What I understand about weapon focus is: it works for each category of weapon adding +x acc bonus to the listed weapons.

Soulbound weapons are a category per se and any weapon focus taken will add the bonus to the soulbuound ones.
Does it mean any weapon focus taken will stack or only one will work and the others suppressed?

The Priests' talent works with soulbound weapons and I guess it stacks with the weapon focus.

How weapon focus works with wizard's summoned weapons? Are they considered like soulbound weapons?
Do they replace the equipped weapon like shapeshifting or maintain the bonuses?

Thanks, my Aloth wanna go melee.

CzSyX91.jpg

Soulbound weapons are a category per se and any weapon focus taken will add the bonus to the soulbuound ones.

Does it mean any weapon focus taken will stack or only one will work and the others suppressed?

You only get the benefit once so, for example, if you are wielding Abydon's Hammer and have Weapon Focus: Soldier and Weapon Focus: Adventurer you'd only get +6 Accuracy (not +12).

The Priests' talent works with soulbound weapons and I guess it stacks with the weapon focus.

Yep (unless something has changed recently).

How weapon focus works with wizard's summoned weapons? Are they considered like soulbound weapons?

Do they replace the equipped weapon like shapeshifting or maintain the bonuses?

Summoned weapons are like Soulbound weapons yes.

They do replace the equipped weapon and, as far as I know, you can't switch out of them whilst they're active (I might be wrong on that, I haven't run a summoned weapon Wizard yet).

Edited by JerekKruger

You only get the benefit once so, for example, if you are wielding Abydon's Hammer and have Weapon Focus: Soldier and Weapon Focus: Adventurer you'd only get +6 Accuracy (not +12).

This isn't accurate. The priest's bonus *does* stack with the weapon focus group bonus, at least when using a soulbound weapon.

edit: screenshot: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/97229796367340147/816DDF49A3322420475271D086AD4182FBC107B4/ (some spoilers)

Summoned weapons work like soulbound weapons -- any talent you have gives proficiency -- but at least with the monk's summoned fists (for Long Pain) you can switch out of them (you don't want to but it's possible, and usually a mistake).

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

This isn't accurate. The priest's bonus *does* stack with the weapon focus group bonus, at least when using a soulbound weapon.

Oh I know, I was only talking about Weapon Focus talents, not other talents that add accuracy. To be precise, Priest weapon talents stack, as does the bonus you get from that knife throwing game in Stalwart Village (unless that has been patched away).

Oh I know, I was only talking about Weapon Focus talents, not other talents that add accuracy. To be precise, Priest weapon talents stack, as does the bonus you get from that knife throwing game in Stalwart Village (unless that has been patched away).

Roger roger, I'm literally sitting here now reading this thread twenty minutes later AFTER coffee and oh look! that's exactly what you said!

• Like 1

Thank you guys, now I know summoned weapons are like soulbound ones mind if I ask another thing? :D

It seems all the summoned weaps are 2 handed, does the talent "Two Handed Style" work with them too? Savage Attack?

Edited by mammasaura

CzSyX91.jpg

Roger roger, I'm literally sitting here now reading this thread twenty minutes later AFTER coffee and oh look! that's exactly what you said!

No harm in clarifying it.

By the way, I am not 100% certain that Flick of the Wrist (the +4 Accuracy with Daggers and Stilettos talent learnt in Stalwart) applies to Soulbound and summoned weapons. I believe it did at some point, but have this vague memory that it was changed in a patch.

It seems all the summoned weaps are 2 handed, does the talent "Two Handed Style" work with them too? Savage Attack?

I am fairly certain both do yes.

Those talents work, yes. But only for melee weapons. Although ranged weapons, including implements, are wielded with two hands, Two Handed Style and Savage Attack do not work with them. So, to be precise: Firebrand, Citzal's Spirit Lance, Concelhaut's Staff and Llengrath's Warding Staff work with the talents you mentioned.

Things like Kalakoth's Minor Blights don't. But that works with Dangerous Implement and the other talents for ranged weapons (Marksman and so on).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods