Torment: Tides of Numenera Released

Infinitron

Why am I trying to fix the resonance chamber? I gotta be honest, I've forgotten why, assuming I ever even knew.

I know I smashed into it when I fell, is that the only reason I'm trying to fix it?

It should somehow help you fight Sorrow (I didn't finished game myself yet so don't know either)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Boy, is it fun to lie and to misinform people in this game.   :dancing:

I certainly had a lot of fun with being cagey about being a Watcher at the start of Pillars of Eternity, too.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Finally got around to playing it.  Boy, is there a lot of reading in this game.  :shifty:

It hasn't drawn me in yet like PST did, or even BG and the like.  I think PoE got me hooked right at the start more.

We'll see how it goes as I play more.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm still trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to be doing.  I mean, I understand what the quest logs are telling me I should be doing, but I'm not sure *why*.

Am I supposed to be confused about my motivations the entire game?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm still trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to be doing.  I mean, I understand what the quest logs are telling me I should be doing, but I'm not sure *why*.

The device your crash to the Earth damaged (the crystal resonance chamber) was the Changing God's last ditch effort to stop the Sorrow. You're trying to find someone to help you repair it. I'm not sure since it's been a while but the issue should come up through a memory when you examine the chamber at the beginning of the game.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Combat is tedious.  It's especially tedious because it seems like I waste half of my turns moving into position because the enemy is always "too far away", then have to wait for a half dozen slow moving enemies to just walk around for a few seconds before finally attacking.

Found Peerless, did you? ;)

Yes.  And I was kicking his ass until the game decided to just freeze on me, forcing me to have to quit and re-start.  I was literally about to drop an AoE bomb-type thing on him that would have taken the rest of his HP when the game just froze.

Come to think of it, the only two times the game has frozen were during combat.

When the Endless Gate cultists managed to open up the Endless Gate, I was kind of disappointed that a scripted sequence didn't start where an inconspicuous NPC from Sagus Cliffs would come in, and throw himself into the portal to close it. :D

siiiigh, I miss Icewind Dale.

• Like 1

1aw3tiY.png

Is it really that great? I've been hearing mixed reviews...

I never played the first one lol I'm gonna wait til it gets a remaster/HD version. I don't care how long it takes.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

But atm I only game on Steam. While I have alot games via Origin and GoG, I found Steam to be a better place to play. So I'd like for it to come to Steam. If not, I guess I'll be missing on a great game. It's okay, I've survived this long :(

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Did you get any tracking info or some such before delivery? I'm having this dread feeling that I will end up chasing my package the same way that I had to with LotER... (although that eventually worked out well enough).

That's not very promising. :(

I just read through a handful of Kickstarter comments to check for more info but there is only nerdrage and tears and come accusations that Brian was only lining his own pockets with the Kickstarter campaign.

That's not very promising. :(

I just read through a handful of Kickstarter comments to check for more info but there is only nerdrage and tears and come accusations that Brian was only lining his own pockets with the Kickstarter campaign.

Mine arrived today via UPS. They sent me an email last week that did have a tracking number.

Is it really that great? I've been hearing mixed reviews...

I never played the first one lol I'm gonna wait til it gets a remaster/HD version. I don't care how long it takes.

A small group of disgruntled backers have been review bombing the game on Steam and GoG, and since people who are angry about something tend to post at a much higher rate than people who like something, the game has "mixed" reviews on those sites. Pro reviews of the game have been almost entirely superlative.

Did you get any tracking info or some such before delivery? I'm having this dread feeling that I will end up chasing my package the same way that I had to with LotER... (although that eventually worked out well enough).

I received a UPS tracking number and an email from Techland both.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I received my physical copy a few days ago, and I did get several email messages beforehand that it was being prepared for delivery / actually shipping out and was given a tracking number for it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."