Well, to be fair the only place where Aerie could leave her baby was the Throne of Bhaal which doesn't sound like a great alternative to her backpack, what with that crazy imp enchanter, Cyric coming over to say hi and whatnot. Caed Nua, on the other hand, is perfectly safe! Save for the constant bandit invasions. And the Leaden Key finding their way into our basement like it's no big deal. And the xaurips. And the fampyr if you didn't kill him. And, as we now know, the walking adra statue. But otherwise perfectly safe. 

Just hire a wingless avariel cleric to carry the baby around on her back. Totally safe. That's what responsible adventurers do.

Well, that whole romance resolution was cringeworthiness on a whole other level. Hopefully there won't be anything like that in POE2.

And yea, carrying babies around while adventuring is quite stupid. Vela's quest should have been thought out more carefully.

Well, to be fair the only place where Aerie could leave her baby was the Throne of Bhaal which doesn't sound like a great alternative to her backpack, what with that crazy imp enchanter, Cyric coming over to say hi and whatnot. Caed Nua, on the other hand, is perfectly safe! Save for the constant bandit invasions. And the Leaden Key finding their way into our basement like it's no big deal. And the xaurips. And the fampyr if you didn't kill him. And, as we now know, the walking adra statue. But otherwise perfectly safe.

Life is struggle. Vela might as well learn to deal with the BS from an early age. I'm sure the inanimate steward, Korgrak and the mercenary mindstriker would raise her perfectly well in my absence...

Life is struggle. Vela might as well learn to deal with the BS from an early age. I'm sure the inanimate steward, Korgrak and the mercenary mindstriker would raise her perfectly well in my absence...

Don't forget the Fampyr and 'I just killed an entire innocent family, because some drunk guy complained' Bleak Walker  :w00t:

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you but I was great ful that Berath gave me an excuse to murder the entire blood sands sect, so after I poisoned Simoc I doubt Velas life was in immeadiate danger any more. In fact I feel that leaving her there to eventually take her right place as future leader for the five tribes was the right thing to do. Besides I got this feeling you take that baby anywhere near Thaos and bad things will happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see the option of the orphan given to Aufra of Gilded Vale, she is the pregnant women you meet who begs you to find a cure for her unborn child. She can breast feed the child and the town is lacking in children.

I would like to see the option of the orphan given to Aufra of Gilded Vale, she is the pregnant women you meet who begs you to find a cure for her unborn child. She can breast feed the child and the town is lacking in children.

Uhh, Dyrwoodans are pretty racist towards Orlans aren't they?

I think the woman who had her child killed by thugs in city would probably be a better choice (no tyrannical nutjob leader nearby either)

Edited by Juodas Varnas

I kept her, and want to raise her as a brutish warrior! Hope the game will allow that, or , at the very least, Vela will be in the second game 100%. :D 

So you stole the baby to make her into a child soldier?

You're horrible.  :w00t:

Well......my lesbian Druid/Barbarian Raider wants her legacy to live on! XDDDD Uhh...okay, come to think about it, it is kinda evil... xDDD

I kept her, and want to raise her as a brutish warrior! Hope the game will allow that, or , at the very least, Vela will be in the second game 100%. :D 

Well......my lesbian Druid/Barbarian Raider wants her legacy to live on! XDDDD Uhh...okay, come to think about it, it is kinda evil... xDDD

I mean most people around here try to justify taking her for her own good, that you're taking her away from a place that wants to make her into a refreshing beverage, but you don't even try to do that!

Stealing babies purely for selfish reasons. More than just 'kinda' evil  :w00t:

• Like 1

I mean most people around here try to justify taking her for her own good, that you're taking her away from a place that wants to make her into a refreshing beverage, but you don't even try to do that!

Stealing babies purely for selfish reasons. More than just 'kinda' evil  :w00t:

My character may not me moray good or whatever, but keeping a baby to raise her into a brute like yourself, makes for a good story, I think. xD *is a drama lama* Also, my character would act very protective of her, and would care for her in her own way. ^^ 

But ya, not gonna justify this, you're totally right. Stealing a baby is pretty bad.....though, for those who DO justify it, I'm sure it fits within their own imagination of what their character is like and what her or his motives are etc. :) PoE gives you a lot of room for this kind of imagination after all. ^^

• Like 1

I took her thinking, I wish I could give her to a good family. I'll headcanon that. Then when I read the survey options I saw wait what, that was a choice? Why did I not see that? I would have done that. Ah well, I guess now my new headcanon is she is living in Caed Nua with my extra companions while I am adventuring around.

I took her thinking, I wish I could give her to a good family. I'll headcanon that. Then when I read the survey options I saw wait what, that was a choice? Why did I not see that? I would have done that. Ah well, I guess now my new headcanon is she is living in Caed Nua with my extra companions while I am adventuring around.

Can I ask you which other choices there were? I know there are these three, but if there are more, please do share! ;

- Kindnap the baby.

- poison ...was Simion his name? Or kill him in the natural way.

- Sacrifice the Baby

Can I ask you which other choices there were? I know there are these three, but if there are more, please do share! ;

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

I poisoned Simoc(?) and then stole the baby, right before jumping down the death pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbBvBx4Ptg

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 5

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

I poisoned Simoc(?) and then stole the baby, right before jumping down the death pit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trbBvBx4Ptg

lmao! XD 

• Like 2

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

-Sacrifice the baby for Simoc

-Sacrifice the baby and kill Simoc (but why though?)

-Take baby, kill Simoc

-Take baby, don't kill Simoc

-Give baby to a good family, kill Simoc

-Ignore the quest

Those are the ones listed on the survey

• Like 2

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

-Take baby, kill Simoc

-Ignore the quest

You can give the baby to another fam?? HOW??

Edited by Tanjaxxx

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

-Take baby, kill Simoc

-Ignore the quest

I have no idea! I can't find it anywhere online. But 44% of people did it. That's why I was saying my Watcher would have done that, but I ain't replaying so Vela is living in Caed Nua now with my companions. Maybe someone else can illuminate.

- Kindnap the baby.

- Sacrifice the Baby

-Take baby, kill Simoc

-Ignore the quest

I have no idea! I can't find it anywhere online. But 44% of people did it. That's why I was saying my Watcher would have done that, but I ain't replaying so Vela is living in Caed Nua now with my companions. Maybe someone else can illuminate.

Well, then the 44% of people are good fer nuffin liars!

Unless killing Simoc but not stea.... RESCUING Vela is considered as "finding another family" for her.