What class and build will you use for your save file moving onto Deadfire?

I'm really excited by the new multiclass feature. This could allow for a lot of creativity if done right.

But that's also why I'll probably try a brand new character.

For the 2-games-long adventure, I'll simply wait for the ccommunity to mod the deadfire engine into PoE :)

So with the Deadfire fig campaign coming to an end, what class and build are you using for your save file to be imported over?

Well, build doesn't matter, because you start from lvl 1.

As for class... it's not like I have a choice with 3/3 cipher mains :)

Edited by MaxQuest

They will most likely even allow you to change your class (source: Q&A with Josh S. and Bobby N.) - so...

Nevertheless, I'm doing a "Boeroer the blue orlan one handed max crit rogue who operates behind enemy lines" build with the Aattuuk dagger. Just for roleplaying reasons and to see how good it gets. Maybe I'll reach a >90% crit/hit ratio. ;)

I'll bring along Edér (second squishy rusher), Aloth (Sir Lance-a-lot), Pallegina (dual wielding supermarker) and also Kana (Chillfog) and Durance (buffs only).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Like @Boeroer, I'll do another run with a rogue.

Also much like him, I wanted to make it a RP run, but I also haven't completed PotD so far.
I've no idea whether PotD is doable with story companions and a non optimized rogue....

Edited by v-anus

They will most likely even allow you to change your class (source: Q&A with Josh S. and Bobby N.) - so...

Nevertheless, I'm doing a "Boeroer the blue orlan one handed max crit rogue who operats behind enemy lines" build with the Aattuuk dagger. Just for roleplaying reasons and to see how good it gets. Maybe I'll reach a >90% crit/hit ratio. ;)

I'll bring along Edér (second squishy rusher), Aloth (Sir Lance-a-lot), Pallegina (dual wielding supermarker) and also Kana (Chillfog) and Durance (buffs only).

Boeroer, I thought that I'd read (or misread, as the case may be) that only Eder, Aloth, and Pallegina would be in PoE2.  Personally, I could do without Durance as the companion Priest in PoE2, but will LOVE having Pallegina in it as she's my favorite companion.

I'm not really sure what class I'll want to carry over into PoE2.  I'm very fond of rangers, but tend to find them a bit of a pain in that they take up a backliner slot in my party, without being the party's mechanic.  My last 2 PC's have been Fighters.  Never played a Fighter PC in the BG games as I thought they were boring compared to paladins.  But they're so much more interesting to me, in PoE.

Edited by Crucis

The Deadfire setting makes me wish for a pirate style character. But I'm not sure how to build one. Any ideas, anyone?

Pirates?  The easy answer is a Rogue, but I think that it could be done with a Fighter, Barbarian, or Chanter fairly easily as well.  I suppose that cipher is possible too.  Wizards, monks, paladins, priests, druids, and rangers don't seem to be a good fit, but who knows?  

Also much like him, I wanted to make it a RP run, but I also haven't completed PotD so far.

I've no idea whether PotD is doable with story companions and a non optimized rogue....

It definitely should be. It's not going to be the easiest run but I think PotD can be beaten with the Watcher playing any class and with story companions.

I thought it was narrowing to a five man party? ..... which I am not a fan of but seems will have to live with. I thought they would realize the mistakes of tweaking a great thing from Peter Jackson...

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

The Deadfire setting makes me wish for a pirate style character. But I'm not sure how to build one. Any ideas, anyone?

It's easy... Island aumaua rogue using ruffian weapons and 1h style, wearing padded armor, with eye patch and an amulet. You start the fight with Fellstroke and Runner's Wounding Shot, then switch to Bittercut/Purgatory (in 3rd slot you can keep Bleak Fang/Azureith's Stiletto or Silver Flash - not sure what damage bonuses apply to the procs, but it would be interesting if they can benefit from deathblows).

If you start DeadFire at level one what exactly are you importing from your high level PoE character?

I've not delved too deeply into DeadFire yet, just looked over some of the multiclassing and Vancian caster changes and am generally intrigued by the changes, looking forward to see if they pull it all off or fail epically.

Guys - I'll bring along those five guys for the PoE1 run I do before playing PoE2. In PoE2 only the first three of them.

In PoE2 I'll most likely multiclass the blue olan. Can't say what since I don't know the classes and subclasses yet.

My first playthrough will be a RP one to enjoy the story and explorarion like I always do before starting with the minmaxing stuff. ;)

It's actually a lot easier with story companions than with hirelings. PoTD is most tough in the early game and story companions' level is one above hirelings' which is a huge plus. Few stat points in the right places don't matter that much.

You can get four companions very quickly and then hire one adventurer until you reach the fifth.

And a rogue is always non optimized - compared to other classes. ;)

It's not that difficult at all.

It's easy... Island aumaua rogue using ruffian weapons and 1h style, wearing padded armor, with eye patch and an amulet. You start the fight with Fellstroke and Runner's Wounding Shot, then switch to Bittercut/Purgatory (in 3rd slot you can keep Bleak Fang/Azureith's Stiletto or Silver Flash - not sure what damage bonuses apply to the procs, but it would be interesting if they can benefit from deathblows).

I tried something like that and it sucked. What did I do wrong? Should I have done dual wield? Better stat distribution (I didn't min max). Is the third weapon slot the key (I played orlan because ... fuuuurrrr).

I guess I'll have to start the game then. ^^

One warning if you haven't played PotD before: it's a lot harder than Hard. This can come as something of a shock, particularly if you expect it to be like the step from Normal to Hard. One big difference is you might need to leave some content you'd usually do right away until later. For example, perhaps you usually rush to Caed Nua as soon as you can, but on PotD you should only do this if you enjoy a challenge and are a bit of a masochist.

Beyond that, make sure you pay attention to enemy defences and target what they are weak against, and know that the difficult decreases substantially as you go, so by Act II it doesn't feel too bad.

Sorry if you're actually a PotD veteran and already know this by the way.

My early ACT I PotD path usually is:

- Sell everything to Heodan in order to get nearly 2500 bucks.

- Cilant Lis als usual

- go to Valewood, kill the one outlaw that stands on the road, then lure the wolves to the bandits and free the dwarf, speak to norton Nonton.

- go to Gilded Vale, talk to the Black Hound barkeeper, do Against the Grain, pick up the Smith's quest and the Anslög Compass quest, pick up Aloth, rest, pick up Edér, hire a low micro merc that fits - like a supporter paladin for example

- beeline to Durance, beeline to Kana

- kill everything hostile in Valewood including bears, fetch Fulvanos stuff on the wall

- solve Norton's quest in Gilded Vale

- do Smith's quest, luring the top left trolls into the bandits (who are very tough otherwise)

- do Madhmr Bridge quest with the looters

- do Anslög's Compass quest (no tricks needed, mushrooms can be annoying)

- do Temple of Eothas quest (no tricks needed, shades can be annoying)

- do Raedric quest (frontal assault in order to get as much gear as possible, using chokepoints and pulling - abusing Kana's White Worm ;), paladins can be annoying)

- do Caed Nua (easy - nothing annoys me anymore)

- sometimes do some levels of the Endless Paths, but usually going right to Defiance Bay, might pick up Sagani and drop the merc (not necessarily) 

I do the same if I only want to use hirelings. But that's usually a bit tougher as I said. On the way I clear all maps which I cross - except Valewood which I clear after GIlded Vale. This way you won't have any trouble on PoTD, no matter the classes or builds and whatnot - if you know how the game mechanics work.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1