Question about "Create a Super Pet" tier.

Is this the thread we get to speculate what kind of buffs that superpets can have?

My guess would be skill based buffs, Cats giving +1 Stealth, Rodents giving +1 Mechanics I dunno, spit-balling here.

I think that maybe attribute bonuses would be too powerful?

Be cool to get a mini-drake and have it give you Fire resist or whatever.

Edited by Koth

I'm considering upgrading (if that's possible) or grabbing a slacker backer to create a super pet. Before I do though, what exactly do you get to create other than the texture and buff?

It was said somewhere that you can pick from all the beasts in the game. With some restrictions of course. Too big ones are out obviously. But we already had an animat, a lagufaeth, a wyrm, a spider and so on. Concelhaut's Skull is a superpet for example. So - a lot seems to be possible. May I plant the idea of a wicht that has a mild frenzy aura and a mini-heart-of-fury into your mind? Thanks! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Kraken for super pet!

(I know, I know.. but still I like kraken :wub: )

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Kraken for super pet!

(I know, I know.. but still I like kraken :wub: )

You could carry a baby kraken round in a fish-bowl - gives a fear mallus to enemies

• Like 3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

My character in the first game had a white wurm as a pet.

Would be fun if it had grown up a little, maybe had a once-per-day frost breath cone attack or something.

Was this supposed to sound ambiguous? ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

My character in the first game had a white wurm as a pet.

Would be fun if it had grown up a little, maybe had a once-per-day frost breath cone attack or something.

Was this supposed to sound ambiguous? ;)

Haha, no. Not intentionally any way... :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I swear I replied a while back, must have hit preview instead of submit. :blink: I know I can chose the creature, look, name and buff.  I want to know if I can specify other things like where you find the pet and how you acquire it.  My pet is picky and won't just follow anyone.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Never used a pet once in the game. Fair enough for those who like that kind of thing but it just feels like WoW or something, are they going to add pet battles in Eternity 3?

As long as they are indifferent they are fine by me (all companions having a pet slot would be superfluous).

I love this tiny black wyrm followin my main everywhere I go.

And I even have a lore-wise explanation why it actually makes sense, like you know...

zfYDzYV.jpg

I just hope this trend will not grow into Pokemon-ish wack!

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...