There will be a Final Save transfer.

Oh dear. I suppose I'll have to actually finish PoE then.

They've also said that you will be able to set all the world states through character creation so importing the final save is only really important if you have a character you're really attached to and care about the continuity.

• Like 1

What exactly transfers over from PoE?

At the very least the end state of the companions,

what you choose to do with the souls, if you betrayed any of the gods, and if you kidnapped (and kept) the Orlan baby.

I assume that if it is covered in the ending slides, and is not 100% contained to the Dyrwood, it is likely to get a passing mention.

Edited by Night Stalker

what you choose to do with the souls, if you betrayed any of the gods, and if you kidnapped (and kept) the Orlan baby.

I assume that if it is covered in the ending slides, and is not 100% contained to the Dyrwood, it is likely to get a passing mention.

Also, the white march choices.

• 6 months later...

I just realized that my current "best" playthrough probably will not give me the ending I want for my PoE2 run. I haven't got the time to replay the entire game and now I wonder how many decisions will be transferring.  What I would like now would be a save transfer but with a possibility to alter a thing or two in it.

Unless some of you guys know a way to alter the animancy hearings long past them?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Can I change the appearance of a watcher after save has been transferred?

I am pretty sure you will have to. All assets are new so you will have to recreate you character. You will be able to change class for sure (after all misterious stuff happens and you are back at square 1). During the stream Josh said that they are not sure if they will allow you to change your race/background (probably not) but if they do, there will be a story reason for it.

I imagine that they'll try to link the old assets to the new assets to minimize having to reset it to where it was. I don't see how changing the watchers race would make sense even if there was a story reason for it.

Changing background would be fine though and it could reflect the last five years or something.

I don't know, having beaten Eternity again to prep for Eternity 2 I am a little curious how all this will work.  There is no "beaten the game" save.  You can save right before you initiate the ending sequence, but you make your final choice as part of that.  Will the final choice just not factor in at all, or will you be forced to pick it no matter what?

I think it might be something similar to the way the newgame+ feature works in Tyranny (and possibly other games). I recall that it's supposed to make a special and hidden save right at the endgame which PoE2 will be able to read and transfer. The function is already in I believe and has been for a while (don't know how long), which is why we can make new games right now of stuff with endings that we want to transfer to PoE2 while we wait for PoE2.

I don't know, having beaten Eternity again to prep for Eternity 2 I am a little curious how all this will work.  There is no "beaten the game" save.  You can save right before you initiate the ending sequence, but you make your final choice as part of that.  Will the final choice just not factor in at all, or will you be forced to pick it no matter what?

Didn't them dev guys said that there is such a file but somehow hidden?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Gah, I have to finish TWM, too?

I backed POE1 and haven't finished it because I just don't care about the story, and I backed POE2 for some reason anyway. I'm trying to finish it by sticking mainly to the main quest line.

Gah, I have to finish TWM, too?

I backed POE1 and haven't finished it because I just don't care about the story, and I backed POE2 for some reason anyway. I'm trying to finish it by sticking mainly to the main quest line.

You don't have to do anything. From what was said save from the first game is not recommended in any way, unless you really want to continue that particular character. You will be able to define all the choices when starting new game without a save anyway.

That said, White March is worth it. In my humble opinion it is the best content in the game especially the monastry in WM part II.

• Like 2

Yeah, the monastry is up there with Raedric's hold for the best area in Pillars. Mainly because there are so many ways to play it. 

I am pretty sure you will have to. All assets are new so you will have to recreate you character. You will be able to change class for sure (after all misterious stuff happens and you are back at square 1). During the stream Josh said that they are not sure if they will allow you to change your race/background (probably not) but if they do, there will be a story reason for it.

It would be quite easy to justify changing your race/sex. Just have your soul fly off into another body. Given that memories are stored in the soul, changing background would be more tricky. Any your class is just your job. Outside of cipher, which actually requires a specific ability (but if you're body switching they can handwave that away anyway), they seem like things anyone could do with the right training.

Edited by CottonWolf

Yeah, the monastry is up there with Raedric's hold for the best area in Pillars. Mainly because there are so many ways to play it. 

It would be quite easy to justify changing your race/sex. Just have your soul fly off into another body. Given that memories are stored in the soul, changing background would be more tricky. Any your class is just your job. Outside of cipher, which actually requires a specific ability (but if you're body switching they can handwave that away anyway), they seem like things anyone could do with the right training.

:sorcerer:  "soul magic!"