Kyra's healing ability bug

Kellinka16

Question

Anyone else having trouble with Lyra healing herself using her ability? It asks me to discard the necessary card, I roll the dice for healing which for me is a d4+3 and then it asks if I want to draw a card with the ability or not. But I never heal! This means I'm actually just damaging myself more by discarding a card for no reason. Is this a known issue or a new one?

9 answers to this question

Anyone else having trouble with Lyra healing herself using her ability? It asks me to discard the necessary card, I roll the dice for healing which for me is a d4+3 and then it asks if I want to draw a card with the ability or not. But I never heal! This means I'm actually just damaging myself more by discarding a card for no reason. Is this a known issue or a new one?

It's part of a known issue for all forms of healing. I forget if the community nailed down a specific cause yet, but sometimes healing just stops working until restart the app/scenario.  :(

Last I knew, all of the healing powers and cards usually work just fine.  However, there is some unknown player behavior that somehow breaks all abilities to move cards from your discard pile to your deck.  I think the most recent theory was that certain "off-turn" actions like having background characters use their healing abilities or other spells might be a cause.  

Fortunately, the bug doesn't wreck your game save or anything.  The worst-case is that you'll have to forfeit or play through the scenario without healing abilities.

It's part of a known issue for all forms of healing. I forget if the community nailed down a specific cause yet, but sometimes healing just stops working until restart the app/scenario.   :(

Last I knew, all of the healing powers and cards usually work just fine.  However, there is some unknown player behavior that somehow breaks all abilities to move cards from your discard pile to your deck.  I think the most recent theory was that certain "off-turn" actions like having background characters use their healing abilities or other spells might be a cause.  

Fortunately, the bug doesn't wreck your game save or anything.  The worst-case is that you'll have to forfeit or play through the scenario without healing abilities.

What about Kyra's Purge Undead trait?  Are we ever gonna see that work?

Just to confirm, Purge Undead works fine, and probably has for quite some time.

Blasted away a Zombie Minion with Holy Light (not Mokmurian's Club), and the following buttons popped up to let me heal back a card.  You can even see that the "On Defeat Heal" power is activated on the left side of the screen.

gVY39rNl.png

Ok - mine does not work.  I've just tested it, and can provide pictures.  I can get the Outsider variation to work, but not the Undead variation.  

So, something is clearly wrong still with it

Ok, here are pictures (I ended up making them into a single quad chart style picture)

I was playing Undead Uprising on Legendary (I got fortified position and Blood in the Sand as the wildcards)

First picture (upper left) is my Kyra build - you can see I have selected Purge Undead power for Kyra

Next picture (upper right) - I encounter a Plague Zombie with Kyra, and plan to attack it with my slaying ax (note that I have 1 card in my discard pile)

Next picture (lower left) - I am forced to encounter a Zombie minion, which again I use my slaying ax (note that I still have 1 card in my discard pile)

Final picture (lower right) - I have eliminated both zombies, but I STILL have 1 card in my discard pile.  

In short, it doesn't seem to work for my Kyra.  I've seen it work for enemies with the outsider trait, but not undead

post-163397-0-66154300-1488900484_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferrisvalyn
  • Like 1

Huh.  For the record, the Kyra I was using only has the Purge Undead power, not the Purge Outsider upgrade.

How much you want to bet that Purge Outsider is "overriding" Purge Undead?  

I don't recall exactly where else we've encountered this, but I swear there have been other examples where the "superior" power was flaky, and was replacing instead of extending the earlier ability.

• Like 2

Huh.  For the record, the Kyra I was using only has the Purge Undead power, not the Purge Outsider upgrade.

How much you want to bet that Purge Outsider is "overriding" Purge Undead?  

I don't recall exactly where else we've encountered this, but I swear there have been other examples where the "superior" power was flaky, and was replacing instead of extending the earlier ability.

That would seem a likely place for the problem to occur.  

Hopefully the Obsidian team will find this and fix it

• Like 1