cant enchant it with exceptional later? Marking, Coordinated and then enchanting it with exceptional and shock damage.

- Yes. Exceptional + Shock it 6 of 14. Coordinating it 2. Marking it 2 too. 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 of 14. You can make this spear Legendary in WM2 ( 8 + 2 + 2 + 2).

Picking the exceptional option at creation time is actually a very bad pick. Like Khagmas and JerekKruger said you can enchant it later with any quality you like.

Based on your character build there are usually three ways how Cladhaliath can be enchanted for best performance:

- Stunning + Vicious: mostly for barbs who want to stun in an AoE and then deal a bit more damage. Works really well with Apprentice's Sneak and especially One Handed Style because you will have +12 ACC + hit to crit conversion as well as the +5 ACC that all spears have.

- Stunning + Coordinating: mostly for rogues who flank. It will lead to good damage and a very high chance to crit (65% hit-to-crit conversion, +21 ACC bonus) if you use it single-handedly. ONce the target is stunned it will nearly always be perma-stunned.

- Marking + Coordinating: mostly for builds that want to flank and give huge ACC to others while also gaining a bit of damage for themselves - like a ranger with focus on pet damage or a paladin with Coordinated Attacks or a priest with Inspiring Radiance and Devotions. If you also use Shame or Glory and dual wield it with a marking Cladhaliath the marking enchantments will actually stack and you will give stackable +20 ACC just with marking. One example: a Darcozzi Paladin with Inspiring Exhortation can give the equivalent of +50 ACC to a single ally with whom he flanks enemies: +10 Insp. Ex. + 10 marking + 10 marking + 10 Coordinated Attacks + 10 flanking (actually -10 defense for the enemy). Setups like this make it very easy to disable and kill dragons and other tough enemies.

- I can also imagine a Draining + Valiant combo for Fire Godlikes, but this is a very special and not too powerful appliance I guess.

Edit: @Khagmas: the link that you accidantially posted as your steam name messes up the forum. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Edit: @Khagmas: the link that you accidantially posted as your steam name messes up the forum. ;)

Okay. :(

On the Gamepedia is no information on the power of enchantment (Also on the pages with in-game items there is no such information.), I propose by joint efforts to correct this misunderstanding!

P.S: I apologize for my nightmarish English. I'm Russian...

Praise the Sun! ;)

• Like 2

You know, I've never used Stormcaller on a Chanter (it's just so good on Rangers). I had to look up what spell it procs on hits/crits and it's one with a push effect. I could imagine that being annoying if you don't micro your Chanter carefully i.e. you set him shooting, the spell procs and then he chases the enemy to get back in range and suddenly finds himself in a bad position.

I've never used stormcaller period! I like that it uses any weapon prof however and I can't see a chanter using the scepter. And twin stings comes so late. 

Edit, this is for backup when I can't get into a safe flanking melee position with Cladhaliath. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

I agree I should but I just am one of those players that dislikes late bloomers and passive auto attacking playstyles. Also not a fan of too much ranged, resting often and paper cannons, I know, VERY limiting and hard to please. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

Actually, about the only thing you mentioned that really applies to rangers is the auto-attacking bit. They're practically disqualified from late bloomer status just by virtue of having a pet. Plus, the abilities and talents that buff your furry friend are strong enough that you don't even really have to truly pick sides between melee and ranged styles until level 7 when Driving Flight becomes available and even then it isn't a bad idea to have a weapon swap dedicated to sword 'n' board or smashing single targets with a fancy 2 hander. Heck, even in terms of attributes the biggest difference between a melee ranger and a stormcaller ranger is that the former may be more interested in throwing some points at Constitution or Resolve, but even that isn't terribly necessary because while Rangers have crappy Endurance their Health pools are still just barely decent enough that you can usually get by with some pet tanking, emergency potions or opting for Shod-In-AoE-Heals. The part where rangers get a sweet ass bow and start electrocuting people to death is absolutely hilarious but not strictly necessary.

Edited by Whipstitch