Fulvano is a hack - a person who is a professional at doing some sort of service, but does crappy work.

His discoveries:

1. Balefire Beacon
  2. Dunnage
  3. Drowned Barrows
  4. More Dunnage
  5. More Drowned Barrows
  6. Ori o Koiki
  7. Crookspur
  8. Even more Drowned Borrows since the last time

We had a laugh, that maybe there was still some thing he missed in his journeys, but I'm amazed that this idea wasn't far away from the truth.

So, Fulvano, you are a hack.

If I find you somewhere near the skull island, I'll make sure you stay there for good.

934980_1k8vsw1.jpg

Love and kisses :p 

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I would like to commemorate some interesting things from the other thread about our beloved hack of a explorer ;)

Gotta do it in parts, because of the quotation limit. So here is part 1:

Fulvano sailed from lighthouse island to skull-face island. Saw it from afar and said "nope. Better get back to lighthouse island. There was a town there I didn't explore much. Maybe I'll find a tavern noone else has found". And so he returned and found the tavern that everyone knew of.

As his was drinking his ass off, boasting about a skull-faced island he discovered, several just-befriended pirates spoke to him about his discovery, because, of course, they knew about the skull-faced island since ages. "Do you know there's a dungeon beneath it? You go explore it and come show us what you've found in there".

"Of course I will!" shout Fulvano with his explorerness re-pumped. And he set sail to "explore" the unexplored skull-faced island and bring its dungeon treasures to his just-made pirate friends - who formed a backstabbing grin as he walked towards the door.

Next step to Fulvano's voyage: Fulvano's little dock. After he looted the empty dungeon of skull-faced island of its rusty pirate swords, he returned to lighthouse-island to solve his confusion about wether there was no treasure or these rusty swords were more that met the eye. His newly-befriendied tavern fellows should know. By accident, though, he missed the Dunnage harbour and landed on small bay on the other side of the island. He decided that it was unexplored since then, tied his boat somewere around and named it Fulvano's Little Dock. Then walked all the way over the mountain (which he named Fulvano Peek - unaware thet the mountain already had a name) and, after a couple of weeks, he reached Dunnage, exhausted and starving.

Next destination at 28,000 backers!

After leaving Dunnage for the 3rd time, Fulvano set sail to the Skull Island one more time to triple check if he didn't miss anything the last time he was there. Fortune smiled to Fulvano as it turned out that there was in fact an endemic creature living on said Island that he didn't observe before. Thus seagulia fulvani was discovered! Ofc that creature was a bird, it wasn't endemic, and it just chillaxed on the Island before continuing its flight to somewhere else.

Next destination at 29,500 backers!

The bird took off and Fulvano decided to follow it, dreaming of the new exotic and unkown places it'll lead him. The bird flew back to Dunnage, though, and directly into the house of a well known pirate. Fulvano asked him were did he find the bird. "To a mysterious island to the south" he replied and gave some discription/directions to Fulvano who left excited, although he should know by now that the island south is most probably the skull-faced island.

Dext destination at 31,000 backers!

Fulvano decided that he should immediately depart from Dunnage, but after giving it much thought he considered that the mysterious island to the south must be the one he already visited, like 3 times. Determined to actually discover something new he stealthly came back and skulked about at the well known pirate's house for a little longer. There he stumbled upon a hidden passageway behind a wardrobe. The corridor led to a mysterious path, leading deeper and further undergound. Little did Fulvano know, that the exit is on the other side of the canal, right in the middle of the Skull Islands' left eye-socket. Dunnage-Skull passageway unlocked, you can travel between Fulvano's discoveries by foot.

Next destination at 32,500 backers!

Fulvano didn't give up. He went back into the tunnel, determined to find something new on the first island, but halfway through he tripped on a homeless person (Fulvano only now noticed how populated this 'secret' passage was), and fell onto the ground. He tried to prop himself on the wall while getting up, but he found only empty space there, and so he fell again. After finally getting back on his feet he examined the unexpected lack of wall, and discovered that there was a secret passage within the secret passage!

Three weeks later Fulvano was hungry. And thirsty, and tired, and smelly, and many other things. His supplies had ran out on the eight day of his expedition into the secret-secret tunnel. Or was it the ninth day? There was no way to track time down there. He had to eat fungi and slugs, and drink what he hoped was really water. But he was too far in to go back, so he'd keep pushing on, until he either found a way out, or perished like all those people to whom he gave his clothes over the years.

His efforts were rewarded – there was a light, at last, ahead of him! Fulvano rushed towards it, ran past the exit of the tunnel, and almost fell to his death. There was an enormous crater in front of him, the bottom of which he couldn't even see.

Fulvano has discovered a twice-secret passage into Caed Nua!

Next destination at 34,000 backers!

I bet Fulvano will make an u-turn yet again and found a secret passageway within a secret passageway and leads to a mysterious underwater island just beneath Dunnage!.. at this rate probably be keep discovering new sections just within these 2 islands!

An island in an island on an exploration of an exploration...

Pillarception.
Tun Tun.

• Like 1

Part 2:

Isn't Fulvano like PoE's version of Volo? I hope we meet him in the second game, so he can tell us stufff and we can steal an aquamarine gem from him. :>

I suppose if we move between lighthouse-island and skullface-island regularily will come across him as he's going back and forth "exploring" them :p

Falvano... trying to learn that the world is round in the wrong way

Are we sure Fulvano isn't a manifestation of Wael? He reveals the mysteries of geography to his companions, but then hides them again through the subtle act of getting them killed. His bizarre trips between Dunnage and the Drowned Barrows are, once again, acts aimed at obfuscating a mystery. Yeah, I think he's Wael.

(...)

The Endless Paths of Dunnage.

Fulvano ventured south of the skull Island?

STOP THE PRESSES!

What are the odds he will "discover" pale elves and boreal dwarves?

"Henceforth you will be known as fulvano elves and fulvano dwarves"

Fulvano's next discovery:

jtBbL3D.jpg

Even if we kill him, he could come back as an awakened soul in PoE3:

"Some kid just up and took our boat.  Muttered something about needing to discover that skull-island."

"You mean the one with the tourist-resort?"

"That's the one....oh look, he's bringing the boat back."

Edited by Messier-31

Is hack a class?

It would make half my character concepts easier if it was!

Do we know what class Fulvano is?  Not planning on making him, honest... :disguise:

There's an explorer background. Couldn't say what class. Rogue perhaps?

Yeah the explorer background is a given (or is it?  He's not actually GOOD at being an explorer after all...).  I'd say Rogue too, or maybe Chanter?  With the multiclassing maybe both?

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Isn't Fulvano dead already? You find his body in PoE 1 along with other dead people wearing his stuff.

Oh, for the love of....

Didn't Fulvano die in Pillars?  Thought that was his body you find on the beach.

Not sure if you serious or trolling ;)

Summary:

• fate of Fulvano is not known
  • we discussed this a lot in this thread
  • maybe it was his body in PoE1, but no names were given so it's just a guess
  • official wiki says that he is nowhere to be found in PoE1
  • in Fig comment section somebody asked about the possibility of meeting Fulvano in PoE2, and brennecke replied vaguely "Maybe if Fulvano is still alive. Is he? Hmm..."
  • derp

EDIT: Found brennecke's post:

749560_fulvano.png

We now need that on a t-shirt (akin to the 'Elvis Lives' t-shirts)

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Fulvano is a soul, jumping from body to body?

Or Fulvano is a cat, 9 lives.

Edit: Maybe he's a Hermes like diety?

We are Fulvano and time is a flat circle.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No wonder all his friends died.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands