What class and build will you use for your save file moving onto Deadfire?

I will play an aumaua kind wayfarer paladin explorer from deadfire. In the first game he explores the dyrwood and in the second game he returns home. I will do a completeonist run (= finish all quests), but I will try to keep as much importent creatures alive as possible (e.g. adra dragon). I just want to see how much of them do I meet again in the second game.

The Deadfire setting makes me wish for a pirate style character. But I'm not sure how to build one. Any ideas, anyone?

It's easy... Island aumaua rogue using ruffian weapons and 1h style, wearing padded armor, with eye patch and an amulet. You start the fight with Fellstroke and Runner's Wounding Shot, then switch to Bittercut/Purgatory (in 3rd slot you can keep Bleak Fang/Azureith's Stiletto or Silver Flash - not sure what damage bonuses apply to the procs, but it would be interesting if they can benefit from deathblows).

I tried something like that and it sucked. What did I do wrong? Should I have done dual wield? Better stat distribution (I didn't min max). Is the third weapon slot the key (I played orlan because ... fuuuurrrr).

Rogues are not easy to play - you must avoid taking aggro because you will go down very fast. Basically you have to wait stealthed until your tank(s) take the aggro or the enemies are CC and then pick your targets and kill fast.

It's even more fun if you combine a disabling weapon like Godansthunyr with Badgradr's Barricade and also wear the Binding Rope: stuck + stun, then comes the ToTV bash with deathblows. :)

Too bad the bash comes first when you do full attacks - but the follwing attack cycle really hurts.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I guess I'll have to start the game then. ^^

One warning if you haven't played PotD before: it's a lot harder than Hard. This can come as something of a shock, particularly if you expect it to be like the step from Normal to Hard. One big difference is you might need to leave some content you'd usually do right away until later. For example, perhaps you usually rush to Caed Nua as soon as you can, but on PotD you should only do this if you enjoy a challenge and are a bit of a masochist.

Beyond that, make sure you pay attention to enemy defences and target what they are weak against, and know that the difficult decreases substantially as you go, so by Act II it doesn't feel too bad.

Sorry if you're actually a PotD veteran and already know this by the way.

Nope, have only played on Hard so far, thanks for the tips!

I will take a closer look at their weaknesses, didn't need to do that in most cases on Hard.

I usually finish everything and then do Temple of Eothas -> Raedric's Kepp -> Caed Nua.

Mostly because by then I have some copper to invest in the keep/buy a weapon or two. ^^

Also thanks to @Boeroer for the detailed list. If I'll struggle I'll come back to check. :)

Edited by v-anus

It's even more fun if you combine a disabling weapon like Godansthunyr with Badgradr's Barricade and also wear the Binding Rope: stuck + stun, then comes the ToTV bash with deathblows. :)

Too bad the bash comes first when you do full attacks - but the follwing attack cycle really hurts.

Sounds fun, but sadly, not very piratey :(

I have two saves now. The first is a female orlan range cipher (which became to repetetive and easy, so will probably not continue). The second is on PoD and is male aumaua druid from deadfire ;)

It is immoral that a mattress should have so much power […] glory to the mattress which nullifies a cannon

I'll be creating a new character, so as to maximize & experiment with multiclassing, etc. Plus I just love to create new characters. I have like 10 mains on POE right now.

I believe that, even if you import a character, you can pick a new level 1 class, so you won't be limiting your multiclassing options. That said, I understand the enjoyment of creating new characters :)

I'll be creating a new character, so as to maximize & experiment with multiclassing, etc. Plus I just love to create new characters. I have like 10 mains on POE right now.

I believe that, even if you import a character, you can pick a new level 1 class, so you won't be limiting your multiclassing options. That said, I understand the enjoyment of creating new characters :)

Seriously, it's like a major hobby for me. Someone could almost come out with a game of just, creating characters, and I'd play that lol.

• Like 1