Is Ydwin yandere or tsundere?

68 members have voted

1. 1. What is Ydwin's anime personality?

• Yandere (◕‿◕)
    • Tsundere (◣_◢)

I don't understand this poll or many of the replies

Can someone please explain what's going on in here?

we could, but you would never forgive us.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 10

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

All Xoti, Pallegina, Maia and Ydwin are femine. Since women can come in many classes and races.

Pal is down to duty, but she may care. And Maia's best friend is giant bird, so she may be not the best speaker, but still can have heart of gold. Xoti cares about people probably.

Also none character need to fallow some macho/loli archetype. As long as they are believable, somehow interesting and could fit player party it is ok.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

Her pretty anime appearance is a reason to love her more, not less.

It is easy to love Ydwin when other female companions are masculine ones.

This ****. This **** right here. This **** is why I develop such hatred for fans.

• Like 13

Pallegina has a stern attitude towards those in violation of her morals, but to my experience at least she's never been aggressive or stern with the Watcher per se.

Also, yeah, don't see how Pallegina or Xoti aren't feminine, or how the "lack of feminity" might make a woman less attractive.

Edited by algroth
  • Like 5

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Dear people who think Ydwin is "more feminine" than the other lady companions:

Huh?

Have... Have you guys ever seen how butch women dress and behave before? Ydwin's dresses like a soft butch if I've ever seen one.

I think you guys are just projecting because she's an elf.

• Like 1

Her pretty anime appearance is a reason to love her more, not less.

It is easy to love Ydwin when other female companions are masculine ones.

You haven't met three of these characters yet, including Ydwin! It's entirely possible that in her case, "pleasant" means that she's affably crude and that half her lines include belching. It's also entirely possible that Maia is a girly girl. And that's without getting into all sorts of complicated discussions about what "masculine" and "feminine" even mean.

If you just mean that you find her character art more attractive, why not just say that? It's a perfectly fine reason to be interested in a character, especially since we know little about any of these companions, and all of them may change by the time the game is released.

Dear people who think Ydwin is "more feminine" than the other lady companions:

Huh?

Have... Have you guys ever seen how butch women dress and behave before? Ydwin's dresses like a soft butch if I've ever seen one.

I think you guys are just projecting because she's an elf.

Soft butch...? Whatever she is, that is not how I'd describe it...

• Like 4

Xoti and Pallegina are masculine?

They are athletic. Which you know, in some people's minds is masculine.

Maia is definitely the catch. imo. Just I doubt she is a good kisser :/

Never mind kissing... what about that other thing?

Yiiikes... those sharkteeth (T_T)

We all know that the campaign will either break 5m anyway, or get close then Obs will announce Ydwin goal met on back of post-campaign pledges.

Queue months of omg squee i dream of her winking at me while killing monsters and doing animacy!!!111

• Like 3

We all know that the campaign will either break 5m anyway, or get close then Obs will announce Ydwin goal met on back of post-campaign pledges.

Queue months of omg squee i dream of her winking at me while killing monsters and doing animacy!!!111

Josh has stated that they are afraid of any more companions... so I don't think that they will introduce Ydwin even if we get to 4.9 million...

Pal is down to duty, but she may care. And Maia's best friend is giant bird, so she may be not the best speaker, but still can have heart of gold. Xoti cares about people probably.

So does Ydwin - as long as they're dead.

• Like 1

The owls are not what they seem.

anigif_original-grid-image-30521-1377122

Don't be presumptuous, they could be Kuudere, Dandere, Deredere, Himedere, Mayadere, Kamidere, Undere or Oujidere instead. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

I don't understand this poll or many of the replies

Can someone please explain what's going on in here?

You and me both.

Simple Explanation: "Silliness."

Essential Explanation: "Anime inspired Silliness."

Complex Explanation: "Dere, and varied types of Dere, are descriptors meant to outline one of several Dere character archetypes. Dere itself would be an over-archetype of the various Dere archetypes (tsun, kuu, kun, yan, etc). Dere being one of many over-archetypes (note; as in, not the only) used to describe characters in a word, without actually getting into the details of a specific character. Such a thing does not define character, as there is still room for variation within each archetype." . . . "Also, this thread is silly, and most of the replies are silly, so the simply explanation is actually the most outright informative explanation."

Edited by grumpymoose
  • Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

- Pride and Prejudice

Essentially the Jerk with a Heart of Gold and Bitch in Sheep's Clothing tropes. But you know how every subculture needs to make up their own words.

Well, silliness aside, Tsundere, for example, is derived from the Japanese word Tsun Tsun, "ツンツン" meaning to turn away in disgust, and Dere Dere, "デレデレ" meaning to become lovey dovey. It is indeed a made up word derived from actual Japanese words, consider it slang. Slang that evolved well beyond that one term, and well beyond, "Dere" even. So, a sub-culture of people within Japanese culture formed slang words from actual Japanese words, which foreign fanbases of particular products eventually adopted, because, well, they're fans.

Fanbases do such things. There really isn't any reason the Japanese originators of the terminology would have used Western tropes or Western words to describe things unless they were just fans of something brought over from the West (which happens). Cross cultural pollination of ideas and language is fun.

Edited by grumpymoose
  • Like 5

- Pride and Prejudice

OP butchered the definition of yandere. It comes from the words 病む (yamu - note that it's written with the kanji for "illness") and デレデレ (lovey-dovey as moose-kun explains above). So I understand it as lovey-dovey, with a hint of mental instability. Which is why yandere characters often end up murdering someone before the series is over.

Disclaimer: Don't actually want anime tropes in PoE2, just participating in this thread for the lulz.

post-65653-0-72236900-1487979556_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OP butchered the definition of yandere. It comes from the words 病む (yamu - note that it's written with the kanji for "illness") and デレデレ (lovey-dovey as moose-kun explains above). So I understand it as lovey-dovey, with a hint of mental instability. Which is why yandere characters often end up murdering someone before the series is over.

Disclaimer: Don't actually want anime tropes in PoE2, just participating in this thread for the lulz.

I'm not really interested either, though it is of note that unstable people loving, or being obsessed over, someone to the extent that they snap and start killing people is hardly a purely Japanese trope. Yandere is just a manner to describe something, the chosen termonology is Japanese, but not what it describes. Same with any other of the terms, there are English language ways to describe such things. Much the same way Neutral uses the word Weeb, its a way of describing something born of a particular community, that other more conventional words, in any number of languages, could be used to describe instead. Yet we still do like our funny little slang and sub-culture terminology regardless.

I'd attribute it to fans, but weeb (as True used) is an example of something to describe a particular type of fan, not born of that particular fanbase, most likely born of a particular community, so I'm less sure it's a fan thing as much as people/human/sentient intelligence capable of speech/writing thing. Language changes, slang could be considered a mutation of language that over time becomes a standard, lingual evolution or some such. Not that the particulars matter much. Words are fun regardless.

Edited by grumpymoose
  • Like 1

- Pride and Prejudice

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just cantankerous because we might not get an extra companion because they thought fishing was more important. :p

They thought you'd appreciate fresh fish instead of a cold fish. Personally I prefer to learn how to fish.

- Pride and Prejudice