- sleep in the inventory while the party fought against dragons
- have fun while the elevator was fixed in Durgan's Battery tower

- stay quiet while sneaking in Adaryc's camp

- survive drowning in the end of WM2

- jump into the pit in Burial Isle

And she was just a baby. Imagine what she'll do in Deadfire. :blink:

• Like 3

sign.jpg

So, based on the latest update, Vela will have a talking sword as a mom. What could possible go wrong?

:D well if you want her to be a warrior she has a head start at least :p

She might end up being one. Obsidian is grooming her for something important in PoE 3. :yes:

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Unique life indeed. Look at the things she did in PoE1:

- go down the shaft in the ogre cave

- sleep in the inventory while the party fought against dragons

- have fun while the elevator was fixed in Durgan's Battery tower

- stay quiet while sneaking in Adaryc's camp

- survive drowning in the end of WM2

- jump into the pit in Burial Isle

And she was just a baby. Imagine what she'll do in Deadfire. :blink:

She's going to end up like Ciri from the Witcher series. Being raised by badasses tends to make you badass. Ok, Ciri had a supernatural bloodline, but Vela supposedly has a strong, leader's soul and is destined for greatness, so it's the SAME damnit!
  • Like 3

Btw. Vela didn't appear on streamers' games who imported saves which had the baby in the backpacks but she appeared in one streamer's stream who chose a premade save. Should be a bug which would surely prevent me from using my save :/

Spoiler below:

She should be on the first beach area near Eld Engrim, I'll check if she's there with imported save, if she's not I'll make a custom save...

Good thing about having crappy internet, I'll likely finish downloading the game after the day 1 patch comes out.

Day 1 patches are usually applied on the game from the get go, Hopefully they caught the bug tho.

edit: asked him about it: https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/173652711001/orlan-babies-arent-appearing-in-streamers-games

I’ve reported the bug, so we’ll be looking into it first thing tomorrow.

We did test endgame imports for the gamut of reactions, so I’m curious why this isn’t firing.

Edited by Quillon
  • Like 1

Well done. Hopefully they can address it in the first patch, because I'll be damned if my orlan child isn't appearing. I killed a (mostly) innocent man (in self defence) to 'save' her!

• Like 4

edit: asked him about it: https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/173652711001/orlan-babies-arent-appearing-in-streamers-games

I’ve reported the bug, so we’ll be looking into it first thing tomorrow.

We did test endgame imports for the gamut of reactions, so I’m curious why this isn’t firing.

I'm glad you reported it. Two more days and the game would be released with this massive bug. :sweat:

sign.jpg

Pack it boys, we're done, ggwp,no baby orlans means another delay, most important feature of the game.  

funny thing is am not sure if am serious or not about the last part :p .

Edited by HAWmaro
  • Like 1

Well honestly I would consider it a pretty "major" thing that I would LOVE to see in my initial playthrough... would be such a shame if that did not occur due to a silly flagging mistake(which I assume the bug is about). 

Well, it's unknown whether this will be fixed for release, but here are some options to try to make the baby orlan to appear:

1. Don't import a save file, instead choose all POE1 decisions from scratch during character creation.

2. Replay the quest in POE1 in specific order and complete the game. I've a seen post in another thread claiming that the flag isn't triggering because the quest is not completed in correct order. Apparently the correct order is to take the baby first and then kill the evil dude, not the other way around.

Edited by Aramintai

Think I will just created a new POE1 end save (picking my own choices) when I start POE2 tomorrow,

since I'm not happy with the way my end save for POE1 turned out (mainly a few decisions I had made).

Plus I really want the Orlan Baby to appear in my first playthrough of POE2.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

So... What is the obsession with bad parenting and child endangerment of some kid you stole? Do you just really want a young Orlan slave for this game or what?

Honestly confused- the only other inventory item I've seen people really want is Tidefall, and they're not nearly so obsessed about it.

Come on man, isn't it obvious? It's the chance to have a child in the game. How cool is that? Being responsible for a kid, whether you're acting like their parent or their older sibling or just their guardian, is unlike any other thing we can do in this game.

• Like 5

So... What is the obsession with bad parenting and child endangerment of some kid you stole? Do you just really want a young Orlan slave for this game or what?

Honestly confused- the only other inventory item I've seen people really want is Tidefall, and they're not nearly so obsessed about it.

It's an interesting opportunity for characterization of the Watcher, and an additional source of possible character motivations when interacting with quests.

In a word, roleplaying.

• Like 1