What kind of intelligent weapon do you want to have?

A talking Grimoire :D

​But I suppose it'd have to be a more universal item that everybody can use. Is it just one intelligent weapon or several of them? Is it an intelligent entity (A soul) that can be imbued/crafted into a weapon? Because that could solve a lot (Player gets to choose where the  intelligent weapon goes and what type of item it is).

A talking grimoire would be awesome.

Maybe you have to find ways to translate passages inside it, which means new abilities and spells are unlocked as the game progresses.

An orichalcum katana inhabited by the soul of this guy

the terrible reality is that katana dude, or somebody at least as wacky, is within 10' o' you every time you get on nyc subway or chicago L during rush hour.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A shield.

"Aaaagghh"

"Nooo"

"Wtffffff"

"Heeellluuuppp"

"Stop hitting meeer"

​"Come on is that all you've got"

​"Put your back into!"

​"Not so great while blunt now are ya?"

Because it is "loads of fun" to play with an annoying commentary? :facepalm:

Annoying for you.

Funny for others.

Xan from BG for example.

Okay. Well then hopefully an intelligent weapon that is fun for a large majority of the players, not just those who like goofy, immersion-breaking stuff.

Get off your high horse Buuuu-dy. Guys who talk about "us the majority" are the bane of society.

Who says YOU are the majority? The calender tear-away-of-the-day in your outhouse?

Comic relief is appreciated amongst all categories of people.

Have a coke and a smile and...

You can finish that quote yourself XD

• Like 1

A shield.

"Aaaagghh"

"Nooo"

"Wtffffff"

"Heeellluuuppp"

"Stop hitting meeer"

​"Come on is that all you've got"

​"Put your back into!"

​"Not so great while blunt now are ya?"

Because it is "loads of fun" to play with an annoying commentary? :facepalm:

Annoying for you.

Funny for others.

Xan from BG for example.

Okay. Well then hopefully an intelligent weapon that is fun for a large majority of the players, not just those who like goofy, immersion-breaking stuff.

Get off your high horse Buuuu-dy. Guys who talk about "us the majority" are the bane of society.

Who says YOU are the majority? The calender tear-away-of-the-day in your outhouse?

Comic relief is appreciated amongst all categories of people.

Have a coke and a smile and...

You can finish that quote yourself XD

Critical reading comprehension fail. Take -1 Int damage for 300 minutes. Next.  :lol:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Having a few lines of light humor does not mean it has to be rampant or frequent. Honestly I think talking weapons is sort of immersion break in and of itself.

Certainly, when it's well done. For immersion, the developers could always take the soul-reading route they had in PoE, but add in more free form social interaction.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Another thought...

Black Mirror, a great series (on Netflix) touches on technological resurrection. An android that gathers all online data of what a person has said and done, and then re-enacts it.

An artificial soul, animanced into a weapon. And the player crafts its "attitude"?

Edit: Star Dragon Sword from Suikoden is also pretty cool, legendary.

Edited by Osvir

Personally I like the comic relief talking weapons. But if you were to go super serious on it, I'd like to go dark and ominous. Maybe something like the Shadow Priest Artifact Weapon Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire from WoW. Intermittently whispering dark, disturbing and mad thoughts and half-truths from the old gods, hinting at the future and real meaning of the universe, but never truly being comprehensible.

Maybe it could have ties to Wael. Whispering ominous allusions to the true meaning of everything, secrets about the people you meet, making you question everything and yourself. Can the weapon even be trusted? What evil lurks in the minds of the gods, the turning of the wheel, and is the weapon luring you to serve the obfuscated interests of a God no one comprehends? Maybe it's best just to throw it away, and not risk its use? Or is it the dangers of using such a relic worth it for the power it offers?

Or how about a holy relic of Rymrgand (my absolute favourite diety and if I can play a priest for him that will be my first character). It grants you a powerful destructiveness in combat for sure, but wherever it goes, a bleak and relentless enthropic end follows you, as the weapon interjects Rymrgands will into discussions, quests and resolutions. Are you willing to bear such misery to touch the world, believing it's power is essential to, what...? Save the world?

Magic weapons doesn't have to be just a boring old soul container. I'd love to have some more mystical and dark magics being in the works.

As for weapon type? A reforgable weapon that can become any weapon type is good from a game mechanics point. On the other hand, I wouldn't want it to be the one weapon I will always use regardless of class or build, so I suspect it will be a weapon that is just never useless, like a sword.