Pathfinder isometric RPG ?

Hynkel

It's been said many times that Obsidian can't make a new Baldur's Gate since this requires an agreement with Hasbro-Wizards.

However, Obsidian did release an officially licensed Pathfinder card game. Pathfinder is based off DnD 3.5, a much better ruleset than the old clunky DnD 2 ruleset used for most infinity engine games.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has there been discussions about the opportunity of making a pathfinder C-RPG ?

The CEO of paizo more than hinted when obsidian and paizo got together for the card game that an "pathfinder" RPGs would love to be in the works.

That's basically the only information I've found as to weather one would be done or not etc.

There was also that player poll a couple of months back that strongly hinted towards one being in the works, or at least to the idea of one being in the air. We'll have to wait and see, but here's hoping!

+1

Been beating the drums pretty hard for this myself.

This would be absolutely fab!

And yes, that Obsid survey asked us a lot about the concept of a Pathfinder RPG.

Given that the amazing PoE2 already is in the works, this would just be too good to be true.

Fingers crossed and hail Mary.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'd love a Pathfinder traditional RPG - isometric or otherwise.

I confess I'd also probably enjoy a Pathfinder Action RPG that allowed you to play the Iconic characters in a game like an updated BG: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath or Dungeon Siege III type as well (but I understand not everyone likes action RPGs).

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I confess I'd also probably enjoy a Pathfinder Action RPG that allowed you to play the Iconic characters in a game like an updated BG: Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath or Dungeon Siege III type as well (but I understand not everyone likes action RPGs).

What about a Pathfinder dating sim set in a wizard academy?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not a genre I'm really into, so gameplay would have to sell me on it. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Let me pursue a grippli, ghoran, wyrwood,drider, or astomoi I'm down. If we are doin this lets make it freakin weird. FROG PEOPLE FOR EVERYONE!

To be fair, those Changelings have to come from somewhere...