One of these days I'm going to finish Tresspasser.

You should it's so good.

I'm not fond of the Solas romance (mostly because I'm not fond of Solas) but it does add a very nice touch to it. (Also your friends expressing disapproval of the PC being an idiot was nice.)

I lost my Solas romance save anyhow.

Last time I tried to play it I couldn't get into my character, I kept restarting, it was a mess.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I lost my Solas romance save anyhow.

Last time I tried to play it I couldn't get into my character, I kept restarting, it was a mess.

I romance Bull personally. BDSM king is right up my alley.  :dancing: 

Aww that sucks.

I have trouble with restarting anyhow.  Create a character, and them I'm like "no, what if I did this instead!"

Pretty much the first week or so of any new game is dicey if I get an idea for a different character.  I might end up restarting dozens of times.  Usually I can settle on one, but I was just never 100% happy with them last time I played DAI.

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Liara is a pretty good character...in the second game and onwards. She is functionally a completely different person in the first game and, yes, kind of awful nerd bait in how she's written.

OH SHEPARD WON'T YOU TEACH ME HOW TO LOVE??? I AM SO NAIVE AND NERDY.

It really was pure fantasy material wasn't it. But If the ladies got their sparkly emo vampires, then the guys can get their pan-sexual space nymphs amiright?

They certainly can and I don't begrudge them that. But there's plenty of room in this market for all types. There should be games for people that hate romance of any kind, games for kawaii uguu~ power fantasy, and games for people that like something grounded in reality.

• Like 1

Liara is a pretty good character...in the second game and onwards. She is functionally a completely different person in the first game and, yes, kind of awful nerd bait in how she's written.

OH SHEPARD WON'T YOU TEACH ME HOW TO LOVE??? I AM SO NAIVE AND NERDY.

It really was pure fantasy material wasn't it. But If the ladies got their sparkly emo vampires, then the guys can get their pan-sexual space nymphs amiright?

They certainly can and I don't begrudge them that. But there's plenty of room in this market for all types. There should be games for people that hate romance of any kind, games for kawaii uguu~ power fantasy, and games for people that like something grounded in reality.

The world doesn't need more uguu-indulgence. We as a society should take advantage of the fact that not all things need to exist.

Eh, it makes people happy. If it didn't exist, people would demand it did and we'd be complaining about the slow infiltration of our serious RPGs for hardcore lit majors by the waifu menace instead.

Although it seems like even the anti-waifu group usually has a waifu they're making an exception for, even now.

Edited by The Sharmat

Eh, it makes people happy. If it didn't exist, people would demand it did and we'd be complaining about the slow infiltration of our serious RPGs for hardcore lit majors by the waifu menace instead.

Although it seems like even the anti-waifu group usually has a waifu they're making an exception for, even now.

I think Bioware, for better or worse (Depending on your opinion of course.) made this a more mainstream thing. Fanbases, being themselves have since become divided as they tend to be.

Speaking for myself it doesn't bother me in the slightest if it's well done and adds to your personal narrative. It's a basic fact of life that people form bonds and occasionally bang. If you can work it into the narrative and it's optional and not contrived it doesn't strike me as a damning addition.

I do hope there is some Meta-humor involving the sword though. Might be a good chance to offer some commentary on these mechanics.

Yes! We have no bananas.

They should write in lots of torrid romance and steamy hot sex... but only between NPCs. PC would be all by his little self in the big captain's cabin on the Defiant, while the rest of the gang gets it on belowdecks.

The reaction would be epic.

This. AND have NPCs tease the PC for his failure to get in on the action.

What "IS" a Watcher, really?  Maybe the PC is just into Voyeurism. 

• Like 1

They should write in lots of torrid romance and steamy hot sex... but only between NPCs. PC would be all by his little self in the big captain's cabin on the Defiant, while the rest of the gang gets it on belowdecks.

The reaction would be epic.

This. AND have NPCs tease the PC for his failure to get in on the action.

What "IS" a Watcher, really?  Maybe the PC is just into Voyeurism. 

Yeah and then the teasing would be odd if the PC's asexual.

That would require someone acknowledging asexual people exist.  Current culture is a bit too sex obsessed for that.

That would require someone acknowledging asexual people exist.  Current culture is a bit too sex obsessed for that.

Ooooh, I love adding to the list of reasons I don't exist. Chick on the internet, female gamer, asexual, Sebastian Vael fan... *slowly fades from reality* :ninja:

• Like 1

It's an awfully rare thing to be worth dev time.

It does raise the question, though. How hard would it be to have an option, at a sex scene, for example, to say 'i'm not really into that, but I still like you'.

The romance could continue as normal (after skipping the sex), while being inclusive towards asexuals. It'd one one conversation at most in terms of required dev time, not too heavy.

Edited by Yosharian

Ooooh, I love adding to the list of reasons I don't exist. Chick on the internet, female gamer, asexual, Sebastian Vael fan... *slowly fades from reality* :ninja:

Even after DAI? HOW?

I don't think its that bad. I think?

Edited by Ryz009

Even after DAI? HOW?

In all my DAI playthroughs, he spent the whole game chilling in Starkhaven and waiting for his wife to get back from saving the world/Fade/whatever. Not sure where all these strange rumors about invading Kirkwall came from. :-

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2

Even after DAI? HOW?

In all my DAI playthroughs, he spent the whole game chilling in Starkhaven and waiting for his wife to get back from saving the world/Fade/whatever. Not sure where all these strange rumors about invading Kirkwall came from. :-

:lol:

Ignorance is bliss indeed. :p

Well I had to port my rivalry Andersmance my god what a trainwreck that was. Also people on the old BSN forums got so salty I did it too. *cackles* The amount of times I got called a toxic abusive person that was a monster lmao. But yeah I wasn't pleased at what he did to Kirkwall. =]

It does raise the question, though. How hard would it be to have an option, at a sex scene, for example, to say 'i'm not really into that, but I still like you'.

The romance could continue as normal (after skipping the sex), while being inclusive towards asexuals. It'd one one conversation at most in terms of required dev time, not too heavy.

I think that's when Edér says it was nice knowing you and starts boning Xoti.

• Like 1

I think that's when Edér says it was nice knowing you and starts boning Xoti.

My salt. I'd just have to run and cry in Aloth's strong oddly bared arms.

• Like 1

Listen here, Obsidian "Entertainment". If I can't talk my way into a polyamorous relationship with all companions then I'm going to buy a whole lot of microtransactions for mobile games instead of your paltry DLC.