Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

I can honestly say I didn't expect Trump to win the election but always thought, in the off chance that he did, that by virtue of the sheer destructiveness of his policies the left would be dragged kicking and screaming leftward and actually begin to organise around issues pertaining to class.And that still may be true however it certainly won't be done with Democrat support. Were they smart they'd have attempted to court the left back to the centre/right with some basic class rhetoric/handouts but instead they seem to be going this route:

XoAIv5G.png

Basically adhering to what is quite honestly a very disturbing political narrative of supposedly unified "race interests". This will of course only continue to empower the rising racist far-right.

This is good. The Democratic Party would never move beyond milquetoast liberalism and driving off anyone remotely class consiouss in the US still holding on will hopefully make a split happen. The issue is where those people go, a socdem party like the recent Green Party or a more radical organization. At this point I'm willing to bet on the former in the short-term, with a Trump victory in 2020 and maybe an economic downturn that wounds the right.

"Yay! A bunch of people will suffer and die as a result of disastrous Republican policies, but there's a tiny chance that a major party will self-detonate and an even tinier chance that one of the offshoots will have policies I like, but hey, totes worth it bro, it isn't ****ing wishful thinking AT ALL"

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Class-thinking will cause the people of the nation to be at odds with each other on their possessions, race-thinking will cause the people of the nation to be at odds with each others biology, religion-thinking will cause the people of the nation to be at odds with each others souls. The golden mean is just around the corner.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Seems like freezing their budget while they optimize would be a good idea if they are unready with the current huge budget.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I can honestly say I didn't expect Trump to win the election but always thought, in the off chance that he did, that by virtue of the sheer destructiveness of his policies the left would be dragged kicking and screaming leftward and actually begin to organise around issues pertaining to class.And that still may be true however it certainly won't be done with Democrat support. Were they smart they'd have attempted to court the left back to the centre/right with some basic class rhetoric/handouts but instead they seem to be going this route:

XoAIv5G.png

Basically adhering to what is quite honestly a very disturbing political narrative of supposedly unified "race interests". This will of course only continue to empower the rising racist far-right.

This is good. The Democratic Party would never move beyond milquetoast liberalism and driving off anyone remotely class consiouss in the US still holding on will hopefully make a split happen. The issue is where those people go, a socdem party like the recent Green Party or a more radical organization. At this point I'm willing to bet on the former in the short-term, with a Trump victory in 2020 and maybe an economic downturn that wounds the right.

"Yay! A bunch of people will suffer and die as a result of disastrous Republican policies, but there's a tiny chance that a major party will self-detonate and an even tinier chance that one of the offshoots will have policies I like, but hey, totes worth it bro, it isn't ****ing wishful thinking AT ALL"

As opposed to disatrous Republican policies from 2 decades ago?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So we are cutting meals for the elderly and the free school lunch programs?

The school lunch program is quite possibly the most important thing that some schools are doing. I've worked at a number of tough schools, and the fact that these kids can get a warm meal and some time away from tragic situations at home is invaluable. I'm confident that in California the state will pick up the slack, but I imagine all the states who already rely heavily on federal dollars to get by will be in trouble.

si vis pacem, para bellum

It's a good response, but it isn't an either or proposition. We can have diplomacy and military readiness.

In fact they depend heavily on one another. The former without the latter is just old powerless men talking and the latter without the former just back opponents into a corner and forces them to fight. Even if they didn't really want to.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The school lunch program is quite possibly the most important thing that some schools are doing. I've worked at a number of tough schools, and the fact that these kids can get a warm meal and some time away from tragic situations at home is invaluable. I'm confident that in California the state will pick up the slack, but I imagine all the states who already rely heavily on federal dollars to get by will be in trouble.

You're going to get "**** you, I got mine" in fancy dress.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't think they're eliminating the school lunch program. They're eliminating Community Block Development Grant ($3 billion total) to states which is used by states to fund some other social programs, like after school care in some districts. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

si vis pacem, para bellum

It's a good response, but it isn't an either or proposition. We can have diplomacy and military readiness.

Yes, but I'm sure the State Department can afford to cut back on champagne, lobster and caviar at their parties, the millions dollar tulip landscaping, and close the embassy in Upper ****landia. It's not that expensive to flap your lips. Meanwhile, Trump is already taking action: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2017/03/16/trump-puts-business-experience-in-pentagon.html

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It doesnt pass the eyball test but I dont know if its legit. It looks like someone took: <total monies saved by axing these programs> / <number of people in the country>.

That makes some sense, it's awkward to try digging into my own countries tax and budget, let alone Americas. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Walmart thing? isn't that just the silly nonsense that Walmart pays employees 'little' so their employees go on welfare? That isn't 'corporate welfare'. Also, Welfare actually tends to pay its employees better than most businsses at that 'skill level'. Certainly better than most 'mom and pop' shops that charge outrageous prices, and don't pay their employees   a great wage or even give  benefits that match. ie. It is better to work at Walmart than some corner store (money and  benefits wise though you have to deal with a more corporate culture of course). FACT.

Unless the gvo't is actually giving money to Walmart directly which is uncool if it is true.

P.S. I notice that posts supports programs for women but not for men. Just another sexist piece of ****.

P.S.S. Earth is an evil 'mother' unless you think a mother that mass murders here children is a good mother. HAHAHAHAHA.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The guy above can donate to all those causes if he wants. Looks like $12 is just for climate change, which for some reason he broke into 3 pieces.

Most likely research, efficiency and clean power plan.

Makes sense as technically they are separate programs.

• Like 1

Donna Brazile: Passing debate questions to Clinton camp 'a mistake I will forever regret'

Former interim Democratic National Committee chairperson Donna Brazile has for months been dodging questions about passing along questions to Hillary Clinton's staff in advance of a CNN debate -- but now, she's speaking out and calling the misstep "a mistake I will forever regret."

Emails from Clinton campaign Chair John Podesta's account were released in October by WikiLeaks showing that the then-CNN contributor had forwarded questions ahead of a March primary debate.

I thought I remembered her denying it at some point and not just dodging questions about it

Free games updated 3/4/21

Sorry guys but I feel I need to write this melancholic post 

One of my uncles came to visit my dad from the USA  and he reminded us of how his son and friend was killed in the Angola War, I remember the day like yesterday. He was a paratrooper and very well liked. His funeral was very packed with many people, many varsity people and army buddies

http://samvousa.org/operation-firewood-26-year-remembrance/

Then I remembered all the people I have known who died in the wars in Southern Africa against Communism, my family in Rhodesia use to mention how after Vietnam several hundred former Vietnam soldiers came to Rhodesia to continue the fight against Communism 

They were very proficient and experienced fighters, they actually helped refine the Rhodesian fireforce helicopter special attack strategy which they used in Vietnam. Check this out 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireforce

They were instrumental in this attack, imagine these numbers of casualties

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Dingo

Here is some information about the US soldiers 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crippled_Eagles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_C._MacKenzie

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela