What kind of intelligent weapon do you want to have?

I'd like that weapon to be on the level of hilariousness of Lilarcor, but maybe not as crazy evil as it was. It should not sound too annoying and should not have crappy stats, so that people would actually use it, not throw it away at first chance.

Edited by Aramintai

I like idea os Shield, pesimistic, coudl have skull on it. "Why it is always me who takes the beating" "Mummy told me to become sword, they get all the glory" "Could you dont die here, these place is extra creepy" "At least pretend you are doging"

mechanic that soulsticks are always the right weapon type was good. Otherwise it could be too frustrating.

There is enought problems with "There is simply more good Greatswords than Estocs, deal with it"

Edited by evilcat

I really like that there'll be a talking weapon in the game. There are several things which I hope Obsidian avoids to do.

1. Gifting the weapon on every play through. Such a weapon should require some effort/exploration to aquire it. Sadly because this is a promised sg I think everyone will get it on a normal playthrough.
  2. (Again) Because it is a stretch goal the weapon will be either a morphable weapon to accommodate every class or have a weapon type which is based an the mainchar. I remember finding lilarcor on my first playthrough and my char couldn't use it. On my next playthrough I made a char who could wield it because I really wanted to use it. (This one is a small thing and I understand if the majority thinks otherwise.)
  3. Giving the weapon only a few barks during battle and nothing more. It would be cool if the weapon could provide a quest where you could free the trapped soul within the weapon. If you go through with it the weapon wouldn't talk anymore and maybe even lose/aquire some other powers. Thinking about it: You could "free" (transfer) the soul from the sword to a construct like the Devil of Carroc and get a sidekick (companion would be much cooler but completely out of scope i guess ;D) instead of the talking weapon. THAT would be an awesome decision and if the weapon is missable something which would definetly encourage replayability.

Not sure why it had to be talking weapon. An armor would have been cool as well. Instead of barks when you attack it would utter barks when you're hit and at specific endurance lvls it could activate abilities accompanied with a set of special barks. I'm looking forward to obsidians implementation and I hope they take the idea of lilarcor one or two steps further ;)

Edited by Shiroco

I just want a weapon that's as much a person, with goals and hopes it's own perspective and full personality, as any other NPC.

I want the weapon to be as much an individual as Sagani.

I don't know why that remark was directed at Sagani, but I lol'ed.

Sagani is my go-to for the minimum of companion allure. Less interesting then that, and I'm never going to use them.

Personally she was my favorite Pillars companion, so I guess I can go a bit below the standard set by her.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

A talking Grimoire :D

​But I suppose it'd have to be a more universal item that everybody can use. Is it just one intelligent weapon or several of them? Is it an intelligent entity (A soul) that can be imbued/crafted into a weapon? Because that could solve a lot (Player gets to choose where the  intelligent weapon goes and what type of item it is).

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 2

I'd like an intellectual, logical weapon who has been around for a while and can offer actual advice about your situation. It'd be nice if you first get it as a formless blade, and it can be shaped into anything from a dagger to a spear.

• Like 2

I'd like this weapon to be not only upgradable, so that I can carry it throughout the game, but also I'd like it to comment on what's going on around the game world and give advice throughout the story, no matter how ridiculous or hilarious it may be.

Also, it would be cool if the weapon had a personal quest. Like, for example, free the soul trapped inside of it or help it kill some dangerous beastie.

Edited by Aramintai
  • Like 1

I'd rather it was a weapon you could choose the shape of, once.

Perhaps before you begin you get asked? Or, you get the option to take it to a smith? Or, mayhap, it takes the form that you need.

I would not mind if it was like the blade that killed Wulfgar's wife (murderously insane), nor would I mind if it was balanced. Just, please no goody-two-shoe thing.

Depends on the voice actor

Stiletto/Dagger: Joe Pesci

Rapier/Sabre : Patrick Steward

Shield : Gilbert Gottfried

Scepter/Rod : Seth Mcfarlane

Warhammer/Poleaxe: Ron Perlman

Pistol/Wand: Tim Curry

Arquebus/Arbalest: John Goodman

Sword: Bill Murray

Hatchet/Battleaxe: Mark Hamill

Hah! So many do videogames...

You guys fill these out im going to work:

Christoper Walken Ellen Page Vin Diesel Woopi Goldberg Samuel L Jackson Elijah Wood Sean Bean 50cent Liam Neesen go go go

Edited by Leeuwenhart

​

​

A shield.

"Aaaagghh"

"Nooo"

"Wtffffff"

"Heeellluuuppp"

"Stop hitting meeer"

​"Come on is that all you've got"

​

​"Put your back into!"

​

​"Not so great while blunt now are ya?"

Because it is "loads of fun" to play with an annoying commentary?  :facepalm:

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

​

​

A shield.

"Aaaagghh"

"Nooo"

"Wtffffff"

"Heeellluuuppp"

"Stop hitting meeer"

​

​"Put your back into!"

​

Because it is "loads of fun" to play with an annoying commentary? :facepalm:

Annoying for you.

Funny for others.

Xan from BG for example.

​

​

A shield.

"Aaaagghh"

"Nooo"

"Wtffffff"

"Heeellluuuppp"

"Stop hitting meeer"

​

​"Put your back into!"

​

Because it is "loads of fun" to play with an annoying commentary? :facepalm:

Annoying for you.

Funny for others.

Xan from BG for example.

Okay. Well then hopefully an intelligent weapon that is fun for a large majority of the players, not just those who like goofy, immersion-breaking stuff.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."