>

<DefaultText>"So Aloth... I've been wondering. Have you and Iselmyr ever tried to... you know..."</DefaultText>

<FemaleText />

</Entry>

to:

"So Aloth... I've been wondering. Have you and Iselmyr ever tried to... you know..."

Aaah, thanks, it's great, but I already read more than half of them, it's not a problem hehe.

And something I should mention, you can find all the dialogues in ogg vorbis format also, if you want to listen to them.

Edited by 613 The Evil