I know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about But I am going to ask questions to learn more. That's not falling on a LGBTQ spectrum is it? Like I would be straight but only interested in sex. Or homosexual but only interested in romance. That's not my sexuality it's more like a behavioral choice? Like just to me it seems like aromantic is code for someone with a form of sex addiction. And if not how would you distinguish between sex addiction and aromantic? 

What? Oh, no.  You're jumping to pretty much the exact opposite end of things.

Someone who's asexual doesn't have interest in sex.  Generally when people use 'aromantic' they mean someone who isn't interested in sex OR romance.  No dates or late nights cuddling on the couch or whatever, but also not mindless boning.  They've friendzoned the world (if they're social) or tend to be work/project focused (if they're not)

Think of it as more like the vegan/vegetarian spectrum.  One is excluding more things than the other.

Actually, there ARE people who are aromantic but not asexual, just like there are people who are asexual but not aromantic. (As well as people who are both, of course.)

It doesn't automatically make us sex addicts. Hell, I've probably had less sex than the average woman my age. I've just never had any romantic feelings for anyone, and have no interest in pair-bonding with my sex partners.

... uh, anyway, that was kind of off-topic, I just like to remind people I exist. (I am also a Sebastian Vael fan! Maybe all us imaginary people are.)

On topic: I hope my Watcher can romance Edér, but if not I am prepared to go full sharkboy.

• Like 5

Oh this is nothing. A few weeks after release there will be a waifu megathread for each companion with running battles between rival shippers spreading all over the board. This? This is fairly comfy.

I dread the thought, yet welcome the discussion of waifus as it concerns the game, at the very least.

Well I don't know about any of that but asexualism is, scientifically, a directly observable phenomenon. There are individuals who simply do not engage in sexual activity with others, are entirely unattracted to others, prefer not to engage in sexual activity with others, only engage in sexual activity with themselves, etc. From what I can see, there's been very little actual scientific research on it, though.

Oh this is nothing. A few weeks after release there will be a waifu megathread for each companion with running battles between rival shippers spreading all over the board. This? This is fairly comfy.

I dread the thought, yet welcome the discussion of waifus as it concerns the game, at the very least.

You're mad.

• Like 1

This is correct. For good or ill I imagine the Waifu/Husbando wars will rage. Although I doubt they'll reach the insanity of certain fandoms. You hear about certain things at a topical level nad WOOF are some fanbases aggressive.

I'm hoping these types of things will be more cordial than other games because let's face it we all want to bang the Eothas statue.

• Like 2

Yes! We have no bananas.

You're mad.

I prefer to think of myself as inquisitive about all the wrong things.

This is correct. For good or ill I imagine the Waifu/Husbando wars will rage. Although I doubt they'll reach the insanity of certain fandoms. You hear about certain things at a topical level nad WOOF are some fanbases aggressive.

I'm hoping these types of things will be more cordial than other games because let's face it we all want to bang the Eothas statue.

I am both dreading and looking forward to it. The discussions, that is. I doubt I'll get to bang Eothas.

He lacks attraction to the thread, but still desires normal posting.

There is normal posting on other parts of the thread.

I’ve already been doing so, but I’ve said what I did for the sake of hyperbole and good fun. Also might get people talking about other things for a bit, which is all fine and dandy. I know that this thread will carry on no matter what I do, so I may as well try to have fun with it no matter how much I’d prefer it’s nonexistence.

Ah fair enough but I doubt it'd get people talking about anything else.

Whee lawd and judging from EA I already know how it's going to go. One character is thirsty as hell.

(I am also a Sebastian Vael fan! Maybe all us imaginary people are.)

tumblr_nn18whTHbt1up4ldwo1_r1_250.gif

I mean really. Shameful.

:p

That said I'm fine with Eder or Aloth. I'm a big fan of friendship turned to lovers :p

The statue booty is amazing. :p

Edited by Ryz009
  • Like 2

I know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about But I am going to ask questions to learn more. That's not falling on a LGBTQ spectrum is it? Like I would be straight but only interested in sex. Or homosexual but only interested in romance. That's not my sexuality it's more like a behavioral choice? Like just to me it seems like aromantic is code for someone with a form of sex addiction. And if not how would you distinguish between sex addiction and aromantic? 

Someone who's asexual doesn't have interest in sex.  Generally when people use 'aromantic' they mean someone who isn't interested in sex OR romance.  No dates or late nights cuddling on the couch or whatever, but also not mindless boning.  They've friendzoned the world (if they're social) or tend to be work/project focused (if they're not)

Think of it as more like the vegan/vegetarian spectrum.  One is excluding more things than the other.

Actually, there ARE people who are aromantic but not asexual, just like there are people who are asexual but not aromantic. (As well as people who are both, of course.)

Sure.  But, but -generally- when the topic comes up, they're connected.  

Aromantic sex often just gets a shrug and 'Eh, college.'     Not everywhere of course, and it isn't universally true, but I've meet a lot of people who think avoiding casual hook-ups is aberrant behavior.   It's certainly well represented in tv and media.  And politics of course, with those darn kids and their lack of morals destroying the country.  Or some nonsense like that. 

Edited by Voss

Sure.  But, but -generally- when the topic comes up, they're connected.  

Aromantic sex often just gets a shrug and 'Eh, college.'     Not everywhere of course, and it isn't universally true, but I've meet a lot of people who think avoiding casual hook-ups is aberrant behavior.   It's certainly well represented in tv and media.  And politics of course, with those darn kids and their lack of morals destroying the country.  Or some nonsense like that. 

That isn't what being aromantic is. It's looking at everyone and feeling no romantic attraction (so like they're cute/handsome/sexy, I'd want to hold hand with them, etc). Adding the sexual means, but still having sexual attraction (I know I only want to have sex with x gender). Never met someone like that before though. Romantic asexual yes, aromantic sexual no.

Edited by Elarie

Ok, could I ask a question? I understand ace, but the whole concept of aro kinda feels a bit psychopathic to me. Is there a connection here, or am I just reading into it a bit too much (probably am)

Romantic love isn't the only kind of love, so I don't think there's much of a connection. I mean, I love my family and my friends plenty, I just don't want to pair bond with anyone.

• Like 1

This is correct. For good or ill I imagine the Waifu/Husbando wars will rage. Although I doubt they'll reach the insanity of certain fandoms.

You sweet summer child.

Nah I've been a member of the husbando/waifu wars. It won't get that bad here because we lack the base for true embittered venom.

I mean there will be some but not the hair pulling you see on other fandoms. That stuff is the result of years of arguing and bitterness.

Maybe all the gods will be love interests in the next game. If Pallegina is still around, I'd totally hook her up with Hylea and watch the sparks fly!

Nah, man. Pallegina is mine. I’ll pull a Kratos and kill all the gods if that’s the case.

Unless she says no, of course.

Remember kids, no means no.

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 1

This is correct. For good or ill I imagine the Waifu/Husbando wars will rage. Although I doubt they'll reach the insanity of certain fandoms.

You sweet summer child.

Nah I've been a member of the husbando/waifu wars. It won't get that bad here because we lack the base for true embittered venom.

I mean there will be some but not the hair pulling you see on other fandoms. That stuff is the result of years of arguing and bitterness.

I've seen this said of other fanbases before. It always ends the same. The cycle cannot be broken.

Developers design their games to some extent in response to feedback. Also said waifu wars can be morbidly amusing. Or on the glass half empty side, spill out into unrelated areas and poison discussion of other parts of the game. But that's life.

You sweet summer child.

I've seen this said of other fanbases before. It always ends the same. The cycle cannot be broken.

Oh they'll be wars but I was in the trenches it won't be nearly as bad :p

On another note I think I see were Eder's romance might start. So there's that :D

Edited by Ryz009