Politics 2017 part 4

Hurlshort

Besides, would you rather have no one know about everything wikileaks releases?

Even if they truly are anti-west, they have a very good point, and we need to look at the issues they point out. They are not anti west, if anything they are anti western government. And I can see why, and for the most part get behind the points they are making.

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

So with that Vauld 7 stuff, does it mean that Alex Jones is actually decent journalist? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What if Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton Had Swapped Genders?

It takes gender bending for neoliberals to see why Hillary lost.

Edited for those who struggle with clicking and reading.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

always love posts with link only

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Clicking is hard for you or something?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

no, but if I just want to read news article I go to.. news sites, not forums

Well he's trying to share a link, likely you wouldn't have come across it in other news sites for a while if at all. I guess he needed to comment on it to magically be different ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well he's trying to share a link, likely you wouldn't have come across it in other news sites for a while.

Are you seriously not getting what I mean? Point of forums is discussion (usually). If he doesn't add any perspective or his view on it what is point of sharing links? Would it be ok if I just randomly drop links here and there?

Well I assume posters never read their links because half the time what people say doesn't really match what their posted article says. Would a snappy summary like "it takes genderbending for neoliberals to see why Hillary lost" somehow improve the post?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well he's trying to share a link, likely you wouldn't have come across it in other news sites for a while.
Are you seriously not getting what I mean? Point of forums is discussion (usually). If he doesn't add any perspective or his view on it what is point of sharing links? Would it be ok if I just randomly drop links here and there?

Sure. That is the whole point of the news thread in C&C. Bringing some info without the usual crank editorializing is perfectly fine in my book.

this is not news thread

Didn't notice. It is still on a forum so still applies. It's the same as mentioning an article you read to someone else.

Didn't notice. It is still on a forum so still applies. It's the same as mentioning an article you read to someone else.

I am done debating this, seems like moders agree as well, have fun defending pointless argument

Heh, amusing from you considering you decided to snipe in first place.

• Like 1

I am done debating this, seems like moders agree as well, have fun defending pointless argument

Not quite sure what gives you the impression that the mods care either way.

• Like 2

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Except Wikileaks doesn't make " governments " transparent

They typically only  target the USA, where are all the leaks around Russia or China and these are much more intolerant and dictatorial governments than the USA

So its not about keeping governments in check, Wikileaks is a personal campaign to undermine the USA  and the West

This is ironically such a Russian response through and through.

Whenever someone in Russia exposes government corruption the typical response from pro-Putin camp is, "But in America/Europe/etc. they do this too. You're are targeting us. You're doing this to undermine our country. You're an American agent (just like Wikileaks is being labeled a Russian front) etc, etc..."

That's such an every country response, really. If it's a leaker you attack their patriotism and label them a traitor and criminal, if it's external you label them an agent of a foreign power and a criminal (even obviously stupid things like Assange being a traitor to a country he isn't a citizen of) and you do everything you can to deflect from what is actually said. Someone who thinks the US doesn't do exactly the same after Snowden if not after Wikileaks' Manning releases would be... naive, or just blindly backing their team.

Edited by Zoraptor

Not quite sure what gives you the impression that the mods care either way.

Same.

This shows once and for all: Trump definitely isn't like Hitler.

Hitler was better at Propaganda

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

https://www.yahoo.com/news/official-couple-hundred-us-marines-syria-225612067--politics.html

Very interesting development, US marines are being sent to Syria...so its a modicum of  " boots on the ground " 

What do you guys think? I think the USA  should stay out of Syria, apart from its current commitments, and the let the Russians and other ME  countries do the work

The good news is this will lead to a quicker annihilation of ISIS  in Raqqa which is there capital. Once this falls there utterly unrealistic objective of a " Caliphate " will be over 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder what this means for Rojava.

No, but seriously... I'm very sceptical. US intervention in the ME has not archieved the greatest results. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm afraid that Assad's regime will be strengthened by US forces and thus allow Assad to further oppress his people; in the name of anti Islamic terrorism (again, similarly to how te US funded dictatorships to fight communism).

And everybody knows