Is Ydwin yandere or tsundere?

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is Ydwin's anime personality?

• Yandere (◕‿◕)
    • Tsundere (◣_◢)

There should be several more options in the poll, at least these:

- Both.

- We will never see Ydwin.

- I'm playing solo only.

So much people care about these NPCs... why?

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

Counter-counterpoint: Your mom. :p (Please don't hate me).

Joke’s on you. My mom is your mom.

[pokerface]

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Here, all this time, I thought Ydwin was a guy. Intuitively, the name should probably be Ydwen for a female.

Not sure why you'd think that...

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Here, all this time, I thought Ydwin was a guy. Intuitively, the name should probably be Ydwen for a female.

Probably because of the St. Ydwen's Redeemer, she was a woman:

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/St._Ydwen%27s_Redeemer

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Probably because of the St. Ydwen's Redeemer, she was a woman:

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/St._Ydwen%27s_Redeemer

Ah, I figured it was fairly typical spelling deviation for the same name. Like Erik and Eric, Ann and Anne, John and Jon, Katherine and Catherine, etc.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Oh good lord do I ever agree with you on Zaeed and Jack. I imagine the writers' meeting to have gone something like this: "Ok people, we need edgier companions. Like, really, really edgy."

I don't know Zaeed didn't bother me all that much, he was the Bioware version of a sidekick just a DLC character.  He had way less dialog and such than everyone else.  Jack though?  Yeah....

But for me the absolute king of the hill was.... Ashley Williams.  The most satisfying moment from any of those games is leaving her to buy it in on Virmine in Mass Effect 1.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 1

OK, so now this thread is officialy "Mass Effect companion thread" because I need to know something - for science!

(besides, let's be honest - this yoondaray tsoondaray BS was never meant to last)

Why Ashley Williams gets so much dissing? Because in my playthroughs I kinda treated Ash and Kaidan on the same level.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Well, Ashley came across as a bit of a racist. Not so much as Cerberus, but more like your racist grandpa that makes you cringe in public. Kaidan on the other hand was a bit of a whiner, and didn't have much depth beyond that. Though if I was to be honest, none of the ME1 companions were that good (apart from Wrex waifu). Everyone was just more defined in ME2

• Like 2

OK, so now this thread is officialy "Mass Effect companion thread" because I need to know something - for science!

(besides, let's be honest - this yoondaray tsoondaray BS ain't gonna last)

Why Ashley Williams gets so much dissing? Because in my playthroughs I kinda treated Ash and Kaidan on the same level.

I'm with you on Ashley.  Even my girlfriend hates her and I'm like "What?"  I hear its her racism, though I think a lot of that is misinterpretation of her dog metaphor, people seem to think she is equating aliens to dogs yet actually she is saying it is the humans that are the dog in her metaphor, as she thinks the aliens would sacrifice humanity for their own survival just like humans would sacrifice a dog to save their own lives.  Kaidan and Ashley are both clearly little more than just a showcase of the two main human viewpoints in the game, "Tolerant Progressive Human" and "Pro-Independence Human", as infodump characters.

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Think I've just lost some brain cells reading this thread... ;( 

And I'm not even drunk.

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Kaiden is a bro and Ashley is a ****.  Pretty obvious why character I sacrified. 

If by "bro" you mean "boring ****" and by "****" you mean "one cool ass mother****er" then yeah, you're right.

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 2

(besides, let's be honest - this yoondaray tsoondaray BS was never meant to last)

Because she was the worst class in the game and Kaidan could do the ME equivalent of picking locks.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Because she was the worst class in the game

Please. Max out Immunity and Shield Boost, and Ashley Williams is a ****ing combat beast. And she doesn't make you want to blow your own head off from sheer boredom, which is nice.

Because she was the worst class in the game

Please. Max out Immunity and Shield Boost, and Ashley Williams is a ****ing combat beast. And she doesn't make you want to blow your own head off from sheer boredom, which is nice.

The elevator rides already did that and I just took Garrus and Wrex anyways.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

O Mass Effect threads (Computer and Console Forum)
|
O Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussions (NO SPOILERS) (You are here)

Compare and contrast is fine, but until Ydwin shows up as a companion for the Pathfinder in ME:Andromeda or until Eora is threatened by Reapers, discussing ME by itself is off-topic to this forum.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

O Mass Effect threads (Computer and Console Forum)

|

O Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire General Discussions (NO SPOILERS) (You are here)

Compare and contrast is fine, but until Ydwin shows up as a companion for the Pathfinder in ME:Andromeda or until Eora is threatened by Reapers, discussing ME by itself is off-topic to this forum.

As long as Obsidian did the writing I would buy that, reapers might actually be done right in that case...

Yeah super-tech opponents popping up in a high magic world could be interesting even if it wasn't literally the Reapers.

Could even bring in the idea of magic and tech not sitting well with each other similar to Arcanum (but hopefully not as broken).

Probably not really a Pillars game (or ME) at that point, but it could be interesting.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah super-tech opponents popping up in a high magic world could be interesting even if it wasn't literally the Reapers.

Could even bring in the idea of magic and tech not sitting well with each other similar to Arcanum (but hopefully not as broken).

Probably not really a Pillars game (or ME) at that point, but it could be interesting.

the thread itself is kinda farcical, no?  anime trope applicability to obsidian's goth-fetish glasses girl?

"if eder were a dr. seuss character, what sort of pet would be most appropriate to him?"

"will poe2 aloth be obsidian's dragon age 2 anders?"

trying to keep such stuff firm anchored in poe is possible, but might not be worth the effort.  though to be fair, we never thought the thread would last more than three pages, much less eight.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)