So what happens now after fig campaign? What is the backer portal? Is it now a time for waiting so that OE can organize everything?

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

About that backer portal, I'll just ask here. It says you are supposed to be able to login to the portal using credentials from these forums but atleast I can't. Well I didn't ask anything but just saying.

Edit: Works now, might have been my mistake.

Edited by dragubaba

About that backer portal, I'll just ask here. It says you are supposed to be able to login to the portal using credentials from these forums but atleast I can't. Well I didn't ask anything but just saying.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue

This was also a question I had. Those that pledge on fig, how are they going to se the progress of PayPal, and the amount that raise...

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

For me it worked. Logged into the Backer portal with my forum name and password and then backed via Paypal (thanks for the possibility!).

The Devs said on fig that they will doing updates on Fig and on the Backer Portal Emails on how the Paypal progression goes and if new stretch goals are hit.

Again thank you Obisidian for making POE1 and a very good campaign on Fig. I await Deadfire! ...and have to buy a better graphic device, when I see footage of the actual game. ;-)

It took a few hours for my CC to get charged by fig. The backer portal clearly says it can take up to 30 days for your fig data to get imported. I would expect any coupons or keys will be available then. Patience

Edited by mothra

Do you have any idea when the PoE I keys from the Complete Pillars bundle on Fig will be distributed?

I am eager to start playing :-)

Thanks.

Once they move the FIG pledges to the backer portal and you fill out your survey. Should take between 2 weeks and a month.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

@messier

i believe obsidian secure $2M fig investment quite early and later expaneded another $250K for it. A huge amount was released prior to the closure of the campaign and hence the huge spike in it.

anyhow.. i'm more interested in more videos and content updates about the development of the game. i'm wondering what's the frequency would it be? once big update once a month? at this point i'm seriously hungry for game related information.

anyhow.. i'm more interested in more videos and content updates about the development of the game. i'm wondering what's the frequency would it be? once big update once a month? at this point i'm seriously hungry for game related information.

That's a good question.

For Project Eternity, they released a regular flow of updates weekly or every other week for the first few months through pre-production before it slowed to every three weeks. Currently they are past the pre-production stage and are well into production so the principal devs may have less time to provide regular substantial conceptual updates.

Hopefully now that they have Aarik and Mikey as dedicated Community and PR managers, we can still see regular (and substantial) updates.

Edited by Leferd

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Personally I'd like one big meaty update once a month. Means that they don't have to worry about it most of the time.

I have to disagree. These updates can certainly take some time, but maybe they should spread it out more frequently with smaller updates focusing on the different departments. One update is art related, then design, then something involving lore, then a cool technical programming feature, etc.,...

This way, the community can remain engaged and excited over the course and life of the project through updates and regular interaction. Part of the reason many of the regulars on these boards stayed on over the years from the Black Isle days and Obsidian's fan group in general is so passionate was due to the engagement that different developers have partaken with us here in the forums. Crowdfunding presents a unique opportunity in that they don't have a publisher or IP-holder to tell them they can't release this info or that. 

• Like 4

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

@ThatUndeadLegacy You don't need to do that - Obsidian is going to import that data to the backer portal. They'll identify us by our email adress.

Balls! I used a different email address for my Fig pledge than I use for the Obsidian forum.

Maybe you can still change it? i checked and you can change your email address here, that's nice. 

Edited by ThatUndeadLegacy

I haven't been able to sign in after multiple attempts either, including several password resets. I tried their service e-mail address, but they weren't able to help. Something is definitely effed up on their end. At this rate I may just wait until it's released.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I changed my backer portal email successfully a week ago or so (wanted to match Fig's.) I guess you could register a new account, then write Obsidian and tell them email X on Fig is to be matched to email Y on the backer portal.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I hope the emails don't have to be the same and there's some other way to connect the fig pledge to the backer portal. I use different email addresses for every account I have. But if I remember correctly that was no problem when I backed Lords of the Eastern Reach at Kickstarter.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I haven't been able to sign in after multiple attempts either, including several password resets. I tried their service e-mail address, but they weren't able to help. Something is definitely effed up on their end. At this rate I may just wait until it's released.

Nope, it was my browser (or one of my security add-ons). I temporarily switched to a different browser and I was able to sign in.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."