Change her dialogue how? To talk about how her adoptive family tried to murder her and you had to kill her brother who attacked you for trying to save her?

I much prefer the ale jokes. She's adorable, and minimal dialogue lets people roleplay her presence however you want. On that note, I would support an option to have her not appear if you want to play it that she died at Caed Nua or was given away for adoption.

No, just some simple and realistic things, like have her address you as father/mother/daddy/mommy/... and other things like a 5 year old would say. She speaks like a crew member, not your adoptive daughter. Let her ask to come along in a adventure, why she can't be on deck during ship battles and talk about your pets

(including the Concelhaut and Nemnok)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Change her dialogue how? To talk about how her adoptive family tried to murder her and you had to kill her brother who attacked you for trying to save her?

I much prefer the ale jokes. She's adorable, and minimal dialogue lets people roleplay her presence however you want. On that note, I would support an option to have her not appear if you want to play it that she died at Caed Nua or was given away for adoption.

No, just some simple and realistic things, like have her address you as father/mother/daddy/mommy/... and other things like a 5 year old would say. She speaks like a crew member, not your adoptive daughter. Let her ask to come along in a adventure, why she can't be on deck during ship battles and talk about your pets

(including the Concelhaut and Nemnok)

I repeat the bolded again. I thought her grown-up dialogue was fun.

Not that I would be against more interaction, maybe even a scene where you do ask her to call you mom/dad.

I repeat the bolded again. I thought her grown-up dialogue was fun.

Not that I would be against more interaction, maybe even a scene where you do ask her to call you mom/dad.

I said "change", but I didn't mean that. They can keep her currently lines, it is fun. Maybe we could get the option to stimulate or discourage that behavior. "Vela! What are you saying??? You are too young to drink!"

sign.jpg

What I did want was a chance to berate your crew for playing a "knife the orlan" game with a line about her specifically. You got to tell them to quit being lazy oafs, but it's not quite the same.

Yes, I bet they will add that eventually. Until then, I'll continue to cheat their money away. ;)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

There's a point when Aloth talks about needing to give Vela a proper education. When I heard that, I wanted to pull Aloth aside and ask him, "What's it going to cost me for you to drop the Leaden Key stuff, and stick around as her tutor for the foreseeable future?"  :grin:

Edited by Ascaloth
  • Like 8

There's a point when Aloth talks about needing to give Vela a proper education. When I heard that, I wanted to pull Aloth aside and ask him, "What's it going to cost me for you to drop the Leaden Key stuff, and stick around as her tutor for the foreseeable future?"  :grin:

Well, if you romance Aloth and tell him to forget about the Leaden Key, he basically becomes Vela's (step?)father, so....

Edited by Tarlonniel
  • Like 2