Goblin Warchanter

MonkeyBytes

Question

3 answers to this question

I'm immediately going into battle without a Wisdom check, so weapons are always locked.

Try using a weapon anyway.

At some point in the history of this app, Warchanter behavior changed from:

Roll for wisdom upon encounter

to

Roll for wisdom only if you intend to use one of the prohibited card types

If you try playing a weapon, it should prompt a wisdom check and then behave as expected.

Yup, Warchanter was changes, and now sends you directly straight to combat, but if you check both "chained" spells and cards with the attack trait, you'll see the "blue halo" around them that shows they're playable. Once you click on them you'll be able to make the needed Wisdom roll.

Yup, Warchanter was changes, and now sends you directly straight to combat, but if you check both "chained" spells and cards with the attack trait, you'll see the "blue halo" around them that shows they're playable. Once you click on them you'll be able to make the needed Wisdom roll.

If I recall correctly, the reason for the change was that it was getting to be a nuisance when a Warchanter popped up and you had multiple characters at that location. Every character had to roll for wisdom whether they could even assist in the check or not.  

The fix was to only wisdom-check characters playing prohibited cards  This modified behavior also extends to the other "Warchanter-like" banes with similar powers.  I forget when the change happened, but I think it was sometime before AD5 was released.