Yes, it works. And it also uses the accuracy bonus of Transcendent Suffering, which is not always the case with special attacks.

I hope you didn't mean Enervating Blows. In case you did: those also work with fists. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Maxquest, are you sure that the envenomed strike won't apply when attacking a crush immune enemy? Just yesterday my party was fighting a bunch of ice blights in WM1, and I was surprised to see that my monk killed a crush immune enemy with an unarmed strike; he scored a crit for 0 crush damage, but lightning strikes was activated and he dealt 10 lightning damage. So the lightning damage was applied even though the base attack damage was zero. I have no idea if this would be the case with envenomed strike since I've never taken it, but I thought I would ask given this experience.

Yeap. But re-tested it just a minute ago anyway.

If you try to apply Envenomed Strike with your fists on a crush-immune enemy, combat log will show that you have missed with the second effect (no matter how high your accuracy is).

Maxquest, are you sure that the envenomed strike won't apply when attacking a crush immune enemy? Just yesterday my party was fighting a bunch of ice blights in WM1, and I was surprised to see that my monk killed a crush immune enemy with an unarmed strike; he scored a crit for 0 crush damage, but lightning strikes was activated and he dealt 10 lightning damage. So the lightning damage was applied even though the base attack damage was zero. I have no idea if this would be the case with envenomed strike since I've never taken it, but I thought I would ask given this experience.

I know that lightning strikes do still go through) They are treated like a lash, and it doesn't matter if main attack dealt 0 damage due to DR or immunity.

Envenomed Strike through just wastes a charge.

I've even tested if you could apply Envenom with fists WHILE lightning strikes are on (as theoretically there was a chance that it wasn't applied because of 0 damage) and with accuracy high enough to 100% guarantee a hit. But nope, it still doesn't work. You can check these screenshots, and this combat log entry:

LxCdama.png

It even shows Fort:Immune, despite of the fact that Greater Ice Blights have 107 fortitude.

Edit: (!) it actually gets applied via fists to crush immune enemies. Just noticed that ice blights which I used as target dummies are actually immune to poison :)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

Khm, I've just noticed that Ice Blights are immune to poison.

I've just checked. The problem was not in the fact that I was trying to apply Envenomed Strike with fists vs crush immune enemy; but in that that the enemy was immune to poison itself. Fort:Imm notice in combat log could be a little more descriptive. But yeah, should check my target for all immunities)

Khm, I've just noticed that Ice Blights are immune to poison.

I've just checked. The problem was not in the fact that I was trying to apply Envenomed Strike with fists vs crush immune enemy; but in that that the enemy was immune to poison itself. Fort:Imm notice in combat log could be a little more descriptive. But yeah, should check my target for all immunities)

So in general crush immunity won't provide envenomed strike immunity?

No. Just tried to apply it with fists upon Alpine Dragon (who is immune to crush, but not to poison). And envenom was applied.

My bad for that false positive.

Why dislike? If I am understanding Max's post - "And envenom was applied." -  it works.

Hah, probably because I confused him :)

P.S. It's not the first time, the question about poison list appears...

Imho such stuff should be included in spells' tooltips.

• Like 1

Why dislike? If I am understanding Max's post - "And envenom was applied." -  it works.

Hah, probably because I confused him :)

Yes - your test totally convinced me although I was doubtful at first. But of course I was only teasing. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods