I know that there will be consequences for stealing the baby in pillars 1 http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Sacrificial_Bloodlines 

but is it still going to be just a useless item? 

I would like it to scrub the deck, because it's already 4 years old by now right? 

(I made a play-through just so i could take the baby)

What would you like to happen with the baby?

Keep her in inventory as a pet but have her get acknowledged during appropriate interactions/dialogue ala Concelhaut's skull with Llengrath. I'd also like them to allow you to do something with the essence potion if you actually did have the Ethik Nol sacrifice her but fed Simoc the poison anyway. 

On a somewhat unrelated note, how are the orlan baby and Gordy not Hollowborn anyway? I don't recall this coming up in conversation about the orlan baby, and Gordy didn't strike me as a teenager or someone born outside the Dyrwood.

Edited by blotter
  • Like 2

Pfff spoilers. Tehehe. We just don't care. What to spoil if there's no game yet?

Yeap, we all know there are consequences for taking the baby with you, but have no clue what they are.  So anything anyone posts in relation to baby consequences (unless they aren't talking about Eora) is just making stuff up.

On a somewhat unrelated note, how are the orlan baby and Gordy not Hollowborn anyway? I don't recall this coming up in conversation about the orlan baby, and Gordy didn't strike me as a teenager or someone born outside the Dyrwood.

It didn't happen to everyone. As I understand it, it was a chance thing based on your proximity to the Engwithan machines. They mention a few times about it not hitting Eir Glanfath at all. 

• Like 1

Yes, I do recall more fringe areas having normal births if the Leaden Key didn't stay on top of targeting them, but given that this was within Twin Elms, a rather significant Glanfathan city, I'd have thought that if they had been away long enough for the orlan baby to be born with a soul, there'd have been others and it'd be remarked upon.

5 years have passed since end of PoE. This means it's not a baby, it's a five year old child.

Can you handle a five year old child? I think none of you are prepared for it.

I have three kids, one of them is five years old. I guess I'm pretty prepared to pull the orlan brat's ears. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Lol, I'm a father of a 4 year old and a 6 year old as well. I think I'll be able to manage. What if they made the child occupy your pet slot and you couldn't unequip it. Maybe you could only free the slot if the child died in combat, but could you live with yourself? You'd do your damndest to protect it through every battle. Terrible idea, but an interesting concept.

• Like 2

What's five years in Orlans years?

Roasted orlan I presume. ;)

I mean it can't be too complicated. Like, you throw him a bone every once in a while (or whatever Orlans eat), and maybe you can attach a backpack to it so it can carry some of your junk. I'm really looking forward to it. 

Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, you pale, furless bastards. As an Orlan ex-slave, I have one thing to say.

One of these day's you'll all choke on your own whip.