Special ship crew - not only kith but... others also

Congrats Obsidian for reaching 4,5 mln stretch goal!

How about having some weird crew - not only the kith folk (men, elves, dwarfs, aumaua and so on), but others, like ogres for example? And please, can I have my ol' pal Kograk with me on the ship? It would be AWESOME!

• Like 6

The owls are not what they seem.

Korgrak is gonna tip over the sloop and eat all the piggies. Both are unacceptable. Plus, I don't know how effective flogging him will be. Can't maintain proper discipline if the threat of a good flogging is abated.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

the crew will be a collection o' girls.  there will be cat girls and demon girls and robot girls.  one  implausibly buxom lass will inexplicably be dressed in a maid costume.  another will favor a curious fusion o' elizabethan era garb + miniskirts.  the crew will be amazing competent save for boss battles.  when confronted by a boss-level foe, the crew will theatric stretch out combat as long as possible while the Deus-Ex Cannon powers. at least one crew member will proclaim their love for the captain during these battles, which will give the cannon, a weapon powered by love and song and friendship, just enough charge to wipe out the enemy in a single dramatic volley.

don't blame Gromnir.  obsidian started it.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 9

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the crew will be a collection o' girls.  there will be cat girls and demon girls and robot girls.  one  implausibly buxom lass will inexplicably be dressed in a maid costume.  another will favor a curious fusion o' elizabethan era garb + miniskirts.  the crew will be amazing competent save for boss battles.  when confronted by a boss-level foe, the crew will theatric stretch out combat as long as possible while the Deus-Ex Cannon powers. at least one crew member will proclaim their love for the captain during these battles, which will give the cannon, a weapon powered by love and song and friendship, just enough charge to wipe out the enemy in a single dramatic volley.

HA! Good Fun!

Don't forget monster girls. Harpies, lamias, slimes and mermaids, of course. But no catgirls. Eora has stelgaergirls.

sign.jpg

HA! Good Fun!

Obsidian did a character sketch. Gromnir now has an anime-sized chip on his shoulder. I think its clear where the blame should lie.

Pretty sure Korgrak will sink the boat, but I'm open to other weirdos.

• Like 3

Obsidian did a character sketch. Gromnir now has an anime-sized chip on his shoulder. I think its clear where the blame should lie.

Sink the ship? Do you know how much sugar, coffee and tobacco were transported by those very ships back in the 16 century? Those ships could hold at least 10 Korgraks - but I don't think that would be a great idea -, or are you talking about his... emotional behaviors?

Edited by molotov.

Sink the ship? Do you know how much sugar, coffee and tobacco were transported by those very ships back in the 16 century? Those ships could hold at least 10 Korgraks... but I don't know if that would be a good idea.

In the cargo hold yeah, but not so much up on deck and fighting :p

A monster crew would be cool nonetheless. Imprisoning the Vithrack and having Korgrak made me think of having monster hirelings at Caed Nua and getting a reputation for it.

Would be fun and oddball gimmicky.

Sink the ship? Do you know how much sugar, coffee and tobacco were transported by those very ships back in the 16 century? Those ships could hold at least 10 Korgraks - but I don't think that would be a great idea -, or are you talking about his... emotional behaviors?

I suppose if you put it that way. But in the screenshot that was released, the ship didn't seem particularly large. I guess I just can't help but feel that a character of Korgrak's size might look a touch unnatural on deck. Maybe if you upgraded to a bigger ship first.

HA! Good Fun!

At the very least demons and robots will have enough strength to make things done, I don’t see any problems with this plan :devil:

And we already have song-powered magic with Chanters, mix love & friendship with some soul-stuff and we are good to go :biggrin:I though Edér is powered by friendship already.

Pillars of Bugothas

I though Edér is powered by friendship already.

He's the Power of Friendship personified!

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams