Is Ydwin yandere or tsundere?

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is Ydwin's anime personality?

• Yandere (◕‿◕)
    • Tsundere (◣_◢)

They thought you'd appreciate fresh fish instead of a cold fish. Personally I prefer to learn how to fish.

Apparently, Ydwin is fond of fishing, so you can't get that waifu without knowledge about it.

I've had enough of this fishiness, it offends minnows. Cod we get off it? Will you at least Mullet over and get back to me? I'm a pascifish so I don't want to argue the matter any further.

• Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I don't know what yandere means, but if it has anything to do with that yandere game and its creepy borderline pedo developer, I want no part of it.

It comes from the words 病む (yamu - note that it's written with the kanji for "illness") and デレデレ (lovey-dovey as moose-kun explains above). So I understand it as lovey-dovey, with a hint of mental instability. Which is why yandere characters often end up murdering someone before the series is over.

tsundere is just a normal person who is brooding and can't show vulnerability at first

yandere is pure trash

Tsundere is basically the emotional maturity of a preteen. You know, bully the kid you like.

Yandere is what we might call a "creepy stalker" in the west.

So I was in the process of photoshoping a piece of toast into Ydwin's mouth when I realized that was a road even I couldn't go down.

• Like 8

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I have seen plenty of japanese animation that are triumphs in art or pleasant explorations into the fantastic, but to indulge in a genre so played out and simplistic in its narrative execution that the basic tropes of human characterization can be discerned on sight or succinctly with one word, why bother watching it or continuing to make it?

Did that make sense or has thread affected my brain more heavily than I thought?  ;)

• Like 8

I have seen plenty of japanese animation that are triumphs in art or pleasant explorations into the fantastic, but to indulge in a genre so played out and simplistic in its narrative execution that the basic tropes of human characterization can be discerned on sight or succinctly with one word, why bother watching it or continuing to make it?

Did that make sense or has thread affected my brain more heavily than I thought?  ;)

That makes perfect sense. The actual good anime like Death Note and Full Metal Alchemist focus on their own unique concepts (yeah, they have a drop of fan service, but not to the distraction of the main plot), whereas trash anime is just a collection of tropes so simplistic that you can sum them up in single words.

Im with you on that one. Heck, my avatar is even from a manga that stands on equal ground with the best of western comics. The problem is that most of what the majority of the anime community obsesses over is just so baaaaad. Ex: Kill La Kill, One Punch Man, Erase, etc

• Like 1

Man I read this thread because I wanted full context before I goofed on it. I ended up with knowledge that lowered my own self respect for knowing it. 

*channel Liz Lemon*

Shut it down.

Welcome to Internet, leave your sanity away from keyboard :cat:

TVTropes exists, maybe we should stop writing stories :)

Edited by tinysalamander
  • Like 1

Pillars of Bugothas

It's not like you can't level the same acusations at a depressing majority of any media, be it books, movies, comics, sit-coms (especially) or even computer games. You know what they say, 99% of everything is trash...

I seriously think anime only sticks out more because it had TV-tropes-like terminology (because (for most of us) it's Foreign) a couple of decades before TV Tropes existed.

On topic: I actually have no idea. Though being a sort of person naturally drawn towards necromancy...

(it is my quiet frustration that all the arguments about inclusivity and what races and such, no-one ever lets ME play a Lich, fragdammit)

... I have suspicion that there is a fair possilbilty it sort of won't matter to me or my watcher...!

I'm sure they will.

As many people have observed, to paraphrase King Arthur from That One Film...

*cut to shots of various yandere and tsundere characters singing a song about round furniture and dancing whenever they are able*

...this thread is a silly place.

Is it bad that I now want to say a rendition of that song done with the Watcher and the companions...?

Edited by Aotrs Commander
  • Like 1