Gonna be honest: I hate kids. Is there an option to put it up for adoption?

Or you could, you know, just not kidnap that baby.

I didn't actually. Which was why I was initially puzzled at all the "single mother" threads showing up on the forum.

• Like 1

Gonna be honest: I hate kids. Is there an option to put it up for adoption?

Or you could, you know, just not kidnap that baby.

I'm, like, 90% certain that if it has fur it's simply "steal" and not "kidnap".

Dillema:

• I am really fond of my characters in cRPGs, so I rarely replay them significantly different. Not all, but most choices I make are the choices I oftenly repeat.
  • In terms of roleplaying my character in PoE1 I tend to leave the orlan baby alone.
  • I am really REALLY eager to find out what are the consequences for kidnapping that fluffy girl.

Damn you, Obsidian :banghead:

What do. 

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I have another dilemma: it would kinda make sense for my character to want to care for a child/adopt a kid, but she's a pacifist so it wouldn't make much sense to kill a nice guy to get to keep that baby. Why can't he just see what a good mother I would be? :(

@Heijoushin: well your problem is solved then since you won't have any child to put (or not) to adoption.

@Katarack21: sadly not, otherwise I would have some handsome men in my basement already (the jail time for stealing being way inferior to the kidnapping sentence).

It has been confirmed by Josh that taking the baby will have consequences, and a big one.

He mentioned it in one his Dev Stream, I think it was Deadfire Q&A with Josh Sawyer and Bobby Null, but I'm not quite sure.

Dillema:

• I am really fond of my characters in cRPGs, so I rarely replay them significantly different. Not all, but most choices I make are the choices I oftenly repeat.
  • In terms of roleplaying my character in PoE1 I tend to leave the orlan baby alone.
  • I am really REALLY eager to find out what are the consequences for kidnapping that fluffy girl.

Damn you, Obsidian :banghead:

What do. 

Steal it of course. 

I have another dilemma: it would kinda make sense for my character to want to care for a child/adopt a kid, but she's a pacifist so it wouldn't make much sense to kill a nice guy to get to keep that baby. 

Lliras attacks you no matter what you do or say after taking the baby.  I don't think he's all that nice either considering he wants to secretly poison in father instead of handling it another way.  I took the baby so she wouldn't have to deal with that kind of drama.  I had no intention of being somebody's assassin nor someone baby murderer.

Edited by bonarbill

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly the last slide in the ending slide show says 'you really shouldn't have brought that Orlan Baby down there'

So not only will there be a 3-5 year old Orlan, but a weird magic baby Orlan (Maybe something like the Elder God Baby from Dragon Age?)

My money is Ethoas takes it, or something like that.

Or you have to deal with having an Orlan Baby on your ship. Which would be weird.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

Its been a while, but if I remember correctly the last slide in the ending slide show says 'you really shouldn't have brought that Orlan Baby down there'

So not only will there be a 3-5 year old Orlan, but a weird magic baby Orlan (Maybe something like the Elder God Baby from Dragon Age?)

My money is Ethoas takes it, or something like that.

Or you have to deal with having an Orlan Baby on your ship. Which would be weird.

Instead of the Od Nua statue you are chasing a giant Orlan Baby across the seas!

EDIT: Hang on, would a Giant Orlan be essentially a normal-sized human or elf, in the same way a miniature version of a giant space hamster is a normal hamster?

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

What's five years in Orlans years?

Oh hell, it's the only thing worse than a five year old kid.... a teenager.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

It has been confirmed by Josh that taking the baby will have consequences, and a big one.

He mentioned it in one his Dev Stream, I think it was Deadfire Q&A with Josh Sawyer and Bobby Null, but I'm not quite sure.

Carrie Patel also slipped that Eder names the baby.

Hmn. Maybe he might also have fostered it in Dyrford if certain endings align.

• Like 2

Carrie Patel also slipped that Eder names the baby.

Hmn. Maybe he might also have fostered it in Dyrford if certain endings align.

But isn't her name Vela? Or Eder gives her second name?

I hope it's not the heartwracking guilt of raising her for five years just to have her crushed under the feet of a giant statue. :(

Edited by Heartsib
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Any option talking to Lliras after taking Vela gave me Honest +1.

As I'm preparing Aggressive, Cruel, Deceptive character for PoE II - that was not an option.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't kill Vela if she already exists, please.

Look for Rhin from Torment: Tides of Numenera as she is one of the most likeable characters in the game. There is huge potential for exploring such themes as motherhood and fatherhood, especially if Vela has something in common with Eothas. Just don't kill her at beginning. Don't waste potential for good story, please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know that there will be consequences for stealing the baby in pillars 1 http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Sacrificial_Bloodlines 

but is it still going to be just a useless item? 

I would like it to scrub the deck, because it's already 4 years old by now right? 

(I made a play-through just so i could take the baby)

What would you like to happen with the baby?

It will be cool to adopt the baby, and, depending on your reputations and decitions the baby could have a different personality based on your carácter. Iknow my stakes are to high but obsidian always fullfill.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would have a journal/scrapbook the Watcher salvages from the ruins Cad Nua that is used to update quests and has notes that mention these decisions so they are put to rest. As for the child, I would give the child up for adoption to someone in Gilded Vale; they have been struck hard by the hollowborn sickness and a new child would help the community.

• 6 months later...

I would have a journal/scrapbook the Watcher salvages from the ruins Cad Nua that is used to update quests and has notes that mention these decisions so they are put to rest. As for the child, I would give the child up for adoption to someone in Gilded Vale; they have been struck hard by the hollowborn sickness and a new child would help the community.

What? No way. I'm a feudal *Godlike* lord (who may be on the market for a new fiefdom, but still). I need a god damn heir.