Will there be romances or will there not be? I'm confused. I like simple words.

Bah! No fun!

Be specific - how are you defining "romances"?

I think Josh's Valentines update answered what I needed to know. I expect these "romances" to be relationships - deep relationships in some cases that are cultivated over the course of the game.  These relationships capture the deep emotion of adult interactions - love, hate, grief, loss, joy, elation, friendship, etc.  I don't expect this to be a romance with the sole intention of NSFW interactions.  I expect more from Josh and the team -- and the Valentines day update aligned with those expectations.

Edited by mistermannindy

Will there be romances or will there not be? I'm confused. I like simple words.

Bah! No fun!

Be specific - how are you defining "romances"?

I think Josh's Valentines update answered what I needed to know. I expect these "romances" to be relationships - deep relationships in some cases that are cultivated over the course of the game.  These relationships capture the deep emotion of adult interactions - love, hate, grief, loss, joy, elation, friendship, etc.  I don't expect this to be a romance with the sole intention of NSFW interactions.  I expect more from Josh and the team -- and the Valentines day update aligned with those expectations.

I'm oldfashioned and simple. I separate my romantic and platonic relationships.

Bah! No fun!

Some companion relationships will be romantic in nature, but that doesn't mean they'll be "romances" in the current RPG vernacular sense. They're not being coy, they specifically distanced themselves from that term for a reason.

Is no one else worried that by distancing themselves from romances in past games, Obsidian puts the bar really high for themselves? The companions in PoE were great, except for the fact that there was very little sense of a relationship between them and the player. 

Bioware has been exploiting their stitch for a long time. Still, they are quite good at what they do.

Bah! No fun! 

P.S. They're definitely being coy about it, but I guess that's their prerogative as developers.

Edited by teenparty

I can't say I'm not worried. But if it's up to me, it's high bar or none at all, since I don't want BioWare style. They may be good at what they do but what they do is make bad things, IMO. :p

Agree totally, if the romances are like Bioware's then they can definitely just burn them right now along with everyone who wants them.  BURN THEM!

68608631.jpg

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

I can't say I'm not worried. But if it's up to me, it's high bar or none at all, since I don't want BioWare style. They may be good at what they do but what they do is make bad things, IMO. :p

Agree totally, if the romances are like Bioware's then they can definitely just burn them right now along with everyone who wants them.  BURN THEM!

68608631.jpg

pTSe3jE.jpg

Viconia, I'm coming for you!

• Like 2

Look up the word for scabbard in Latin sometime. It's pretty amusing.

Wasn't gladius also slang for ****?

Indeed. Makes you wonder what those legionaries were thinking of when they marched off to war...

Titus Pullo's favorite cuss words.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle