Adding more Orders/Gods for Paladins/Priests

Hello Forum!

I have been wondering if there could be more options to choose from when building our Priests and Paladins, those elements make the classes not only more diverse through unique abilities but also really flavorful for those who enjoy RPing. Being that there are 11 gods that we know of and only 5 to pick in PoE 1 it would be cool to see more added. Introducing new paladin orders that could be native to the Deadfire archipelago would also be interesting. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

I'd be excited for more Paladin orders. I tend towards the Shieldbearers and Wayfarers as is. I'd also prefer if the orders were a bit more present in the game. Like Bleakwalkers were actually characters we interacted with, Goldpacts were frequent enemies, Wayfarers were pretty commonly referenced in items and the keep quests. The other orders seem completely absent from the game outside of your character and even the aforementioned orders could use some more presence. 

As for orders that could be added I would say Crucible Knights would be a good choice as they are unlikely to be a plot element this time around and are very familiar to us as players. I doubt they want to let us be a member of the Five Suns since our favorite Avian Godlike is back. We would probably want to avoid the deeply religious ones to avoid overlap with priests. So yeah, Crucible Knights are probably the big one I could see them adding since their order is largely not religious even if they do have a patron deity. Otherwise they might need to invent new ones. Just my thoughts.

I believe it has already been confirmed that for Priests and Paladins, Deities and Orders are their subclasses. I also seem to recall that Josh said they wouldn't be adding more, although I think that was before we reached the "3 subclasses for each class" stretch goal, so perhaps they'll get more thanks to that. I woudn't count on it though.

What does seem likely to me is that the differences between them will be magnified. We've already been told that each Deity will grant unique spells to their Priest for example.

• Like 3

I'm crossing my fingers for this. Any of Hylea/Gawain/Abydon would interest me. I've avoided playing a priest of Eothas because it seemed like it would be too close the the main storyline somehow, and the other current gods don't fit my playstyle terribly well.

I enjoy several of the current paladin options, but it also seems like paladin orders can vary a great deal depending on region and culture. It seems like it would only make sense that Deadfire would have an order or two that wouldn't be seen elsewhere. Some sort of combination of piracy and paladins could be pretty interesting, perhaps a bit more freewheeling and more inclined to be self-employed than the Bleak Walkers.

My best guess is instead of subclasses priests and pallies will get more gods and orders. I could be wrong though. Hoping for Abydon.

am recalling from a twitch-- no new gods or orders.

could be wrong, but is how we recall.  idea were to increase reactivity to existing rather than adding more. priests will have more limited spell catalogs and will be a deity-based limit. 

however, am much wanting a faithless priest option. turns out magran were blind to durance in poe 1.  also, durance could continue to contribute to your party in poe 1 even if he lost faith in magran. so, a faithless priest already has precedent. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

In addition to Durance's example, priests are explicitly stated to draw their powers from their beliefs rather than receiving them from the gods. As long as they have faith in something other than the gods, the lore should accommodate the idea of a godless priest. 

• Like 1

I thought josh confirmed that Woedica would be a priest option now... Maybe I'm misremembering.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I thought josh confirmed that Woedica would be a priest option now... Maybe I'm misremembering.

didn't follow the ama today, but otherwise, 'ccording to the twitch stuff, it were a no on additional orders and gods.

HA! Good Fun!

ps missed half o' the most recent twitch too.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I believe it has already been confirmed that for Priests and Paladins, Deities and Orders are their subclasses. I also seem to recall that Josh said they wouldn't be adding more, although I think that was before we reached the "3 subclasses for each class" stretch goal, so perhaps they'll get more thanks to that. I woudn't count on it though.

What does seem likely to me is that the differences between them will be magnified. We've already been told that each Deity will grant unique spells to their Priest for example.

So orders count as sub-classes for pallies? I didn´t know that. Shame, i wanted to do a Paladin/Ranger that could be "holier than thou" while shooting you in the face with a pistol. Oh well i did it anyway in PoE I, might as well do it again.

My best guess is instead of subclasses priests and pallies will get more gods and orders. I could be wrong though. Hoping for Abydon.

Fingers crossed for Abydon, fav deity alongside Rymrgand!