Monk's Clarity of Agony (soloing on POTD with permadeath):

- Is it good? Or take something else?

- How to get it work right? (I know: click on it during fight, but how to make it right?).

- So far, I tested it only while perma-stuck from Swamp Lurkers - and the duration from stuck goes UP from few seconds (like 5) to over 20 seconds. A bug? Edit: Tested again: this feat increases the duration off being stuck significantly. BUG!

Torin

Edited by Torin

I ran through most of PotD solo with a monk (one day I'll wrap it up, but life got in the way and I'd rather just start a new run right now), and I've used monks in regular party play too. My observation with Clarity is that most of its use is as an emergency escape button. If you're playing a full party, you probably have a paladin or a priest who can do anti-CC duty (and enemy CC normally isn't as dangerous with a full party anyway), so you can normally safely skip it imo. Monks have no shortage of tasty abilities, so unless you're dead set on having a very defensive monk, I'd go for something else most of the time.

That said, Clarity does have niche utility, but it's mostly of interest to soloers or party monks who spend most of their time behind enemy lines targeting casters (combo with Long Stride and Flagellant's Path). If you have high defences/Res, the enemies are probably just grazing you most of the time, so even dumped Int is fine to make CC quickly expire.

re your bug, I don't recall seeing it myself, or maybe I just didn't notice. Maybe report it if you haven't already, though I don't know if there are any more patches forthcoming.

Clarity does have other buggy problems I found. One particularly irksome one was that if you tell your monk to, say, Torment's Reach, but before your monk has executed the ability you change the order to Clarity... the monk will do neither and just stand there doing nothing. I haven't run into this problem with anything else, so it seems to be a bug with Clarity. Buyer beware.

tldr I don't regret using it on my solo run exactly; it made some tough fights go more smoothly, but there are issues with using it. If you're content to reload when fights go against you anyway, then Clarity loses even its niche use. If you're playing with permadeath though, I'd say it's worth it. You really don't want to die due to CC you could have escaped with Clarity. I'd make sure you practice with it first before doing a permadeath run so you know where it's bugginess is going to let you down.

Thanks

I ran through most of PotD solo with a monk (one day I'll wrap it up, but life got in the way and I'd rather just start a new run right now), and I've used monks in regular party play too. My observation with Clarity is that most of its use is as an emergency escape button. If you're playing a full party, you probably have a paladin or a priest who can do anti-CC duty (and enemy CC normally isn't as dangerous with a full party anyway), so you can normally safely skip it imo. Monks have no shortage of tasty abilities, so unless you're dead set on having a very defensive monk, I'd go for something else most of the time.

That said, Clarity does have niche utility, but it's mostly of interest to soloers or party monks who spend most of their time behind enemy lines targeting casters (combo with Long Stride and Flagellant's Path). If you have high defences/Res, the enemies are probably just grazing you most of the time, so even dumped Int is fine to make CC quickly expire.

re your bug, I don't recall seeing it myself, or maybe I just didn't notice. Maybe report it if you haven't already, though I don't know if there are any more patches forthcoming.

Clarity does have other buggy problems I found. One particularly irksome one was that if you tell your monk to, say, Torment's Reach, but before your monk has executed the ability you change the order to Clarity... the monk will do neither and just stand there doing nothing. I haven't run into this problem with anything else, so it seems to be a bug with Clarity. Buyer beware.

tldr I don't regret using it on my solo run exactly; it made some tough fights go more smoothly, but there are issues with using it. If you're content to reload when fights go against you anyway, then Clarity loses even its niche use. If you're playing with permadeath though, I'd say it's worth it. You really don't want to die due to CC you could have escaped with Clarity. I'd make sure you practice with it first before doing a permadeath run so you know where it's bugginess is going to let you down.

Thanks a lot for your post