Favourite New Companion/Sidekick  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Which new companion/sidekick are you most looking forward to?

• Xoti AKA Peasant Girl turned Sickle-Wielding Priestess
    • Maia Rua AKA Eagle-Wielding Big Sister
    • Tekēhu AKA ??? Godlike Aumaua
    • Serafen AKA Pirate Orlan with Hand-Cannon
    • Ydwin AKA Bespectacled Pale Elf with Corpse Obsession
    • Radora AKA Drunken Mage Sea Captain
    • Bonteru AKA Explorer Dwarf with Passion for Poison
    • Rekke AKA Happy Fighter who Speaks Gibberish
    • The Sentient Weapon

Only ones I'm genuinely intrigued by are Xoti and Maia, and Maia only because she's Kana's sister. 

Xoti on the other hand – a follower of Gaun, a Readceran, and what seems like a complex and interesting character right out of the gate, and I'm very curious on how she'll get along with Edér. Oh, and the lantern seems cool too, gonna want her in the party in the darker places. 

• Like 2

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Only ones I'm genuinely intrigued by are Xoti and Maia, and Maia only because she's Kana's sister. 

Xoti on the other hand – a follower of Gaun, a Readceran, and what seems like a complex and interesting character right out of the gate, and I'm very curious on how she'll get along with Edér. Oh, and the lantern seems cool too, gonna want her in the party in the darker places. 

I'm only interested in Xoti for her priest abilities, looks like she's the only option for that role among NPCs.

Maia, on the other hand, looks like an interesting character. I only hope her personality is not too samey as Pallegina's.

Blue orlan dude too, he looks like he will be very fun to have around.

Can't say anything about Tekehu, as nothing was really told about him, but druids are always useful to have around.

Ydwin looks like anime megane - nerd girl character from Castlevania, or something. Seen too much of her type of looks to find it interesting. But I suppose her interest in animancy is closest we will get to proper animancer class.

Edited by Aramintai

I don't care if Ydwin is hot or not, I just love the idea of having an animancer in the party - in fact I feel this should have literally been the first companion you met in the first game so we had a mouthpiece we care about for this core part of the plot and setting, and I think it's pretty dumb it got relegated to a 'maybe in the sequel if we completely overshoot our other goals'.

I also like pale elves and their background, and I like the idea of the in-setting equivelant of a necromancer being rather old-school gentlemanly polite about it. She looks like she's about to duel for her honor because someone accused her of defiling a corpse. :p

I thought Pallegina acted as the mouthpiece for animancy pretty well in the first game. I agree that having an animancer in the party is interesting and it's what makes the prospect of a full-fledged Ydwin the most interesting. Necromancy and pale elves less so, but all the same the former stands.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

• 1 year later...

Out of all the new companions, Ydwin really stands out, but instead of making her a full companion, she was made into a hollow sidekick. Kinda sucks since other uninteresting and uninspiring characters like Xoti get to be fully fleshed out. Obsidian needs to get their priorities straight