Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

And it's only 70 days in.

Woo hoo! Only 1313 to go until we pick Trump again or a Democrat that will be just as bad if not worse. Unless voters finally say enough is enough and do something different. Not holding out much hope but you never know.

Something very different indeed

bwc-split.jpg

Clarification: I do not support democratic centralism, Leninism or Stalinism. I just found it amusing.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

The quality and IQ of reporters just keeps sinking:

Monday's triple shooting also figures to test the state's "Stand Your Ground" law, which allows citizens to shoot someone if they believe their safety is threatened. Oklahoma is among 24 states with such a provision, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

A criminal law expert, who discussed the Oklahoma home invasion case in his Wednesday class, doubted charges would be brought against the son. Joseph Cillo, an assistant professor of criminal justice at Saint Leo University in Florida and a former Los Angeles defense attorney, said the son would be protected by the Castle Doctrine, which states that a person can defend their home if they feel they are in danger.

"The Castle Doctrine is even better than 'Stand Your Ground,'" Cillo said. "It would be a criminal homicide if he would have killed them outside.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/31/oklahoma-home-invasion-shooting-3-victims-broke-into-property-earlier-that-day.html

It's an AP article, not a Fox News article, before the snarky comments.

And I just heard a completely fact free piece of propaganda report on sanctuary cities on NPR, honestly our press is worse than the Soviet press, at least the Soviets had the excuse of being afraid for their lives.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I'll be completely honest. I really couldn't give a **** if they found any ties between Trump and Russia.

Reason I guess is because I'm getting burnt out on all these accusations and just don't care anymore.

Seriously, this is something very important but we are being overloaded with all these small things so often and soooo much, I just don't care anymore.

Same%20Crap.jpg

Amen. Pretty glad Johnson didn't win even though I voted for him, bc no way could Johnson have handled all this bull****.

Then again it could be equally worse and have radio silence if Hillary won.

Dunno if reporting on every lil miniscule thing bc u don't like a guy be worse than we won't allow any talk about someone we like be better with the media.

Dan Rather come back and save us and bitch slap the media on what is important and how to report. Also someone to fear in the media due to the truth and NOT twisting the truth to fit a narrative.

Sigh metal gear solid 2, why did u have to become true :(

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Does the Trump-Putin bromance remain iron tight like the curtain? Or did Putin just play on Trumps ego and then station Russian war ships 30 miles off of Connecticut, attempt to dictate another Eastern Europe coup in Montenegro, create chaos leading to federal investigations into the presidential cabinet of the USA and fullfill his life long dream of weakening the bonds that bind the greatest military alliance that ever existed?

It is a mystery.

Edited by BrotherFerg

Why does a chair have arms and legs like a man, but can't walk or hold things?

I feel that someone should at least Correct The Record on where the term 'Bernie Bros' came from. Ideally, someone should get the Senate Committee to visit /pol/ if they really want to know where most of the anti Hillary memes came from. That, at least, would be good for a laugh.

(Good lord that article is appallingly bad. Certainly does nothing to dispel the notion that there's a massive, and distinctly non Russian, psyop going on)

I still have to laugh. It was just a mere 4 yearsish ago when Obama attacked the Repubs for trying to start another cold war with Russia. He lambasted them  at the Presidential debates and it wa sbelieved it greatly helped him win relection. Now, it is a'' 'RUSSIA IS THE MOST EVIL COUNTRY INT HE WORLD THEY MUST BE DESTROYED'.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/mar/31/julian-assange-waits-for-ecuadors-election-to-decide-his-future

Assange may finally get booted out the Ecuador embassy, then he can get immediately arrested by the UK authorities...that will make me happy  8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

~snip

Earlier discussions on mass information gathering yielded opinions of "there's too much data to reliable parse it". Now they will try to sort and sell 194 bazilliody URL navigations per day? If the US government cant do it, can Comcast?

Aren't they really looking for different things, though? Comcast is looking for trends, the NSA is looking for individual threats.

Dunno. Just think of how many clicks per day you yourself account for. Now multiple that by whatever is the average amount of users per day in the country. First that information has to be stored (is it already?), then sorted and sold. Gonna need more infrastructure but I guess its doable. :shrugz:

And yes, I absolutely believe the US has the capability to single anyone out for observation, at will. And its probably very easy for them.

I am sure it is easy to single out a person, I think it is difficult to determine who to single out, and how many resources to devote to that individual. There are probably tens of thousands of people that fit a certain profile for domestic terrorism. It's a needle in a stack of needles. We don't get to just round people up based on suspicions, we need actionable evidence. In the meantime we only need to look away for a moment to miss something.

Anyways, ISP's are really just looking for marketing trends so they can sell us more crap. 

Re: ISPs selling our internet browsing histories -

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

What do you know... they really were spying on Trump: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan-rice-ordered-spy-agencies-to-produce-detailed-spreadsheets-involving-trump/

That's the thing about the Democrats. Expect nothing but dirt and corruption from them and you'll never be disappointed. Ditto for the elephants. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

What do you know... they really were spying on Trump: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan-rice-ordered-spy-agencies-to-produce-detailed-spreadsheets-involving-trump/

That's the thing about the Democrats. Expect nothing but dirt and corruption from them and you'll never be disappointed. Ditto for the elephants.

Convenient timing, well and sources anyway.

So is Kushner going to run in 2020?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am super bummed out that they can only collect data hits to amazon.com and are completely oblivious to users navigating to killallinfidels.com. If only there were a way to leverage this technology to catch bad guys. smh. Maybe the mooks have their own ISP's?

Have the CIA secretly publish a book through Amazon create space called "A Dummies Guide to Killing all Infidels"?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man