Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

No one ever marched for Obama after he won? You can only march in protest? Trump is being attacked from all sides, I don't see it's strange at all that his supporters would want to express their support in a collective and public way. As far as being goons, it's not being a goon to defend yourself when attacked.

I honestly don't remember anyone marching for Obama after the election. Again, why would they need to?

As far as goons, this is the picture you chose to post:

aptopix-trump-rally-violence.jpg

What the actual hell?

First of all, what is wrong with the guy taking a photo or video?

Second of all, you people do realise that self Defense is DEFENSE. If the antifa guy did attack, then they were allowed to defend themselves. However, by what is going on in the picture, it appears they are senselessly beating someone who is down already.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Heh, and Trump's lawyers are allegedly trying to stop the 70-odd court cases that have been lingering over the past year or three by claiming presidential immunity. Including the latest defamation suit involving one of the women who was on  The Apprentice.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

What the actual hell?

First of all, what is wrong with the guy taking a photo or video?

Second of all, you people do realise that self Defense is DEFENSE. If the antifa guy did attack, then they were allowed to defend themselves. However, by what is going on in the picture, it appears they are senselessly beating someone who is down already.

Below is the situation on film. People started filming when the antifa thugs started attacking and there were camera crews covering the event. Hence the pictures.

It's clear the guy in the picture just throwed the thug on the ground and tried to stop him from further attacks when the picture was taken.

can't see beginning of incident of these two from photo but from video it seems he is actually chasing him so, it doesn't support you claim wery well mate

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Supporters of Tuesday’s repeal vote argued that the privacy regulations stifle innovation by forcing Internet providers to abide by unreasonably strict guidelines.

The ****?

Ah "innovation". Well it does cut out innovative ways to make money by selling people things. Kind of hope the folk that voted for it suffer some awful hacking.

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not a big surprise. The idea that either major party has any interest in our freedoms is pretty ridiculous at this point. I'm sure WoD and Sharp_One will find some way to justify it though.  :thumbsup:

I think they might have a case for this particular one - at least, on the surface. As far as I'm aware, the case is being rather misrepresented by the media - there seems to be the widespread implication that PERSONAL data will be available for ISPs to sell off, but personal data is actually still protected to some degree. What they can do is sell off aggregated and semi-anonymized data (I say semi, because I believe they can narrow it down to demographics like "white males in their 20s", which is not totally anonymized, so it'd be dishonest to call it that). It's still crappy and I don't like it, no doubt about it, but it's not quite the picture being painted by the media...unless I have been totally mislead in the opposite direction, anyhow, which is admittedly a possibility.

The more important bit of this, as I understand it, is that the FCC more or less loses their power entirely on being able to regulate ISPs, and that that power instead goes to the FTC...but I could be misremembering that particular detail.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

can't see beginning of incident of these two from photo but from video it seems he is actually chasing him so, it doesn't support you claim wery well mate

You can see the antifa thug hit him and tried to run. He catches him and neutralized him. What he should do allow the maniac to hit and run other people?

Sorry but I don't see him punching him first, I rewatched first 6 seconds few times and nothing is seen because guy with camera and MAGA hat is standing in front of camera angle

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

That and EO about letting coal companies blowing up the tops of mountains are my expected dissapointments with Trump. It's seems like it is impossible to have a sane energy policy in the US, as either you subsidize "cool" technology but leaving whole regions of people to rot away in societal dispair, or you let companies go full haywire and blow everything up as long as it makes job growth.  

...and i am also dissapointed that he hasn't told the Saudis to go **** themselves.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That and EO about letting coal companies blowing up the tops of mountains are my expected dissapointments with Trump. It's seems like it is impossible to have a sane energy policy in the US, as either you subsidize "cool" technology but leaving whole regions of people to rot away in societal dispair, or you let companies go full haywire and blow everything up as long as it makes job growth.  

...and i am also dissapointed that he hasn't told the Saudis to go **** themselves.

It's pretty much impossible to have a sane energy policy anywhere.

There is far too much money on the line for all concerned.

Speaking of which:

Trump plans to end the clean power plan

Efficiency standards are likely next.

Luckily he seems to have given up on refuting Paris agreement.

Heh.

Congress Sold you out to the ISP's, here's a list of what it cost the communications industry

Republicans in Congress just voted to reverse a landmark FCC privacy rule that opens the door for ISPs to sell customer data. Lawmakers provided no credible reason for this being in the interest of Americans, except for vague platitudes about “consumer choice” and “free markets,” as if consumers at the mercy of their local internet monopoly are craving to have their web history quietly sold to marketers and any other third party willing to pay.

The only people who seem to want this are the people who are going to make lots of money from it. (Hint: they work for companies like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T.) Incidentally, these people and their companies routinely give lots of money to members of Congress.

So here is a list of the lawmakers who voted to betray you, and how much money they received from the telecom industry in their most recent election cycle.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/killing-3-teens-during-burglary-may-test-oklahoma-010103618--abc-news-topstories.html

It's always been legal to kill people who broke into your house. Has nothing to do with "stand your ground"?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Three teenagers getting killed in a burglary attempt would seem to be rather newsworthy. I agree it seems more a simple home defense case than a stand your ground situation, but it's a pretty terrible story regardless.

Three teenagers getting killed in a burglary attempt would seem to be rather newsworthy. I agree it seems more a simple home defense case than a stand your ground situation, but it's a pretty terrible story regardless.

Well, technically not an attempt, since they succeeded in the burglary, just not the getting away part.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I must be getting soft in my old age because this whole story seems tragic. Three young kids killed, a fourth (the getaway driver) was hit with 4 count of murder so she will never see the sun again. Yes, they were the bad guy, and faced with the same situation I would probably blast them too, but I like to think I would just wound them in the legs or something instead of two dead in the house and one dying in the driveway while trying to run away. :(

• Like 3

Three teenagers getting killed in a burglary attempt would seem to be rather newsworthy.

Ah, leftist spin in a nutshell. Why are you trying to sell this story as something else than it is?

"Three teenagers getting killed in a burglary attempt" makes it look like a burglar killed three teenagers in a botched burglary attempt and that's not what happened.

Oh...you think I'm a leftist.  Okey dokey.   :thumbsup:

Edit: To continue with what Gfted said, the son who defended the home is also going to be dealing with some pretty intense trauma. Killing three people is not the kind of thing you just shake off, no matter how justified, unless you are sociopath. 

Edited by Hurlshot

I must be getting soft in my old age because this whole story seems tragic. Three young kids killed, a fourth (the getaway driver) was hit with 4 count of murder so she will never see the sun again. Yes, they were the bad guy, and faced with the same situation I would probably blast them too, but I like to think I would just wound them in the legs or something instead of two dead in the house and one dying in the driveway while trying to run away. :(

Shooting for the legs is actually pretty dangerous because of the strong possibility of hitting major blood vessels that will almost assuredly cause death without immediate treatment. Sadly, there's not really a good (i.e. reliable) non-lethal way of actually shooting a gun besides the very difficult targets of hands and feet... :(

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Shooting for the legs is actually pretty dangerous because of the strong possibility of hitting major blood vessels that will almost assuredly cause death without immediate treatment. Sadly, there's not really a good (i.e. reliable) non-lethal way of actually shooting a gun besides the very difficult targets of hands and feet... :(

don't know what weapon was used but shotgun usually doesn't care, and thats why its easy to use home defense weapon

In this case the homeowner used an AR-15.

Spray and pray then my brother

• Like 1

An assault rifle in the kitchen sounds like a recipe for major property damage, to be a bit glib. :p

Dunno what's wrong with me but I'm more bothered by you calling it assault rifle than you being glib

Anyway, sucks for all involved

Free games updated 3/4/21

An assault rifle in the kitchen sounds like a recipe for major property damage, to be a bit glib. :p

Why would you mention assault rifle in a story that doesn't involve one?

In this case the homeowner used an AR-15.

Spray and pray then my brother

How would you "spray and pray" with non automatic weapon is what I want to know?

It was irony